Marvel's Avengers

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I agree the game isn't perfect. However, bitching about Kamala not being a core Avenger while also gushing about the tranny chick shoehorned into Last of Us 2 is pretty dumb.
I was thinking the same thing. I believe they were overly harsh on the game. I enjoy it. It is fun but it does have its issues. If you read the bugs reddit you would think the game is a POS the way people cry in there. The campaign didn't bother me at all. There wasn't any in your face SJW crap so that's a huge bonus in this day in age. The game probably would have received raving reviews if Kamala was a lesbian who had to stop mid-game to pray to allah. They even admit in the video they don't care for Destiny which is pretty much this game with a Marvel skin and no social hub. I don't know. This and the TLoU2 videos were misses for me. They have over a mil subscribers now so hopefully, they aren't losing track of what made them.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I took her main complain to be that you're playing a game called "Avengers" and you're playing as Kamala. Like, I don't know anything about the game other than what I've read here, or Kamala, or well... the Avengers except for growing up and reading comics and the recent Marvel movies. But it seems like there's a possibility of it being off putting if you've been exposed to the "Avengers" Avengers the last decade worth of movies, then you buy the game and get to play as this random kid? Again, as someone who does not play the game and has not experienced the plot, it was just how the comment came off. As an observant outsider.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I took her main complain to be that you're playing a game called "Avengers" and you're playing as Kamala. Like, I don't know anything about the game other than what I've read here, or Kamala, or well... the Avengers except for growing up and reading comics and the recent Marvel movies. But it seems like there's a possibility of it being off putting if you've been exposed to the "Avengers" Avengers the last decade worth of movies, then you buy the game and get to play as this random kid? Again, as someone who does not play the game and has not experienced the plot, it was just how the comment came off. As an observant outsider.

I mean they never once stated that this was an MCU related game for one, and Kamala is one of the most popular characters added to the Avengers in years. Kamala is done very well here. As someone who never looked much into her because of the SJW stuff, they are not pushing any agenda's here with her. They could have easily had a young Spidey in her place, but the story is also about the Terrigen crystals and introducing the Inhumans. Also you aren't totally forced into playing Kamala once you start finding the other Avengers. I think maybe they didn't realize they could swap her out for any of the heroes they had unlocked.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
  • 1Worf

Argarth

On the verandah

Yep, after multiple attempts, Steam refuses to give me a refund, so I thought I'd test it out. Only tested one feature.

Steam Offline mode - Maxed out all Resources and Units, upgraded all my gear to max power level, bought gear from the Helicarrier Faction vendor. Unload Trainer.
Back to Steam Online Mode - all this stuff is still on my character, and then successfully logged into a Multiplayer Matchmaking session... gg

Apparently there's also a Save Editor for the PS4, but I don't own one so can't test that out.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
  • 1Solidarity

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
eh it was gonna happen eventually idk why they didnt/couldent separate offline and online, i agree using things like godmode / one hit kill just ruins the game for you but im ok with cheating the resource system to just make the game more enjoyable and less painful.

also im not sure if this would be detected and get you banned if you tried to use godmode and such online, Best bet is to do what argarth did go offline hack all your shit then go back online.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The weird thing is basically kamala is kinda the audiance stand in here. The wide eyed fan girl who got to see her heroes up close for with all their flaws. The main campaign is pretty well mixed up with some missions you are locked into a hero but most you can choose. I kinda suspect maybe they did not notice the hero change table or that you could select during mission select who you were playing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Argarth

On the verandah
eh it was gonna happen eventually idk why they didnt/couldent separate offline and online, i agree using things like godmode / one hit kill just ruins the game for you but im ok with cheating the resource system to just make the game more enjoyable and less painful.

also im not sure if this would be detected and get you banned if you tried to use godmode and such online, Best bet is to do what argarth did go offline hack all your shit then go back online.
The single player campaign part of this game was great. I really enjoyed it, and was a little disappointed it wasn't longer. So I definitely got some value for money there.

The rest of the game is hundreds/thousands of hours of item hunting, and repetitive content. And they're expecting to fund the game for years to come on MTX alone. That only "works" if your item/loot/crafting system, the thing that defines the scarcity/power and desirability of items, is completely secure and beyond the reach of the player, all players.

Take MH for example. I played well over 2000 hours, grinding/crafting like a motherfucker, tuning builds and playstyles across many different characters. The combat was fun, and I loved it. Had that game been open to client side modding, I wouldn't have given it a second look.

Presumably they spent millions making this game, complete with a road map for the future. Then they threw the rule book in the trash and told the referee to go home.

A little melodramatic perhaps, but that's how I feel about it. Not interested in cheating or hacking, which is why I asked for a refund. Maybe they'll get some serious blow-back about this in the coming months and something will be done about it, who knows. For now I've pretty much completely lost interest in the game. Pity because the combat is actually fun.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, they failed to see that while the game is called the Avengers, the Story is about a comic nerd trying to get the Avengers back together to save the world from an evil Corporation. Having an issue with the Story of this game seems like you're trying too hard to hate it. Hate it for the sloppy Q&A and lack of development, not the Story.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So because cheating is an option that you decided NOT to partake in, you want the game refunded?

For THIS game? Who cares if people cheat. You don't have to play with anyone if you don't want. And even if you do, it's not going to impact you the way it would in, say, COD. if it's really that big of a deal, just play with your friends that you know aren't cheating

spronk

FPS noob
meh i finished the story yesterday and thought it was just average at best. Its jarring how new characters come in and you get little to no "together" time, the last mission is the only one that tries to capture that "team" feeling (other than the starting bridge mission) and it does it in a super janky, confusing, and unfun way. The combat just did not feel cool in any way at any point in the game. Kamala was definitely the best character because you got the most story beats, I still don't really know much about Stark, Thor, Bruce, Widow, etc after finishing the campaign. Maybe i'm supposed to read in game comics or some shit like Destiny.

all in all its one of the worst single player games I have played in the last few years, not because its bad but because its so unimaginative and disconnected. Yeah i'm sure there are plenty of worse SP games but I skip ones that are obvious shit, this one sounded interesting but it really wasn't. In many ways this game reminded me of Anthem in how janky the story was, but honestly I thought Anthem had more highs and better combat.

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Note that the story does continue after the "Campaign" is over. Think of the single player campaign as a very long tutorial / intro. This is similar to Destiny/Division/Anthem, but in this case there does seem to be genuinely an ongoing story that has had thought put into it.

Argarth

On the verandah
So because cheating is an option that you decided NOT to partake in, you want the game refunded?

For THIS game? Who cares if people cheat. You don't have to play with anyone if you don't want. And even if you do, it's not going to impact you the way it would in, say, COD. if it's really that big of a deal, just play with your friends that you know aren't cheating

I presume this is directed at me.

My remark regarding cheating or hacking was only in response to T TecKnoe , (whom I quoted) when he remarked my small test in the trainer (resources) was probably the best way to go about it. No slight against him, I was simply trying to point out that I have no interest in playing a game like that.

Of course I don't care what other people do. More to the point, the bulk of my post wasn't even about that. I explained why I think the game is a failure in design, and that's why I wanted my money back - because I didn't know about this when I bought it. Forget the cheating, people can do whatever the fuck they want, I couldn't care less.

Imagine tomorrow, for example, that you could give yourself unlimited currency in Path of Exile, or mod in your own items in WoW, Destiny, Diablo, or any other game like this that is about the long term loot hunt, and item progression. They all depend on item security for their very existence. Apparently this game does not. That was all my point.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Next big patch 1.30 happening end of the week they said, they're moving the weekly challenge resets to thursdays. They apparently have a long list of fixes, the CM commented about being on pg 7 of the notes, how big a page is who knows. Probably won't fix the client side stuff, and they probably don't care as the game has no pvp and no item trading. It will suck eventually as more people will probably take advantage of the trainer.