Marvel's Avengers

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Multi player on this died I guess, I can never find anyone for missions.
I am not sure if multiplayer died or if the match maker is just really bad/wonky. Somedays I seem to get matchmade pretty decently then others just nothing but then sometimes if I disable/reenable matchmaking suddenly it starts finding people again.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I believe I read they were working on a fix for multiplayer. It doesn't 100% work. I couldn't connect to anyone day 1-2 and I haven't tried since. Supposedly there will be a big patch coming today and that might be one of the fixes.

Argarth

On the verandah
Looks like my campaign save is just perma loading today. That's great. Any advice?

You should have 5 backups in your Documents > Marvel Avengers folder. You could try renaming one of them and see if it loads, the most recent one I guess. Make a copy of the current one first of course, sorry if that sounds obvious =)
The other thing you could try is to GO OFFLINE in Steam, and see if your current save will load that way. If it does, then zone, change characters or something to get the game to create a fresh current save. I'm just guessing though.

edit: Assumed PC. If PS4 you can download the saves to a USB, not sure about Xbox.

1600443212944.png

Last edited:

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
You should have 5 backups in your Documents > Marvel Avengers folder. You could try renaming one of them and see if it loads, the most recent one I guess. Make a copy of the current one first of course, sorry if that sounds obvious =)
The other thing you could try is to GO OFFLINE in Steam, and see if your current save will load that way. If it does, then zone, change characters or something to get the game to create a fresh current save. I'm just guessing though.

edit: Assumed PC. If PS4 you can download the saves to a USB, not sure about Xbox.

View attachment 303350
Looks like I fucked my back up saves by trying to do something in Avengers Initiative to see if that would unfuck my campaign save (it didn't)

Argarth

On the verandah
Looks like I fucked my back up saves by trying to do something in Avengers Initiative to see if that would unfuck my campaign save (it didn't)

Are you on PC/Steam? You might be lucky enough to get a clean backup from the cloud, if you move your local saves, and then restart/reconnect to Steam, it will pull them down. Depends on how recently this all happened I guess.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
You guys can add me, im taking it pretty slow with the campaign because i dont really care for single player games, but if anyone wants to jump online im down.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just started this last night on Xbox (because as it turns out Gamefly's "high availability" on everything is apparently not a bug and it shipped out before I remembered to change my queue).

Other than Kamala being even more irritating than I expected, the story isn't bad so far. Not sure about the gameplay though, already seeing the repetitiveness ACG was talking about in his non-review. Edit: Nm, found some YT guides. Still not sure which character I want to focus on first. As far as comics go, I'm more of a Black Widow fan than any of the others, but it sounds like she's not that great at least for solo play.

Last edited:

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
I'm a Widow fan, she has some good combos, and mobility with the grapple going from target to target, and also her invis ult which can be extended to almost infinite use if built for heroic orb stun spam. My only problem with her was every time I went to start air combos with her(like I spend half my fights in the air) I would get shot in the back in the middle of it almost every time. Range hate got toned down with the patch, so it may not be so bad anymore. She's also got some good gun builds, like full auto spamming to apply effects, or crit one shot with the high cal pistol. Going back to her when I finish outfitting iron man and thor.

avengerseffects.png

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Did the new Heroic Gauntlet1 after the patch, the hero rotation thing is working in that if you get downed you have to switch to another character so long as that other character meets the power requirement.

It says it's 8 floors, but it was actually 6 and not too bad so long as I played super defensive. Did not get an exotic however :(

Qhue

Trump's Staff
My bad, it's a normal heroic hive but the mission is to do 8 of them in a series of parts. After I did the one last night I'm on part 2 of the 'quest'

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Even after the patch yesterday I still can't load into the campaign lol. Shitshow

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
They clarified that Exotic gear can only drop the first time you complete heroic activities each week. They did say that the drop percentage would increase soon once the Last Avenger Standing was working properly.

Vorph

The campaign is much better, but everything else about this game gives me flashbacks to Anthem at release. Just once I'd like to see a GaaS that didn't release with godawful loot and balance issues and a massive list of bugs, followed by the devs spending their time scrambling to 'fix' anything that gives even a slight unintended advantage while all the other shit that negatively impacts players gets fixed when they get around to it. The genre has become a fucking cliche at this point.

Edit: The worst part is that I'd normally be really excited about the idea that a game like this actually heavily favors solo play, but the gameplay is so boring/repetitive/broken that I still don't see myself having any desire to play past the end of the campaign and maybe whatever else doesn't require a ton of grinding to complete.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
yeah after division, destiny and anthem i have no desire to play the loot grind game so i used my cheat software (PS4 Save Wizard) to give my Captain America level 50, all skill points, all cosmetics, and max out all stat points, costumes, skins, currencies, etc lol. i know it "ruins" the game but i wasnt gonna really play much after the campaign so it just sorta lets me explore the world without any frustration

to their credit the end game does seem pretty massive, like WAY bigger than Anthem and maybe even comparable to Destiny. Hard to say, a LOT of it is recycled content and there isn't anything on the level of raids or nightfalls, and as far as I can tell everything is soloable which is kinda nice but also a bit odd. There's just so much different shit to look over and none of it feels polished in any way. Its a real shame they didnt have another 6-9 months, it could have been a way better game.

Vorph

Hard to say, a LOT of it is recycled content and there isn't anything on the level of raids or nightfalls, and as far as I can tell everything is soloable which is kinda nice but also a bit odd.
From what I gathered from the complaining on reddit, the next batch of new content is going to be multiplayer-only raids. It's almost comical how determined they are to piss off a large chunk of their playerbase with everything they do.

As far as the recycling goes, I think it was a mistake to go with AIM as the only villain. Never really cared much for AIM or MODOK in the comics, and at least in Marvel Heroes they were just one of the enemy factions you had to fight.

Edit: Out of, uhhh, curiosity... can Vantage or some other program be used to edit saves on Xbone too? Kind of wishing I'd gotten it for PS4 instead since I could use Remote Play with it when not at home, but I just always add Xbone versions of multiplat games to my queue because of the performance difference between X1X and Pro.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
unfortunately you can't cheat on xbox one, the console doesn't let you import/export saves to USB. PS4 does and thats the "trick" save wizard gets around cheating, you can't inject code on PS4 so its not like PC where you can run trainers and edit in game memory (god mode, infinite bullets, etc) but the PS4 does let you export a save to USB, edit it on your PC, resign it so it looks like a "legit" save, and then copy it back to PS4 system memory. Xbox doesn't.

for a while I used to run multiplats on x too since in theory it should run better but honestly i don't think there is any real difference. In the future i'll probably stick more to PS5 and only use the xbox for gamepass stuff. Avengers does run like absolute crap on PS4 Pro when a ton of enemies spawn in and stuff, but in normal game play its fine. The game feels janky a lot of times though.

Vorph

Avengers does run like absolute crap on PS4 Pro when a ton of enemies spawn in and stuff, but in normal game play its fine. The game feels janky a lot of times though.
Sadly, it's really not that great on X1X either. 4K mode has some obvious drops to below 30 and "performance" mode is almost never 60 and the fps is so variable that the only way I'd use that setting over 4K is if I had my X hooked up to a 1440p Freesync display. Even that's iffy, since the game drops fps to the point where it's below the low end of Freesync's range (typically 40Hz, sometimes even 45-48Hz on cheap VA/TN displays).

If I'd bothered to watch DF videos before choosing I think I'd have just gotten it on PS4. It might look a little worse, but at least I'd have Remote Play (and knowing what I know now, Save Wizard).

Xerge

<Donor>
So I caved and finally got this after hearing about the latest patch. I'm really impressed with how each hero plays/feels so far and i've just recruited Tony. It also played really well streaming via GeforceNow on my potato laptop which is fucking awesome.

Just makes me want a modern city of heroes though.