• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Beta Update 1.4.0 – PS4 and Xbox One

• Added an option in Settings to adjust Camera Shake Sensitivity
  • Decreased amount of motion blur during sprint and flight

Well they are at least listening
Fuckin A, thank god they added this. Now if they add some zoom out it would be great.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Fuckin A, thank god they added this. Now if they add some zoom out it would be great.
The game apparently has options to change the level of camera zoom. The patch notes also mentioned that they set the most zoomed out option to now be the game's default.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the game has... like... season type unlockables... where each character has a daily and weekly list of "challenges." from the few characters i looked at it with, it was stuff like "kill x type of soldiers" and "kill x enemies with signature abilities" and doing so gives incremental points towards unlocks. you can, of course, spend real money to buy certain unlocks, but you don't need it. the challenges seemed sort of droll, but that might be just for the beta. i'm also sort of okay with them seemingly being things that you'll just get through normal play.

i don't know how often (if at all) the rewards will change like a normal season, but each character had a good chunk of costumes and a few emotes, as well as upgrade mats...

i inherently am distrustful of full priced games having a real money shop, but i also recognize that if we expect a game to be maintained, having a cosmetic shop can do wonders for a game's longevity. they've said that any and all new characters will be free, and i BELIEVE they said any playable content will be free, but i don't know if i just misheard that... the only thing on the cash shop is cosmetic stuff.

i don't hate that... it means some whales can keep me playing this, just like GTA5. i think i bought it on sale for like $20 a few years back and the online stuff has given me a LOT of entertainment value

spronk

FPS noob
last day beta is today. If you finish the 3 harm challenge missions on the carrier (choose from war table) you get a nametag that carries over to release and some sorta pickaxe for fortnite (lol). I finished them up.

game is ok, I don't really love it but it does scratch that mindless "just fight some shit for 20 minutes" itch. i'm sure it'll launch as a complete mess, but hopefully verizon is giving me a free copy

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
What would you want out of a 'fun' version then? Because running/flying around as superheroes using powers and beating up bad guys is what I was looking for out of this.

Perhaps it's just the nature of such a PVE focused 'dungeon crawl'? I know I see things like Fortnite or Apex Legends and can't fathom how anyone finds those entertaining..

j00t

What would you want out of a 'fun' version then? Because running/flying around as superheroes using powers and beating up bad guys is what I was looking for out of this.

Perhaps it's just the nature of such a PVE focused 'dungeon crawl'? I know I see things like Fortnite or Apex Legends and can't fathom how anyone finds those entertaining..

totally agree. obviously not every game is for everyone and that's fine. there are some things i don't know if i'm a fan of about this game, but i've enjoyed what i've played.

there are also games where watching them is pretty boring but playing them isn't. i don't particularly like watching let's plays, even for games that i love.

spronk

FPS noob
i went in expecting an immersive, single player story campaign game like... well... most good games ala the Batman rocksteady games, Witcher 3, Ghosts of Sushi, etc. This game is NOT that at all. It took a few hours of playing for that to really sink in and accept it.

This is more a weird "there is some story, but its really barebones" looter-beater with repeatable missions where you play a small set of superheroes and grind out loot ala Diablo. Its dripping with microtransactions and shitty looking skins and cosmetics. If you are the kind of person that is addicted to collecting, you should probably stay away since this game will drive you nuts with how much crap is thrown into it. If you are fine playing a few hours a month as Iron Man or Hulk or whatever and don't give a shit about how your hero looks or their loot or 100%'ing anything, then it'll probably be ok. Endless other games do EVERYTHING better, but this does what it does "ok".

On PS4 while there were still some options to disable the shakey shit and weird camera stuff it still wasn't great, in easy mode combat feels fine but not great, I imagine in the really difficult modes combat is gonna be extremely frustrating. Maybe it'll be possible to "git gud" like FF7-R or the Batman games, or maybe it'll just be a suck fest.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
It’s pretty lame. Did not even bother to finish the last boring harm room.

Also has the lame Square Enix endless corridor syndrome.

This game is a dud

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
i went in expecting an immersive, single player story campaign game like... well... most good games ala the Batman rocksteady games, Witcher 3, Ghosts of Sushi, etc. This game is NOT that at all. It took a few hours of playing for that to really sink in and accept it.

This is more a weird "there is some story, but its really barebones" looter-beater with repeatable missions where you play a small set of superheroes and grind out loot ala Diablo. Its dripping with microtransactions and shitty looking skins and cosmetics. If you are the kind of person that is addicted to collecting, you should probably stay away since this game will drive you nuts with how much crap is thrown into it. If you are fine playing a few hours a month as Iron Man or Hulk or whatever and don't give a shit about how your hero looks or their loot or 100%'ing anything, then it'll probably be ok. Endless other games do EVERYTHING better, but this does what it does "ok".

On PS4 while there were still some options to disable the shakey shit and weird camera stuff it still wasn't great, in easy mode combat feels fine but not great, I imagine in the really difficult modes combat is gonna be extremely frustrating. Maybe it'll be possible to "git gud" like FF7-R or the Batman games, or maybe it'll just be a suck fest.

Could you give a gameplay analogy? What game this plays like? Does it play like let's say MHW with a D3 grind?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It's strange how confined or claustrophobic the game feels, even during the A-Day opener.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game was fine enough to put on my wishlist for when it hits 10 bucks or so.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I found a secret area that unlocked some concept art.

1598282607768.png

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Dunno, I watched people play that Spider-man game and it looked fun as shit.

This looks like you run around as Hulk or Black Widow (why?) and...feel like you're a level 5 player in an MMO, getting the shit kicked out of you by everything in a soulless world.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Argarth

On the verandah
I'll be waiting to see some serious footage of Cap in action. If that looks like shit, I'll probably pass. Several others I'm interested in, but Cap being awesome is a requirement. =)

j00t

black widow actually plays pretty well. she's agile and zips around in combat way more than anyone else (of the playable characters). i mean, i totally get it if you just don't like black widow, i don't really like kamala khan, though she's kind of fun to play as well.

i also think if you are judging the barebones story from the demo, which is absolutely missing a bunch of connecting moments, then... well, i feel like you're just looking for reasons not to like it. the combat is fun, even more with friends, but if it's not something you're into, then it's just not something you're into.

Argarth

On the verandah
I thought Black Widow was actually the pick of the demo, re playstyle. Anyways, cautiously waiting to see what they do/announce AFTER launch before jumping in.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I hope it's good so that my son and I can play this and I'll have a good time. My son? He won't care in the slightest and he'll have hundreds of hours into this game. He's 7, and superheroes are awesome to him.