Marvel's Avengers

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yes Sir... Crystal! In that Dev Blog, seems like I forgot to read 3 different sentences, all from different paragraphs, all at the same time. What a dumbass!

The key sentence, which I think I get now: "When we introduce new Hero Challenge Cards for post-launch heroes, the cost to activate the premium rewards will be 1,000 Credits."

I got confused with all this Battle Pass chatter, and somehow assumed the Pass was what unlocked the Challenge Card in the first place. Apparently not. Seems like the first 5 Tiers, which include all the resources used for gear upgrades etc, are already unlocked for every character. The last 6 Tiers with credits/cosmetics are the only things locked.

I'm totally fine with it, if that's the case, and sorry for wasting everybody's time. Getting back in my box now, really... closing the lid... thanks

Ha, no worries, it's not just you. I think people are just triggered (and rightfully so) about any kind of microtransaction in a full price game.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
There is only one true Avengers game;

"You can't escape!"

"You'll be the one escaping!"

16 year old me;
giphy.gif

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
l'm here for the 'loot driven number game', not a negative for me. If it stops being fun, I stop playing, and I don't buy any battle passes for new characters. Simple as that.

IP goes a long way, I just played Fortnite this week competitively for the first time because of the crazy Marvel event they have going on there.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyway, is there a pre load for the head start tomorrow?

Edit: Looks like you can download it now. Was watching a stream of Capt. America, and he seems really good compared to the rest. Also noticed almost no screen shake, still has some motion blur.

Last edited:

Alterity

Molten Core Raider
So it looks like you do actually get 1300 credits back for completing the pass for each hero even the ones we get for free. If you complete all the starting heroes you will accumulate 7800 credits for free without spending any money. I have a feeling these passes might take forever to complete though.

Here's the full track for one of the heroes:
E3Hqnub.png

Last edited:

Argarth

On the verandah
Anyway, is there a pre load for the head start tomorrow?
Edit: Looks like you can download it now. Was watching a stream of Capt. America, and he seems really good compared to the rest. Also noticed almost no screen shake, still has some motion blur.

Watching a Cap stream myself, and that looks really good/fun. Seeing some signature "Cap moves" already, even at lvl 10, and the animations look very slick indeed.

Guess that means I'm in. Definitely up for a long haul loot driven game like meStevo meStevo said. Fingers crossed that it might actually fill the gap left by my much loved Marvel Heroes.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
There is a 20% off this on Greenmangaming if you are an XP member.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Also noticed almost no screen shake, still has some motion blur.

they added a slider for screen shake and motion blur in the beta. you can completely turn them both off if you want.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lame. The pre load on Ps4 was just the intro tutorial, and NOW its doing the full 57gb download. =/

Argarth

On the verandah
Downloading now. Just discovered the High Res texture pack in the DLC list. That's not very well advertised but apparently adds ~ 20GB to the DL. I'm pumped!

Argarth

On the verandah
This out? Or are streamers just in early access...

If you get the Deluxe Edition you can play now. edit: XBox and PS4

edit: x2 : But not on PC Steam it seems. 9am PDT for PC, so 8 hours to go. Looks like I'm going to be up into the wee hours tonight, fortunately I have 3 days off. =)

Last edited:

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
A lot of streamers got early access, otherwise many console gamers suddenly moved to New Zealand earlier. Agarth covered the rest.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been playing for about an hour or so now, and while I haven't gotten into any large fights or large instance areas, the performance on 4k mode is miles better than it was during beta. Gameplay feels quite smooth. I imagine it will get worse once I get into large brawls with lots of enemies and a full team. Funny thing, back when the beta first came out, I hadn't decided whether I was going to pre order or not, but while watching a stream it was the background music that did it....every now and then there are these sounds that give me a HUGE flashback to City of Heroes. Fucking nostalgia has a way of getting into my wallet, lol.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There is a Day 1 patch of around 8.5gb.

So performance got a modest increase over beta from what I can tell, nothing amazing, but better than what it was. The new skill trees for the characters are enhancements to the existing base skill tree that we saw in beta. Looks like each type of ability (melee / range / support / ultimate / intrinsic) get a set of 3 enhancement lines, of which you can only have 1 active (but you can switch between them for free at any time after you unlock those lines). Not sure if it changes the playstyle of a character, but it does make them stronger, so if you didn't playing Black Widow, the new skill enhancements might not change that.

Hulk still feels weak, and I'm sad to say, his skills just suck. The middle tree (heavy attack) has TWO identical skills, it hilarious. One says "hold triangle to jump into the air and preform the attack) and the other says "while in the air, hold triangle to perform the attack"... lol. Both has identical stats and the same animation.