Marvel's Daredevil

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah just from that opening you can already tell this is gonna be a darker than the rest of the MCU.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I have to go to bed so I can get up for work in the morning, but I really, really want to stay up and just watch all the way through. Great first episode, great main character, and great tone/ambiance. I'm really looking forward to the rest of this. Like Column, I probably won't return to the thread until I'm done watching it, and that can't come soon enough.

I liked how they tied it in with the Avengers slightly, just enough to let us know it is in the same universe without dropping any names. I was a little disappointed that they didn't show us his "sonar" in the first episode though. They have to show us that, don't they? Or are they just going to leave it alone and let us just assume it is like all the other unexplainable super powers?

Anyway, thumbs high after the first episode, looks like Marvel has hit another one out of the park if the rest of the series is like this.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Definitely darker than most MCU offerings but I find it kind of strange that cursing seems to be forbidden in a show that has no problem depicting realistic violence.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Wow this is a lot better than Agents of Shield. It is incredibly dark and very atmospheric while still staying grounded in the MCU. Could be great things for this shared universe.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i'll be binging on this tonite and the weekend- in between building my son's science fair project, i got the waterwheel -wheel- done, just have to build the rest of the base, connect the base to the generator, then assemble the fake river (using a 3" pvc pipe sawn in half & an aquarium filter to simulate the riverflow. we are showing how much difference the gear ratio make in power generation-using an old printer motor for the generator and a computer case fan to show the power generated. then just using basic math for gear ratios- or in this case diameter of the motor "gear" vs the wooden disk and then saying, for a 3" disk you get x revolutions of the motor per revolution of the wheel, for a 4"disk you get this many, for a 2" disk you get this many.,..and then convert it up to something that would power an entire house using batteries to store the power)

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
For as well as this series is done here's hoping they will bring a good Punisher series to life and most importantly a really dark Moon Knight series.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
When they referred to the "incident" I puzzled for half a second before going "Oh right... New York got fucked up in the Avengers" which is actually somewhat easy to forget given that they don't talk about that aspect much in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Nice that they are using the massive reconstruction boom as the seed for a huge chunk of organized crime and corruption.

moontayle

Golden Squire
When they referred to the "incident" I puzzled for half a second before going "Oh right... New York got fucked up in the Avengers" which is actually somewhat easy to forget given that they don't talk about that aspect much in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Nice that they are using the massive reconstruction boom as the seed for a huge chunk of organized crime and corruption.
There's a lot more time devoted to what took place after Winter Soldier but what took place in Avengers is a background thread that still sets a lot of things up. Most importantly is Coulson's death, them bringing him back to life, and how much that fucked him up. They'restillreferencing it, though it's easy to forget how it took place to begin with.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I just finished the first episode, thought it was really good. For a minute though I thought we'd see Jessicas tits but denied again.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Glad I have a 4 day weekend once I'm done with work this evening. Will be avoiding the thread until I finish, everything I've seen about the show so far looks really good.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
i'll be binging on this tonite and the weekend- in between building my son's science fair project, i got the waterwheel -wheel- done, just have to build the rest of the base, connect the base to the generator, then assemble the fake river (using a 3" pvc pipe sawn in half & an aquarium filter to simulate the riverflow. we are showing how much difference the gear ratio make in power generation-using an old printer motor for the generator and a computer case fan to show the power generated. then just using basic math for gear ratios- or in this case diameter of the motor "gear" vs the wooden disk and then saying, for a 3" disk you get x revolutions of the motor per revolution of the wheel, for a 4"disk you get this many, for a 2" disk you get this many.,..and then convert it up to something that would power an entire house using batteries to store the power)
A+ would read science fair project posts again many times.

This show is great!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
To go along with the references about Avengers, in the 3rd episode or so there is a newspaper framed in a reporter's office that is the headline "Battle For NY," but can't make out much more. Little things like that being sprinkled around are cool. Only up through there so far but am keeping an eye out.