Marvel's Daredevil

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I say yes. Any movies/shows you've enjoyed with having special powers involved? Show is pretty grounded and dark

Vorph

I really, really wanted to like it, but I guess I'm in the same camp as Column on this one, much as it pains me to say that. Also, they lost me with too much preaching about the morality of what Murdock was doing, and the fight choreography is stylish but I think goes way too far into the absurd even for a comic book series about a blind vigilante.

To be fair though, I don't think it was a bad show, and if anything the reason I didn't enjoy as much as I hoped I would is because it stayed too close to the comics' DD. Punisher MAX is more my style. I'd kill for a Netflix show based onthat.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Watched the first three episodes. Action scenes were pretty good. He gets his ass kicked a lot.

Dialogue is terrible. Cringeworthy really. And his lawyer best friend is a really bad actor.

Homsar

I do agree with the partner sucking, worst part of the show for me.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
If your kid is under 15 or likes to copy shit from tv and smash peoples heads in, or randomly beat the shit out of people then ya not family friendly. Lot of fighting, no full on nudity, and death.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
A few swears too, finished the series, thought it was excellent, a few scenes never ever would be on network TV....
I would definitely watch another season.
the hammer, the impale, the car decapitation... To name a few.. Just... Ewww gross but wow

Karloff_sl

shitlord
I'm not going to lie, after 5 episodes it's mediocre in a lot of respects, it's pacing is odd and the writing is uneven. I thought Charlie Cox was great in Stardust but I just don't see him as Daredevil but I'm willing to let it go since I love DD, it's pretty much one of the few Marvel characters I enjoy and have read since the 70's as a kid. Plus it has Rosario Dawson...

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Im 4 episodes in and taking my time to not blow through it but its pretty amazing thus far.

Boy does he know how to take a punch.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Mediocre seems a bit too harsh, but it definitely falls a bit short of expectations. Still a fairly engaging show, and Vince really knocked it out of the park.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I just finished all 13 episodes, and I loved it. D'Onofrio was clearly the best part, I feel he nailed the part while still giving it a little nuance all his own that I never would have been able to "see" in the comics.

If the production cost figures of $55 million'ish are true, I honestly have no idea where it went, because most of that budget usually gets blown on special effects and CG, which there was very little of. I thought it was beautifully shot though, and I thought the writing was great, the actors were great, and the action/choreography was great. I guess I don't see the disappointment, unless you wanted them to duplicate very specific things from the comics. I thought it was fantastic in almost every way, and it made me wish the rest of the Netflix shows were out so I could blast through them too. To each their own of course, obviously not everyone felt the same way I did, but now you have another data point if you're trying to decide whether or not to watch it.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Hmm I seem to be alone in not really liking Fisk. I don't dislike the casting, as you can't really cast that character well at all. But coming from a background of only having seen Kingpin in stuff like the Spiderman cartoon from ~15 years ago, I have to say, I was disappointed. All throughout, it just seemed like Fisk did not have his shit together in the slightest. Complete and utter chaos, always having to put out fires, etc. And while I appreciate their desire to give him some (or portray the comic's) humanity, for me, it just detracted. I came in expecting the stoic badass crime boss, and I came away thinking ... bleh.

I guess the other portrayals I saw just did the character a disservice, or something, since I've never seen his comic appearances. But I really wanted something a lot more badass out of my Fisk, not this overly human flawed guy who was all-too-clearly way too emotionally involved in all the things.

Don't get me wrong, I love Vince as an actor, and think he did an amazing job acting out what they apparently wanted from him. It just wasn't at all what I was expecting, which left me a tad bummed. Overall fantastic season though, and very much looking forward to more.

I definitely enjoyed that they weren't afraid to kill off big characters. I was utterly surprised when Wesley was killed, and quite upset (in a good way), as I've always had a love for that type of character, for some reason. Loyalty to the last, despite working for a crazy man who at any point may go a little too crazy and just kill you dead because he's momentarily pissed off.

Who is the scarred guy Stick was talking to? Someone from the Hand or something? I don't know much about Daredevil short of having played him as my first Marvel Heroes character, and seeing the shit-tastic Affleck movie

Column_sl

shitlord
To your question on episode 7 Seananigans

In Daredevil there is an organization called the Chaste that Stick leads, one of his best warriors is called Stone. The guy we see in that episode is Stone and he's played by Jasson Finney. For now, all you need to know about Stone is that he's really tough to hurt, he's another Stick pupil, and he loves fighting ninjas. These are all creations by Frank Miller they are sourcing from his run on the book.

To put it more into perspective, the Hand ( the red Ninjas we see from Nobus clan) battle heavily with the Chaste. Something that Daredevil frequently is involved with.

If you want to read more about Stick, the wiki link

http://marvel.wikia.com/Stick_%28Earth-616%29
rrr_img_94551.jpg

Silence_sl

shitlord
Just about average in every way. It's worthy of a watch, though.

The $55mill figure is astounding for some rather artless cinematography and bland writing.

Hannibal is a steal at 500k per episode.

Malkav

French Madman
Felt a bit slow at times.

Couldn't get myself to care at all about Karen or Ben. Karen especialy made me roll my eyes more than a few times, dumb bitch.

And I'm with Seananigans concerning Fisk. Nice that they made him human and all, but it just really seemed he didn't have his shit together at all. He was barely in control of it all most of the time, and his whole romance subplot was cringe worthy.

Aside from that, very good action, wish there was more of it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think a few episodes showing him as the hard-ass completely in control crimeboss before they introduced Vanessa might have made him losing control seem a bit smoother.