Marvel's Daredevil

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Since we aren't going to get a #4, someone please spoil me on what was going on with the surgery at the end there. Adamantium spinal implant???

Caliane

Since we aren't going to get a #4, someone please spoil me on what was going on with the surgery at the end there. Adamantium spinal implant???
probalby.

"While in prison, he learns that the Kingpin has employed Elektra, Daredevil's former lover, as a new chief assassin. After escaping prison, Bullseye attacks Elektra and impales her on her own sai. This fails to convince the Kingpin, says he'll only be rehired if he kills Daredevil.[18] Bullseye attempts to ambush Daredevil, but their battle ends with his arch-foe dropping him from atop a telephone wire. The multi-story fall breaks Bullseye's back, paralyzing him.[18]

During Bullseye's extended hospital stay following the fall, Daredevil breaks into his hospital room and forces him to participate in a two-man variation on Russian roulette. The revolver used in the game is secretly unloaded, but Daredevil has Bullseye take the even-numbered turns so that he would feel sure that the last shot is going to kill him.[19] Bullseye has repeatedly cited this incident as his greatest grudge against Daredevil.[20][21]

Japanese scientist Lord Dark Wind liberates Bullseye and has him brought to Japan, lacing his bones with adamantium and thus restoring his mobility. Lord Dark Wind did this so that Bullseye would work as an assassin in return, but in spite of this favor being done for him, Bullseye refuses to work for free.[22] He instead makes another play to regain the position of the Kingpin's chief assassin once again if he kills Daredevil, knowing he would fail.[20] Bullseye is imprisoned for several years."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Netflix needs to look at old Image Comics for their super hero shit. (Image still creator owned?) DC may start their own sorta streaming in the future...who knows.

Fucks sake...Didn't even know about DC Universe: The Ultimate DC Membership

There's NOTHING there to subscribe to. WTF wouldn't DC partner with Netflix?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So yeah, this makes it sound like the Netflix Marvel shows are done for and if they come back they will be rebooted.

Co-executive producer Sam Ernst posted on Twitter today: “Man, so weird to be in the Daredevil writers room today, getting the news that we’re cancelled. On the walls were an entire season 4 laid out – and it was so f——g cool. So many moments we wanted the fans to see… Sigh, this business.”

Many questions have arisen regarding what will happen here, and it’s not as simple as the shows simply starting up again at Disney+ when it launches. As Netflix has previously made quite clear, the existing seasons of the shows will remain on its service for “years to come”.

However, Disney and Marvel own the IP and “Daredevil” remains one of the most valuable properties on the slate. Rebooting the property with a new cast and story for the service would be a fairly simple matter. Reassembling the same cast and continuing those storylines? That seems more unlikely. In any case, Marvel Studios is developing a slate of limited series focused on members of the “Avengers” and those are taking priority first.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Shitty way for them to have learned the news.

Even if Disney didn't want to make their own Daredevil show, they benefit from yanking it away from Netflix as Netflix is going to be a direct competitor.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Shitty way for them to have learned the news.

Even if Disney didn't want to make their own Daredevil show, they benefit from yanking it away from Netflix as Netflix is going to be a direct competitor.

I mean if Disney also adds all that Fox stuff onto their streaming service they are gonna put a big dent into Netflix, Hulu, and Prime. It'll just be a matter of waiting for licensing deals to run out.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Was there anything from Image that was worth a damn other than Spawn, Invincible, and Walking Dead?

I never even heard of Invincible. Man am I out of touch with this stuff. Or old. Saga and Youngbloods stand out. Witchblade or something like that was good if I remember. They had a Hulk knock off that I bought back in the day also.

Disney pulling all their content seems like a win for DC if they go all in with Netflix and not some half ass attempts. Never looked at Flash or Arrow. Just two characters I never gave a damn about.

I wonder if Disney pulls/lures those writers that made the shows great also.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I never even heard of Invincible. Man am I out of touch with this stuff. Or old. Saga and Youngbloods stand out. Witchblade or something like that was good if I remember. They had a Hulk knock off that I bought back in the day also.

Disney pulling all their content seems like a win for DC if they go all in with Netflix and not some half ass attempts. Never looked at Flash or Arrow. Just two characters I never gave a damn about.

Most of the early Image stuff was the culmination of the artists taking over the industry and becoming artist/writers. They looked good, but that was about it. The Hulk knockoff was probably Savage Dragon

If you still like comics, then I highly recommend Invincible. It's a really great twist on the Superman trope.

Caliane

I wonder if Disney pulls/lures those writers that made the shows great also.
dude. DC ALREADY formed their own streaming service.
DC Universe: The Ultimate DC Membership

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Think I have savage dragon numbrr one in my bookcase.. I have spawn #1-30 if I remember correctly.

Too bad about DD I liked his char.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Fucking sucks because they had a great cast. Here’s to shitty PG Daredevil with random Hollywood future tween actor.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Canceled. Not surprised. Falls in line with the rest of Disney and the cancelation of all of their other Marvel series in prep for the Disney Streaming option. There's the CBS way, and the Disney way. I would not be surprised if most folks sign up for the Disney option. It'll at least function better than Hulu or Amazon while competing with Netflix. Hoping it'll bring Netflix quality back up to par after the scattershot bullshit they've been releasing.

All hail capatilism. To the victor be the spoils. And the consumer.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I think you mean all hail piracy.
Only if it's annoying to consume. Like Southpark and CBS. I predict Disney bringing in a solid platform. Could be wrong. I don't see them doing Netflix level of adult content on Disney Streaming, but that opens an alt Disney studio for that.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Only if it's annoying to consume. Like Southpark and CBS. I predict Disney bringing in a solid platform. Could be wrong. I don't see them doing Netflix level of adult content on Disney Streaming, but that opens an alt Disney studio for that.
Netflix's Canceled Marvel Shows Aren't Heading to Disney+

Sounds more like they don't like doing TV-MA shows period and we'll be lucky to see PG-13 bullshit versions. Even less of a reason to even sub to D+ content and even more for people to grab a torrent for stray shows.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Netflix's Canceled Marvel Shows Aren't Heading to Disney+

Sounds more like they don't like doing TV-MA shows period and we'll be lucky to see PG-13 bullshit versions. Even less of a reason to even sub to D+ content and even more for people to grab a torrent for stray shows.
Yes and no. Disney itself won't do adult oriented material, but it has been shown time and again that they will open another studio under the conglomerate to produce and release adult content. Conveniently segregated.

Tits and gore won't show up on Disney Streaming, but it will on another platform. Wouldn't be surprised if they try to buy Netflix. And when that fails, another company will pop out of no where with no clear correlation to the masses who aren't aware of public trading information clearly defining said adult level streaming service being tied back to Disney. Mark. My. Words.