Marvel's Daredevil

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah that's probably right. They keep saying "Daredevil/Iron FIst/Luke cage might be back in some capacity" after they announce the cancelation.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Well I think they still have one more season of Defenders in the works is why they said that.

They still have year to air their new Punisher and Jessica Jones season and I think that’ll be the end of new Marvel shows on Netflix.

Hopefully the rumor of “family friendly” only content on the Disney streaming service isn’t true. I’d like to see Punisher and Daredvil back...though it would probably be with a different cast, so maybe not. I dunno.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I really don't see what Disney can offer me in a streaming service. I'm not paying $10-$15 to watch the Disney vault and will just go back to pirating if their plan is to cancel everything they run in order to gate content.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Eh, Disney will have my money for the Loki, Falcon and other shows and other stuff they're making w/ MCU talent. This news isn't a surprise, but still disappointing.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So basically, I can stop subbing to Netflix now. I'll just pirate Jessica Jones and Punisher, because those are obviously cancelled as well after they air.

Sterling

El Presidente
So basically, I can stop subbing to Netflix now. I'll just pirate Jessica Jones and Punisher, because those are obviously cancelled as well after they air.
Netflix has a lot of good original shows and stand up specials so I'll stick with them but this definitely sucks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Netflix has a lot of good original shows and stand up specials so I'll stick with them but this definitely sucks.

Yeah, but I can resub for a month and watch Season 4 of Last Kingdom in 2 years or whatever. I mainly kept the sub year round because of the Marvel shows.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Perhaps Disney could make a new series on Disney+ that picks up from where this one left off?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So how exactly is Disney planning to keep year round subscriptions if all they have is the occasional Marvel show season? Sane people don't keep rewatching back catalog movies month after month.

• 1Like

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
So how exactly is Disney planning to keep year round subscriptions if all they have is the occasional Marvel show season? Sane people don't keep rewatching back catalog movies month after month.
Disney is learning that traditional TV viewing is dying. People want to binge watch a 10-12 episode season that tells a complete story with character development, a climax, and a satisfying ending with perhaps a tease or setup of what's next(like an After Credits scene). A 12 hour story has a lot more time to do this as opposed to a 2-3 hour movie or a 20 hour weekly aired season designed to fit in a 60 minute block with 13 minutes of commercials.
Hence the main reason for buying Fox. That's a lot of pre-aired content and a lot of IPs that can be turned into shows. If the Loki, Scarlet Witch, Falcon and Barnes, and The Mandalorian shows find success, you'll see more shows in the same format.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
If they keep all the MCU movies on there year round I might sub.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
If they keep all the MCU movies on there year round I might sub.

I will probably sub depending on what back stuff they have in the video department. I would definitely sub if they also folded in the Marvel comic sub service.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well so far we know of:

MCU - Loki limited series
MCU - Winter Soldier / Falcon limited series
MCU - Scarlet Witch limited series
Star Wars - Casian Andor limited series
Star Wars - The Mandalorian ongoing series

Seems like they are taking a page from CBS All Access and aiming at having a continuous run of new content showing up on the platform. They may even do it in a weekly format similar to DCUniverse.com so that there is at least one new episode of geek-related content every week.

I mean I know I'll be subbing just because there is no way in hell I wont support a Star Wars series. I might try to resist...but I know I cant.

• 1Like