Marvel's Daredevil

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So to watch all the shows and movies I want I'll need...

Netflix
Amazon Prime
Disney
DC Universe
Regular for some of the Network and Cable shows.
Most likely a few more down the line.

It's cool that we're getting all these shows, but it sucks that they are spread around on so many services.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So to watch all the shows and movies I want I'll need...

Netflix
Amazon Prime
Disney
DC Universe
Regular for some of the Network and Cable shows.
Most likely a few more down the line.

It's cool that we're getting all these shows, but it sucks that they are spread around on so many services.
The beauty of streaming services is you can sign up and cancel online for whatever period is required to consume the content you're interested in. At a fraction of the cost. Meanwhile cable charges $100-200 depending on what service level you're at, and you're locked in likely for two years and you have to actually call them to cancel, and drop off their equipment. The only reason we still have cable in our house is for my wife to watch The Walking Dead live. She foots the $200 bill, so zero fucks on my behalf, but if it was up to me I would barely pay for Netflix. And even with Netflix I'm reaching the depths of my interest when I start seeing nothing but Bollywood and foreign shit, and Netflix originals have been hitting at about 20-25%. Used to be able to rely on a new Netflix show being worth watching but they've diversified so much lately that almost none of it is interesting.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Just finished the 3rd season, pretty good honestly, binged over 2 1/2 days. It's a bummer it was canned but a 4th season would likely suck ass compared to this, D'Onofrio is so good as Fisk but at this point you can't keep going back to that well.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am more than happy to just download the Game of Thrones episodes the next day.

HBO still gets my money when I purchase the seasons on DvD and so I do not feel bad. There is nothing else I really want to watch on HBO. This might end up being the case with Disney. Yes they will have exclusive material but will the material be worth the money? CBS did this with Star Trek Discovery but the show was ...ok. I had no plans to purchase their service and just crammed the show into the free month. The show itself being pretty forgettable means I have no intention of watching it again and so the decision to cancel was very easy. Hulu has plenty that I enjoy watching but I will admit that Netflix no longer making any of the Marvel series stuff Is a bummer. I also enjoy Amazon Prime for what they have.

Disney will have to offer a lot of material for me to consider adding their library to my monthly bills. Animation and Marvel will not be enough. Star Wars is a hell no, if its of the quality recently seen in theaters. A Star Wars series would have to have glowing reviews from this board before I would even look that direction.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I have Amazon Prime for the free shipping. The video and music and other free stuff is just gravy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I have Amazon Prime for the free shipping. The video and music and other free stuff is just gravy.

Having had 164 orders shipped through Amazon for 2018, I'd have to agree. Surprised they feel the need to include other things into the service.

spronk

FPS noob
Daredevil, Punisher, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Defenders are leaving Netflix in 1 week (March 1st), they haven't announced where its moving to but since it must be owned by Disney and some are too violent for US Disney+ (all shows must be PG-13 to air on US D+) it is almost certainly going to land on Hulu. International D+ does have a 13+ category so it might end up on there in non US markets.

I binge watched a bunch of stuff in the past month, if you never watched it after it does the move, I would highly recommend

Punisher s1 & s2
Daredevil s1, s2, s3

thats really it. Really only Punisher s1 and DD S1 are top tier, the rest of the seasons are just ok but Wilson Fisk is featured heavily in s3 and he is just a fantastic villain. I can see why so many people got mega-hyped about him recently in another show.

I skipped Luke Cage and Iron Fist, watched bits and pieces of Jessica Jones but not for me. If you're a chick its probably a good show, has that whole "life as a superpowered girl" thing going for it. Defenders (all 4 chars coming together) is pretty crap.

Punisher though was the best shit ever, no super powers or really anything that important as far as the Marvel cinematic universe is concerned but some goddamn great story telling and ultra violent scenes, really was missing from Marvel shows/movies. Jon Bernthal was awesome, he's starring up an upcoming show about Baltimore cops.

More crazy is a few rumors are swirling around that Marvel will reboot the Punisher series, WITH Jon Bernthal, as a Hulu R-rated ultra violent Marvel show. Cool if it ends up true.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
I like that DD and kingpin is now canon mcu with their chars being in no way home snd hawkeye respectively.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jessica Jones season 1 is worth watching. The villain was well done.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i thought Tennant hammed it up to unseen levels as Kilgrave. but its Dave Tennant, he's good in everything i have seen him in. if you guys havent already, check out Broadchurch. some of the cast of Doctorr Who are in it too.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
i wasn't super impressed by killgrave, he just felt like a goofy incel fantasy. I never saw Doctor Who though, so the only thing I remembered the actor from was his goofy Harry Potter character.

but on good news
Daredevil star Charlie Cox has confirmed he will be reprising his role of Matt Murdock in a future MCU project.

"I know something," he hinted. "I don't know much, but I know there will be something else."

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
i wasn't super impressed by killgrave, he just felt like a goofy incel fantasy. I never saw Doctor Who though, so the only thing I remembered the actor from was his goofy Harry Potter character.

This is such a try hard troll. David Tennant has been in a lot of good stuff and is a very good actor.

• 1Like