spronk

FPS noob

E3yRE4dXwAAhfc-

Available Oct 26th, 2021 on PS4, PS5, Xbox, PC

• choices-based dialogues
  • play as the starlord but you can command other characters abilities as well
  • original story in the GotG world
  • was always planned as single player, not reacting to the avengers

Looks fun, i didn't watch the Square E3 conference what do people think. The only exposure to GOTG I have is the movie. I played the Avengers game (platinum!) and it was pretty much a turd so I'm not too sure about this game. I think its by the studio that did the Tomb Raider reboot games, which got worse and worse.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I'm cautiously optimistic now that it's been confirmed as a dedicated single-player title; I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it. They do need to get their shit optimized before they launch, however.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
This looks pretty cool. I'm happy that it's a single player RPG since that's the only part of Marvel's Avenger that I liked.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

That dialogue and voice acting is fucking horrible. Conversation wheel seems like a fantastic implementation though.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
huh i had no idea the guardians of the galaxy reside in the Andromeda Galaxy, so that must mean Thanos isn't from the Milky Way either. weird

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
huh i had no idea the guardians of the galaxy reside in the Andromeda Galaxy, so that must mean Thanos isn't from the Milky Way either. weird

Comics Thanos was from one of Saturn's moons.

Movie Thanos they never really mentioned where it was

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

That dialogue and voice acting is fucking horrible. Conversation wheel seems like a fantastic implementation though.
Not totally terrible, but one would think with Squeenix's deep pockets, their relationship with Disney, and the corona lockdowns they could have gotten the actual cast to do the voicework for this.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I appreciate that getting the rights to use an actor's likeness is prohibitively expensive, but that appreciation doesn't do much to overcome the uncanny valley feeling.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It doesn’t bother me as much in this compared to Marvel’s Avengers. In Marvel’s Avengers they went with character model that look very close to their MCU counterparts which was really annoying with the voice over not matching expectations. This time around they didn’t base the models on the MCU version. Starlord for example looks nothing like Chris Pratt so him having a different voice isn’t as jarring.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The combat in this looks janky as feck. After The Avengers abomination, have zero faith in SE to produce anything of value with their Marvel license.

• 2Like

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Humour felt forced and over the top and man would it have killed them to pay for the likeness and get some VO sound-alikes?

• 2Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
An hour of intro gameplay. Don't usually watch these but maybe someone else will be interested. At least GotG are different enough from the McU versions but still jarring that they aren't the movie versions. I clicked through different spots on the video just to see what the gameplay was like and still not 100% sure I get it.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

I had a hard time distinguishing between the voices of Drax, Quill and Rocket. They did a really bad job of casting those three dudes.

edit-- Also, I feel like I recognize the Quill voice but I'm too lazy to look it up.

spronk

FPS noob
playing 2017 Telltale GOTG and its fun, its the version of Thanos where he wants to fuck Lady Death or something. its weird getting ahold of Telltale games, GOTG is delisted everywhere digitally, I had to buy the disc from best buy for $20

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
playing 2017 Telltale GOTG and its fun, its the version of Thanos where he wants to fuck Lady Death or something. its weird getting ahold of Telltale games, GOTG is delisted everywhere digitally, I had to buy the disc from best buy for $20

Didn't realize that, crazy. It has been in my Steam library since it came out. Think I only played the 1st chapter and never went back to finish it.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
An hour of intro gameplay. Don't usually watch these but maybe someone else will be interested. At least GotG are different enough from the McU versions but still jarring that they aren't the movie versions. I clicked through different spots on the video just to see what the gameplay was like and still not 100% sure I get it.

Looks like the story and cutscenes will be servicable/decent, but that combat.... It makes the Batman games look like they're deep. Am I missing something? It really just looks like you spam the trigger button after focusing a target, and that's it. Agree the lack of variance in combat is what's holding me back from picking this up.