Marvel's Iron Fist

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Luke Cage and Jessica Jones both fell really flat for me, so hopefully this is a bit more engaging.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I hope I like this as much as Luke Cage.
I'm one of those weirdos that didn't like Luke Cage nearly as much as the other Netflix series. The guy that plays him is awesome. Perfect role for him. But the show itself was lacking. It's probably because I didn't like his "supervillian" bad guys at all. The crime lord and his cunty sister were fine, but Copperhead and the special bullets were dumb.

Jessica Jones was my favorite. Not so much for her, but because that villain was awesome. Daredevil had the best action. And Electra is hot.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Luke Cage was probably the most likable protagonist, but I do agree the story kinda took a dump when the Copperhead stuff took the front seat.
Jessica Jones had the best villain for sure. Out of all the shows, he felt the most like the one who could actually cause major trouble. I did like the relationship between her and Luke as well.
Daredevil also gave us one of the best renditions of the Punisher in non-comic form, so can't forget that as well ;p

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Luke Cage was the shit (for extra vibes, weave in The Get Down) - until Copperhead bs.
I'm a massive fan of the Captain America / Knight / Paladin archetype.

Something rubs me the wrong way about Iron Fist trailer. and I hope the charging up noise isn't real/.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Kind of glad they released this clip. It's helping me to temper my expectations and hype. Uhg.

• 1Like

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Kind of glad they released this clip. It's helping me to temper my expectations and hype. Uhg.

I got that from the first full trailer. I'm not feelin' this series so far.

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
Im pumped for this show, looks good
The problem I had with Luke Cage was the superman problem....hes invincible so you have to go to such stupid levels to even challenge him....Im so fucking sick of kryptonite it isnt funny. I mean its been the biggest factor in almost every major Superman movie. If your hero only has one weakness then you have to use that one weakness over and over again till its just a silly trope

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I got that from the first full trailer. I'm not feelin' this series so far.
I've become such a MCU fanboi it's not even funny. I'm all in on the movies, the ABC shows, and the Netflix shows. Mostly I'm excited to see Madam Gao and if they do any Hand stuff, and if they tie in Jeri Hogarth at some point. Jerry Hogarth was the Rand lawyer in the comics I believe. The fights in Daredevil were awesome and I'm hoping for more of the same in Iron Fist, but that cliche cage match was meh.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
The choreography in that didn't look great. They used too many strength based moves from a tiny girl.. This isn't jessica jones..

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm looking forward to this, it looks pretty good but that cage fight was pretty awful.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Music in Luke Cage was way too much awesome. Liked everything except Copperhead.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The choreography in that didn't look great. They used too many strength based moves from a tiny girl.. This isn't jessica jones..

Depending on the version of her they use, she could have enhanced strength. Still looked pretty bad and there were a few times in the fight where she would have gotten absolutely wrecked if her opponents weren't the dumbest fighters on the planet.

Noah

Molten Core Raider
I thought the fighting in that video looked like shit.
It makes me hope it is not centered around fighting and martial arts if that is what their fights are going to look like.

Maybe iron fist: the comedy?