Marvel's Jessica Jones

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I guess you do see people in MMA and boxing that get knocked out by hits that are more about hitting someone just right vs pure force of the blow.

I'm honestly bothered by the whole "getting knocked out" trope in TV and movies with how unrealistic it is and how often it's used.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yes, the getting knocked out just to allow someone to get away or allow time to pass is dumb.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
and I thought the English dub was terrible.
yeah it sucks ass. i searched for a better version in at least chinese with subtitles which is how it should be, but it turns out there is nothing in any version other than what i linked of that particular scene. still its an incredible scene. that entire movie with exception of the roadrunner chase was awesome and a true classic.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Are you shitting me? The roadrunner chase is hysterical. You should watch Shaolin Soccer, it isn't as good but it's still really funny.

My favorite moment in the movie is when Coolie catches the lighter before it lands on the two girls drenched in gas.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Are you shitting me? The roadrunner chase is hysterical. You should watch Shaolin Soccer, it isn't as good but it's still really funny.

My favorite moment in the movie is when Coolie catches the lighter before it lands on the two girls drenched in gas.
i dunno man, it was a bit much for me. IMO the funniest part of that movie , right before the roadrunner chase, steven chow and his homie failing hard to throw kinves at the curler lady from the alley.
yes i have seen shaolin soccer. that movie was so awesome. i saw that and actually paid money to see kung fu hustle in the theater. both of those films are classics. chow's next one about the little magic doll or whatever it was was a disappointment however. not super bad, but it wasnt up to the quality of the previous two films.

-edit sorry bout the typos

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I vastly enjoyed Jessica Jones over Daredevil, although they each were filled to the brim with tropes. JJ moved at an acceptable pace for me (even if the PLOT didn't move forward, you learned about characters usually), whereas there were 4-5 episodes worth of DD that just shouldn't have been bothered with. JJ felt better written overall, I liked the darker themes, and I thought most of the side characters were very well done.

I have no exposure to either character in the comics so that probably helps actually with enjoying them both. I'm hoping season 2 of DD is less plodding and painful with the secret identity nonsense out of the way.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I fucking loved the origin story in this.

Jessica: "Accident"
Cage: "Experiment"

(dick breaking sex continues)

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
And since I bumped the thread, did I fuck up any by not watching Daredevil first? Because I think DD is stupid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Djay

Trakanon Raider
And since I bumped the thread, did I fuck up any by not watching Daredevil first? Because I think DD is stupid.
Nah...there was one crossover character, I think, but there's nothing that would spoil or enhance the viewing of either.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
DD was much better action/fighting, with a weak story and weak bad guy. JJ is a great story with an amazing bad guy, but shitty writing, and it ends up dragging on.

They are both really good at what they are trying to do.

Oatlord_sl

shitlord
DD was much better action/fighting, with a weak story and weak bad guy. JJ is a great story with an amazing bad guy, but shitty writing, and it ends up dragging on.

They are both really good at what they are trying to do.
"Weak bad guy."

Well, ok I guess, but d'onofrio brought a better villain than Tenant. Imo.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Kingpin was a questionable portrayal for the majority of the show despite being portrayed by a heavy hitter like d'onifrio. Kilgrave the character was knocking it out of the park by the end of the first episode.

Even if you don't like "daredevil" you should give the series a try. He's closer to Miller's darker version that made the character worth a damn instead if the handi-man he often appears as.