Marvel's The Punisher

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Started watching and my first thought was 'No! That bitch is gonna bring in alternate reality Nazis!'

Xevy

Log Wizard
About 9 episodes in. I really hate the Doctor's character. Hopefully Frank ices her in front of Russo.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Dude that would be epic. The Punisher vs. alternate reality Nazis. You just wrote season 3

Why would he fight the nazis? He's a fucking white male, he would lead them to every SJW stronghold and murder the fuck out of antifa.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
This season is kind of a hot mess. I couldn't give a shit about Russo / the doctor and the NYPD officer, giant waste of time that is completely pointless. John Pilgrim is at least somewhat interesting but the main plot device he's meant to service is super mediocre.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't really understand what the fuck is supposed to be going on here. I do love me some Punisher bot yeah... hot mess.

Billy Russos's sob story isn't interesting. Everything about it is fucking stupid. John Pilgrim is kind of cool but Amy's entire piece in this story is just bizarre. Punisher stumbles into some shitty Michigan bar that Amy is going to every single night and this pulls him into some criminal plot involving Russians, Amish gangsters and who knows what else.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I don't really understand what the fuck is supposed to be going on here. I do love me some Punisher bot yeah... hot mess.

Billy Russos's sob story isn't interesting. Everything about it is fucking stupid. John Pilgrim is kind of cool but Amy's entire piece in this story is just bizarre. Punisher stumbles into some shitty Michigan bar that Amy is going to every single night and this pulls him into some criminal plot involving Russians, Amish gangsters and who knows what else.

To be fair this is a comic book based IP. This isn't even close to the level of soap opera shenanigans you'd find in the comics.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Halfway through 4 I kinda want to just turn it off, watch season 1 again and be done with it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finished it this afternoon, 4/10 at best. It's clear they had no idea what they wanted to do for a season 2 and the final scene with Pilgrim is a betrayal of what Frank is especially with one of the more popular Punisher comic moments being the exact opposite of what happened. I'm ok with this not getting a third season but if for some reason it does take it out of the hands of the current writers.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I stopped after the 3 card monte at the start of 5. Prefer to give us hints of how they're going to do something later rather than beat us over the head with it. Just so much unlikable about this season. Disappointing, maybe pick it back up in a week or two.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Overall. I liked it better than the first season. All the action scenes were great as was Bernthal as Punisher. The story kinda bumbles around, mainly because of the dual story lines going on. I can see what they were trying to do with the girl but she is like a forgotten character for over half the season. The Pilgrim character was fine and I would have had way more of him than Jigsaw's Doctor and Madani. Those two were insufferable cunts. It's almost a relief when Karen Page shows up for her episode, and I'm not a huge fan of her either.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Well, I wanted to watch it. Already dreading every scene with Russo and that stupid mask.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Watched the first few, skipped reading recent posts since I don't want to spoil.

The bar scenes in Ep 1 were fucking glorious, well for a Netflix show at least. I lost it when the black dude sticks his nose in, Frank just 1 punches him and moves on. So much diversity laying dead or unconscious on the floor at the end of that. Just refreshing, rather than the walk on eggshells shit we've been forced to endure.

Jigsaw is meh so far. Looks like he's healing up from a brawl at the bar last week, pretty normal though, most actors don't like covering their face unless they getting paid for it.

The girl is annoying as fuck, but shes a mockery of todays SJW (deliberate or not) so I'm slightly amused by that.

velk

Trakanon Raider
well yeah, i mean disney doesn't have the authority to cancel a netflix show.

Eh ? Disney owns the rights to all of those shows, netflix is renting them off them. Disney can just up prices until the shows are no longer profitable, or just make it clear that the rights renewing is not going to happen, no matter how much they pay.

Netflix cancelling profitable shows because they are pissed at Disney seems unlikely.

All of the Disney rights shows on Netflix suddenly failing in their x'th season, immediately after Disney announces their competing streaming service, seems about as likely as a bunch of businesses accidentally burning down immediately after the Mafia moves into town.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
netflix currently has the rights to produce and distribute marvel tv shows. as far as the specifics of that deal, i don't believe anyone outside of netflix and marvel know. that being said, netflix would have been stupid to sign a contract that allows marvel to cancel or alter that contract at will.

and like i said, marvel already did the same thing with fox. they canceled fantastic 4 comics for a bit while fox had the rights specifically to lessen public interest while the IP belonged to someone else. netflix has enough money that they can tactically sacrifice a couple of shows (that already turned a profit in previous seasons) in order to hurt future competition.

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I see this season is not well received, see this what happens when writers don't understand the comics and have no idea what the hell they are doing.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
To be fair this is a comic book based IP. This isn't even close to the level of soap opera shenanigans you'd find in the comics.
The shitty mainstream Marvel comics maybe, since nobody ever knew what the hell to do with a character like the Punisher (that actually kills people) there. There's only one actual Punisher comic worth talking about and that's Garth Ennis' run on Marvel MAX. No soap opera bullshit there, just over the top action and the best comic book covers of all time.

I stalled on this season about 5 or 6 eps in. I didn't think it was possible to make a more retarded version of Jigsaw than the last Punisher movie, but with Russo and his doctor Netflix somehow managed to pull it off. Weird preacher dude is not a compelling villain either and I especially didn't like how long it took for the idiot kid to finally tell Frank how it all started. Kid sidekicks suck ass at best, but it's even worse when they're written to be so stupid they actually undermine what the main character is trying to do to help them. Only way I could see it working is if they killed her and let Frank go get revenge. Pretty sure that's not how it's going to turn out though.

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The shitty mainstream Marvel comics maybe, since nobody ever knew what the hell to do with a character like the Punisher (that actually kills people) there. There's only one actual Punisher comic worth talking about and that's Garth Ennis' run on Marvel MAX. No soap opera bullshit there, just over the top action and the best comic book covers of all time.

I stalled on this season about 5 or 6 eps in. I didn't think it was possible to make a more retarded version of Jigsaw than the last Punisher movie, but with Russo and his doctor Netflix somehow managed to pull it off. Weird preacher dude is not a compelling villain either and I especially didn't like how long it took for the idiot kid to finally tell Frank how it all started. Kid sidekicks suck ass at best, but it's even worse when they're written to be so stupid they actually undermine what the main character is trying to do to help them. Only way I could see it working is if they killed her and let Frank go get revenge. Pretty sure that's not how it's going to turn out though.

The season needed to follow the Max ark with Barracuda. That would have been awesome.

Barracuda (comics) - Wikipedia