Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ME1 Mako gameplay was emergent and perfect. I was like a surgeon in that thing and anyone who couldn't control it is a sub-par potato-tier gamer.

lol dude no. I am a baller in that mother fucker skipping half the geth etc on insanity. Still aids when you hit a small rock.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Guys, if I wanted the proper analogy, would it be

ME1 -> ME2 -> ME3 -> ME:A
to
Star Trek TNG -> Deep Space Nine -> Discovery -> Picard?

...or would you swap Discovery and Picard? Picard was the show that threw out everything from the previous material before it while serving as disappointing anti-climax (ME3), whereas Discovery is the weird hyper-politicized mess that was so far up its own ass it will never see daylight (Andromeda).

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I wouldnt make that analogy because it is fucking retarded. ME3/2 are amazing games and have no business being even adjacent to fucking discovery.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are elements of each game that are better than all the others.

-ME1: Exploration and had the most RPG elements of the series.
-ME2: The Classes, the Companion Characters, Overall Story, DLC, Interface and Inventory fixes.
-ME3: Multiplayer, and overall a great game till they didn't stick the landing.
-ME-A: Gun/Gameplay (or so it is told, I didn't play that shit).

For me, ME:2 was the best experience and remains on my personal top-5 all time list, but I thought ME:3 was very good as well.

I never bought into ME:3's lofty (unrealistic) exceptions that everyone else seemed to. The the predictable three-path ending was meh, but what I was expecting all along. They rushed it out the door to meet their ship deadline and the studio/franchise paid dearly for it.

ME:1 is way too dated compared to the others at this point and would benefit most from the remake. Amdomeda is just the retarded cousin of the series and I have no interest in ever playing it.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I liked the open world nature of andromeda. Characters were weak, story was ass, and. It’s was shit, but I felt like some of the gameplay core elements were great, or enough to sink a few hours blasting around planets to clear them.

I think three was near flawless for 90 percent of the game and dam did they ever blow that last 10 percent.

But if you can sit here and tell me the scene with Mordin humming the salarian song while iafter elevator to the top wasn’t one of the most beautiful scenes in gaming history, you can fuck right off. That scene and choice are etched in my brain forever,

You guys are right on two, what amazing companions, then they are all just forgotten in 3. Actually I change my mind, three was like 60 percent perfect and 40 shit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am going to go against the grain here and poop on two a little bit. Outside of the companion interactions, it really did not do much story wise. There was some propped up booheyman villian you never really interacted with (Collecters, Harbinger I think?) and a whole lot of "Shepherds dead, whatevs" in that game. Some of the companions were descent (Mordin, Thade, Legion) but some were just forgettable (Thief chick, Tattoo bitch, Grunt) or outright cringe (the Justicar woman, Cerebus Chick). At no point did it have something resembling the race against time feeling of the other two games, plus it suffered from the lack of the core characters from the first game (esp Liara, Wrex, and Tali). It did benefit from DLC a little and the end fight was at least unique. The Mission was laughable though, because you pretty much only had to make two correct calls the entire time for everyone to survive the suicide mission (contrast to Virmire where someone had to die) and the only real choice in the game was if you shit on Martin Sheen at the end or not, which ultimately had fuck all of an effect on the final game, regardless.

Three had flaws, to be sure. Super anime Ninja and the poor handling of the ending (mostly due to writer changing and forgetting their ME1 lore) stick out to people, but it also had a few pacing issues (We are saving the galaxy from a civ ending invasion, but lets go stop at the cititdel to shop). It also locked some of its best content behind DLC paywall. But the companions were on point (Tali suicide scene is one of the best written ones in the series) and choices as far back as ME1 impacted outcomes of relationships with them. The multiplayer was also honestly some of the most fun I have ever had in gaming and I am not someone who enjoys it normally. Its just a shame it took a patch and the Leviathan DLC to unfuck a lot of the garbage writing at the end.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
to
Star Trek TNG -> Star Trek DS9 -> Star Trek Voyager -> Star Trek Enterprise

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I am going to go against the grain here and poop on two a little bit. Outside of the companion interactions, it really did not do much story wise. There was some propped up booheyman villian you never really interacted with (Collecters, Harbinger I think?) and a whole lot of "Shepherds dead, whatevs" in that game. Some of the companions were descent (Mordin, Thade, Legion) but some were just forgettable (Thief chick, Tattoo bitch, Grunt) or outright cringe (the Justicar woman, Cerebus Chick).
Tattoo bitch, aka Jack was my favorite companion in ME2 for two reasons: 1, at least at the start she embodied the kind of angry berserker that made the game fun even if you had to spend the rest of the game peeling back and repairing layers of emotional damage because it's inevitable bioware and 2: her shockwave ability was unbelievably fun for an infiltrator build. She would just launch the mobs up and let you slow time and then head shot them, it was glorious. This was even more fun with Garrus because it was like she was all-time clay pidgeon launcher and Garrus and I were just skeet shooting through the game.

If I ever did a replay of ME2, it would be primarily to just hang out with Garrus and Jack and shoot the fuck out of everything.

• 2Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
to
Star Trek TNG -> Star Trek DS9 -> Star Trek Voyager -> Star Trek Enterprise
TNG has not held up well. And Picard did it no favors. DS9 is probably the best trek of the modern era and still stand up decades later like TOS does.

Story wise, I think ME1 is the best overall product, but debating between ME2 and ME3 comes down to how butthurt the three color ending made you and if you had a thing for Miranda Lawson or not.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I love TNG and never got into DS9. Will never watch Picard. Or anything on that shit show called CBS All Access.

Right now the only hope we have of a good Sci Fi RPG is going to be Starfield and that sucks ass :(

We need more upcoming developer houses who haven't sold out yet.

• 2Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I could never get past Miranda being the chick from Chuck, but a friend of mine was obsessed with her so I can see that. My biggest issue with ME2 was the hard left it took from the underlying plot of ME1 and the fact they they got lazy and just benched whatever character survived the ME1 choice.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Keep in mind ME2 was the first time Bioware had ever done a sequel. KOTOR 2 was outsourced.

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I thought ME1 was the best story experience and worst game play. I thought ME2 was the best overall game but its story was weaker than 1 but the gameplay was much better. ME3 was really fun minus the asian ninja shit and ignoring all your choices for the shit ending.

• 2Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Keep in mind ME2 was the first time Bioware had ever done a sequel. KOTOR 2 was outsourced.

KOTOR 2 was goddamn awesome, even for a game that wasn't completed.

Both games in that series were so far ahead of their time ..

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've never played any of these games. Remaster would be a good time to pick them up!

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
When you look at it all I get why they benched most of the squad for two. It was a suicide mission and you couldn’t risk losing the survivor from the first games choice as that would play big I to three.

But yeah they way the dumped most, replaced them, then dumped them again was meh.