Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Breakdown of past work by the Bioware staff assigned to Mass Effect Andromeda according to Wikipedia. I'll reserve judgment until its out and reviews are in.
Mass Effect: Andromeda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• Director - Mac Walters.
    Writer - Mass Effect 1,
    Lead Writer - Mass Effect 2,3

imdb entry
  • Designer - Ian Fraizer.
    Lead Designer - Infinity Blade: Dungeons on iOS
    Lead Designer - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.
    Producer & Lead Designer - Dawn of War: Soulstorm

linkedin
  • Artist - Joel MacMillan
    Lead cinematic animator Mass Effect 3
    Senior Cinematic Animator for BioWare's upcoming Mass Effect 2.
    cinematics animator Mass Effect
    Art Director for BioWare's 'Sonic Chronicles: the Dark Brotherhood
    Ingame Animator on BioWare's DragonAge
    Cinematic Animator for BioWare's Jade Empire.

Joel MacMillan - IMDb
    https://www.linkedin.com/pub/joel-macmillan/15/493/38b
  • Writer - Chris Schlerf
    Halo 4 (Video Game) (senior writer)
    Halo 4 Movie: Reclaimer Trilogy Part 1 - Awakening
    Halo: Escalation(comic) - comic

Chris Schlerf - IMDb
    Christopher Schlerf - Halopedia, the Halo encyclopedia

bytes

Molten Core Raider
What judgment is there left to reserve after you've taken a look at the Lead Design department?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not to mention Mac Walters was the other half of the duo responsible for the cringeworthy writing of ME3.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Whatever. As long as it still has Vanguards and blue waifus I'll still buy it and so will like 90% of you.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Not to mention Mac Walters was the other half of the duo responsible for the cringeworthy writing of ME3.
This is true. Although really, I am only talking about the ending because why not build a whole game around scoring your actions across 300+ hours of franchise and only make it change the light color of the ending?
Whatever. As long as it still has Vanguards and blue waifus I'll still buy it and so will like 90% of you.
This, however, is also true.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The ending was so goddamn bad it tends to make people forget that there was plenty else wrong with the game. For starters, your choice at the end of of ME2 make no difference, even if you hand the base over to the Illusive man he's still like FUCK YALL, you just get a tiny bit of different dialogue. Or the fact that they CLEARLY cut Javik out of the game to turn him into DLC. Or every single part of the story involving Kai Leng.

The resolutions of the Tuchanka and Rannoch storylines are both fantastic, and the intensity of the gameplay on Earth, especially that final rush to the citadel, was amazing. But big chunks of the story were so goddamn stupid that the ridiculous 'Shepard is being indoctrinated' video made more sense.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The indoctrination theory made sense because of all the blatant hallucinations, weird dream sequences, and Shepherd muttering to himself on the ship about hearing buzzing and whatever else. Mass Effect 3 was like 75-80% excellent to me. Kai Leng and the ending just keep a sour taste in your mouth forever.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
[*]Designer - Ian Fraizer.
Lead Designer - Infinity Blade: Dungeons on iOS
Lead Designer - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.
Producer & Lead Designer - Dawn of War: Soulstorm
I just heard a toilet flush.

[*]Writer - Chris Schlerf
Halo 4 (Video Game) (senior writer)
Halo 4 Movie: Reclaimer Trilogy Part 1 - Awakening
Halo: Escalation(comic) - comic
Twice.

Director - Mac Walters.
I swear to God I am in Archie Bunker's house now.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
rrr_img_106786.jpg

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Even the smurfs were sexist!

Maybe EA will hire the writer of Gone Home for all the lesbian relationships. We are also well overdue for a female prot. voiced by Jennifer Hale.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For Mac Walters, I'm with some of the others that ME3 was about a 4/5 game for me after all the DLC/augmented endings were in. For Chris Shclerf I played through the Halo 4 with Regime and really enjoyed it, minus all the aggravation of playing on legendary. And I'm not going to blame Ian Fraizer for all the sins of Kurt Schilling. I haven't finished Kingdoms of Amalur yet but it reviewed fairly well and I enjoyed the small part of it I played. The biggest complaint about the game was that it was too MMOish and had too many bear ass quests. Looking at who is working on it over all it should at least be a decent fun sci fi RPG. However I'm never going to pre-order a Bioware game again and I'll just wait till some initial reviews are in.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Bioware games are day 1 purchases for me.

They have yet to make a game I don't like.
smile.png

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Bioware games are day 1 purchases for me.

They have yet to make a game I don't like.
smile.png
I hope you have a Delorean then. Bioware is long dead. It's just a label with none of the people that were responsible for the great games they * Used * to make. To EA, Bioware is a "Story" marketing word to slap on the box to fool the masses. DA:I and ME3 are direct reflections of over-hyped marketing that never had those games come to fruition from what they would have been should Bioware been on their own. In fact, DA2 would have never been made. You know what I would pay for though? To see EA having never touched Bioware and see what they would have done with the ME franchise after the initial/gripping universe that was created with the 1st Mass Effect game under Microsoft. (Which at the time, was one of the best publishers to have your back and creativity, especially if you were making an Xbox Exclusive) Namely, KOTOR, Jade Empire, and Mass Effect.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not entirely disagreeing with you.

The golden days of Bioware are behind them, but I still enjoyed ME3 a lot, I loved DA:I, and I still enjoy SWTOR.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I hope you have a Delorean then. Bioware is long dead. It's just a label with none of the people that were responsible for the great games they * Used * to make. To EA, Bioware is a "Story" marketing word to slap on the box to fool the masses. DA:I and ME3 are direct reflections of over-hyped marketing that never had those games come to fruition from what they would have been should Bioware been on their own. In fact, DA2 would have never been made. You know what I would pay for though? To see EA having never touched Bioware and see what they would have done with the ME franchise after the initial/gripping universe that was created with the 1st Mass Effect game under Microsoft. (Which at the time, was one of the best publishers to have your back and creativity, especially if you were making an Xbox Exclusive) Namely, KOTOR, Jade Empire, and Mass Effect.
Well said sir... which is the strategy we have seen during the consolidation of the video game industry. Big guys buying other guys for the brand and the following of the brand primarily.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I have a ton of fun playing ME games, DA:I was one of my favorite games of the last 12 months, I look forward to more from this studio.