• 1Smuggly
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Any info on how much this dumpster fire cost to produce? Utnayan Utnayan

Nope :(

Only a hap hazard guess at this point: I found out they had two stop starts though. One in mid 2013 and another spring of 2014. Basically looking at about 24 months of actual development. Supposedly 200 developers across 3 regions, two stop starts, and some high paid voice talent even though it most definitely didn't reflect in this game. (Poor directing, writing, and character development) some of which was phoned in. I heard Mac Walters was in over his head (Shock) and then EA clamped down after the second stop start. I would guess depending on if they ramped up for 2013's design before the 2014 stoppage, it would be looking roughly at about $120 million including the marketing and voice talent. It would have been higher with licensing of Unreal instead. EA is trying to jam everything into frostbite.

Oh, found this little gem from Mac Walters.

Creative Director Mac Walters revealed in the latest issue of the Official Xbox Magazine (via Daily Star) that the character animation quality is at an “all-time high” for the studio because it’s all about “expressiveness, emotion and a connection with the player.”
Read more at Mass Effect Andromeda to Push Frostbite's Boundaries

Mac Walters is a walking shit heel.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is Mac Walters like George Lucas? Take off the restraints and we get to see what truly horrible shit he can make?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Is Mac Walters like George Lucas? Take off the restraints and we get to see what truly horrible shit he can make?

He's basically a horrible writer. How he was placed in the creative director role astounds me. He is also a known liar. Which is obviously evident from the link above.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Her derpy eyes make me cringe every time, some of the pics it looks like they added a lazy eye on purpose.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Nope :(

Only a hap hazard guess at this point: I found out they had two stop starts though. One in mid 2013 and another spring of 2014. Basically looking at about 24 months of actual development. Supposedly 200 developers across 3 regions, two stop starts, and some high paid voice talent even though it most definitely didn't reflect in this game. (Poor directing, writing, and character development) some of which was phoned in. I heard Mac Walters was in over his head (Shock) and then EA clamped down after the second stop start. I would guess depending on if they ramped up for 2013's design before the 2014 stoppage, it would be looking roughly at about $120 million including the marketing and voice talent. It would have been higher with licensing of Unreal instead. EA is trying to jam everything into frostbite.

Oh, found this little gem from Mac Walters.

Mac Walters is a walking shit heel.
Well, I do feel a certain connection with the characters based on their facial animations, in that when I fuck up on a monumental level in front of someone I feel like every facial expression I produce makes me look like I'm completely retarded.

FemRyder looks like I feel if I have to explain why I crashed into a cop car while stone cold sober.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
All these gifs are fucking destroying me how did they manage to do this in a AAA game

The world and the details are outstanding but they're going to be so overlooked because of hilariously bad animations considering that's what you're going to be looking at 80% of the time