Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That bit about 'how did the planet change so much in 600 years of FTL travel' is now rustling the fuck out of my jimmies.

Apparently JJ Abrams was involved with this project too.

*edit* More inspiration for Andromeda animators!

giphy.gif

Last edited:

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
That bit about 'how did the planet change so much in 600 years of FTL travel' is now rustling the fuck out of my jimmies.

Apparently JJ Abrams was involved with this project too.

*edit* More inspiration for Andromeda animators!

giphy.gif

The whole lets just go smack into the system without actually getting good current visuals before blundering in is a real head smacker. Humans simply had not had the mass effect stuff long enough to do any major probes to scout ahead so all the data you are looking at is probably millions of years old. I guess it is possible that the council races already had probes go out and come back FTL that had more up to date info but given their travel time was 600 years then about the most up to date info they would have had would at best be 1200 years old. And even that up to date is highly unlikely. So you are probably dealing with thousands of years old or worse info. Still in theory good enough to find viable habitation candidates but a lot can happen in a few thousand years. Earth went from mile high sheets of ice over the majority of the landmasses to what we have now in a lot less than 10k years.

Molten Core Raider
There's a thread full of this stuff over on neogaf. If you dont want to wade into the shit, these were some of the best. Spoilered so as not to shit up the thread too much.
wKduUYz

5qOu2Zd
061da65793.gif

lld6j5o.gif
tumblr_olycxgTChG1qzm8mpo1_540.gif

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Really if somebody was going to do something like this you wake up your science teams a couple years in advance and you plot your exit from FTL point a good ways outside of the target areas. This lets you be able to do fully updated survey workups on all the target worlds and other worlds in the area while you are not very close. From a galaxy away you could not tell what if anything was inhabited and given the vast number of sentients found in the milky way I think assuming some/all of your targets may already be inhabited may be a good reason to not just FTL directly into the system yelling look who's coming to dinner.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
This might be my new favorite thread

Please tell me there's a subreddit already

goishen

Macho Ma'am
And plus... Who the fuck is piloting the Nexus/Hyperion? Who hits something that they've never seen before and can't get a read on?

"We have something out there... But we can't get a read on it!"

"Fuckit, ramming speed. All ahead full. We're going in fuckin' hell or high water."

Errr, wha.....?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You know you done fucked up when you make ME3 look like a masterpiece in comparison.

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
And more proof that this is DA4 : The Mass Effect Inquisition.

Lines of dialogue to note :

"Alien gods"

"Who ever heard of floating rocks?" "Just go with it!"

"They have some kind'a weird cloaking tech." Sure, we have animals here that can disappear, it's called camouflage. But sure, whatever.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Rating/Reviewing game is just more of the patriarchy's oppression. Bunch of white dudes mansplaining why a game is "bad." There are no bad games, only different experiences. ME:A just refuses to be what is traditionally defined as "good," because the foundations of that tradition is the oppression of differently-skilled game developers!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You can't just have your characters say how they're feeling! That makes me feel angry!

IWnlW98.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
played 3 hours today. The environments and worlds are cool, its fun jetting around a new galaxy exploring shit and fighting aliens and scanning new things. A+ on the planets I've seen and enviroments.

but my god, the writing and VA and facial animations and dialogue choices are so wretchedly bad that I just can't force myself to keep playing. I like Dinesh from Silicon Valley but putting that face on a salari admin is just stupid and keeps yanking you out of immersion. The first korgan you meet is a female and sounds like a goddamn fucking tranny. Everyone's face during dialogue scenes is nightmare fuel.

RIP Bioware

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Kotaku having the only positive preview so far is very telling.

• 1Like