Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
So someone posted pics of a ME:A game guide (who the fuck would buy that) and it says there's no gay romance options. Literally unplayable. You can fuck the dickhead species character though.
Is this post a joke? Literally impossible to tell at this point

Mao

Trakanon Raider
I actually got the novel early because I was curious. Basically due to some of the stuff you see in the early intro stuff their sensors were all kinds of fucked up. Seeing stuff that was not there or not seeing stuff that was. It makes communication between even near by things challenging. So some of my initial face palming can be retracted their sensors basically could not reliably see the hazard before they encountered it and it also fucked up their ability to detect anything about planets from any kind of range.
Still makes little sense if you think about it. They lost sensors and comms, that's why they haven't heard from the Nexus. So, what's the back up? For us, if we lose comms you still go to the rally point at the appointed time. Let's say they can't repair their shit for whatever reason. Makes even more sense to try the Nexus first.

If they think the Nexus is compromised because of disaster or combaf, then get the sensors up to make certain you aren't flying to your death

Not saying they don't have reason. They make reasons up for the choices they make, just those reasons (to me) don't hold up to scrutiny.

khorum

Murder Apologist
It's funny that it's more implausible that Bioware wouldn't allow gay romances than having multiple options for fucking bowlegged penis-people.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's funny that it's more implausible that Bioware wouldn't allow gay romances than having multiple options for fucking bowlegged penis-people.
penis-people is a much better way to describe them than Literal Dickhead Species.

spronk

FPS noob
pretty sure there are bangable gay bros in Andromeda
Mass Effect: Andromeda: Here's the most rewarding gay romance in its entirety | Stevivor
^ thats the dude who gave the game a 9.5 btw, so it must have some powerful dick to dick scenes

i hope the PC version gets mods eventually and then I will create the glorious Burqa DLC, where you go around handing out Burqa's to all the women in the game to cover up their shame. DLC 2 will have them randomly explode, which to be honest probably won't seem out of place for most people animation wise.

also the glassdoor reviews by (ex) employees at Bioware Canada is hilarious to read
BioWare - VFX Artist | Glassdoor.ca

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
PeeBee reminds me of a raccoon whenever I see her. Why is she the first Asari to have an eyemask like that?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
PeeBee reminds me of a raccoon whenever I see her. Why is she the first Asari to have an eyemask like that?
She's an otherkin who identifies as a spacerat.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
No Krogan romance option. Did they learn nothing from DA:I?

• 1Solidarity

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Still makes little sense if you think about it. They lost sensors and comms, that's why they haven't heard from the Nexus. So, what's the back up? For us, if we lose comms you still go to the rally point at the appointed time. Let's say they can't repair their shit for whatever reason. Makes even more sense to try the Nexus first.

If they think the Nexus is compromised because of disaster or combaf, then get the sensors up to make certain you aren't flying to your death

Not saying they don't have reason. They make reasons up for the choices they make, just those reasons (to me) don't hold up to scrutiny.

To not get into many spoilers there are issues moving around at all the nexus which appears to have arrived first attempted to do some initial scouting without pathfinders and lost a few of the ships they had and the rest either came up empty or were unable to get usable data. At least in the book the nexus was ripped up by what was causing the sensor anomolies. Moving around this area appears to be extremely hazardous and I assume a lot of what you do as pathfinder is to find ways to clean systems up in some fashion to push back the effects which are screwing both the local space and planets up badly.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
you dun goofed bioware, even the trannies are mad

favorite ME:A bug

Some bugs in this game are just mind blowing. If you are wearing a helmet, the rain will just hit your face inside of the helmet, and skip the helmet completely. It`s so weird.

Lil

>"Nice weather we're having"
>"I WANT MAKE MY PEEPEE GO BYE BYE"

• 1Like

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Mass-Effect-Andromeda-companion-Peebee.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Spacerat asari is so bad.

I wish there was an option to intentionally and permanently kill squadmates. Like when you have to choose whether you kill Ashley or Kaiden, there needs to be an option to say, "I think both of you need to guard this nuclear weapon. And we need to bring Carth Onassi here so I can kill Kaiden twice."

• 1Like

Mao

Trakanon Raider
To not get into many spoilers there are issues moving around at all the nexus which appears to have arrived first attempted to do some initial scouting without pathfinders and lost a few of the ships they had and the rest either came up empty or were unable to get usable data. At least in the book the nexus was ripped up by what was causing the sensor anomolies. Moving around this area appears to be extremely hazardous and I assume a lot of what you do as pathfinder is to find ways to clean systems up in some fashion to push back the effects which are screwing both the local space and planets up badly.
I won't deny they make reasons and at this point we're mostly just quibbling. My point and what I will return to is it felt, not that they are trying to tell a story but that they made the mission and level design, then went back to fill the story to move you from mission to mission. This isn't necessarily bad if done well. Just the way the did it, my feeling throughout the demo was how glaring it was. You have to go to habitat 7 so you can become the pathfinder. You have to do that before the Nexus so you can be the pathfinder when you get there.
Nothing is inherently wrong, it just feels like the whole thing was made after the fact. Combined with how horrible the dialogue is, mixed with the juxtapose of 'You are the pathfinder' and 'You're just the new kid shut up' and the feeling that this is the jv team, not the premier explorers of an intergalactic colonization effort.

It felt as if they were writing what they thought they, some nerdy bioware writer would do and would be cool if, and never actually logic testing their shit to see if it made sense.

This is just a person pet peeve, prolly amplified with my current job of training soldiers to not be stupid like this. So I will let it go, but it just seems no one ever applied the sniff test to any of the writing and hence, it smells like poop.

I will add, after being such a downer, that the game seems to improve once you get away from the horrible dialogue and story. Once you start shooting people and vanguarding around it can be fun. So I will prolly end up buying it once it goes on sale. I will just suffer through the story by taking a shot every time someone says something stupid.
Also a lil saddened to find I will have to play as Miss McDerpface to fuck the Scottish accent. Decisions..

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
totally serious: After reading through some of the reviews I feel like ME:A will be a much better game in a year IF bioware fixes the animations/faces/UI/misc bugs.

In the same way I think I would've enjoyed DA:I and ME3 much more if I had waited a while before playing them, I think I'm going to enjoy ME:A in a year or two when I play it. Playing this shit-turd at release for full price seems asinine though.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
4k lesbo banging NSFW / NSFL / NSF red wine drinkers
As appalling as this clip is, I think the worst part may be the fucking wine pour. That's got to be the worst animation of a liquid I've ever seen. It is some fancy space wine? Is gravity affecting it somehow? I certainly hope so because holy fuck does that look bad.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users