Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I look at it like this, and I am sure someone can say I am pipe dreaming.

I see games like Horizon Zero Dawn, the new Zelda, Uncharted 4, Witcher 3, etc - and I think to myself, why do we get this Mass Effect Andromeda shit at ALL any more in gaming. Games that are just so bad in comparison.(Shit, in this case, even not in comparison) And I also think to myself, hey you know what? If we didn't buy it, collectively, we would get MORE horizons, Zeldas, etc. Rather than seeing only 3-4 of those quality caliber games per year of pure epic, and mountains of garbage to wade through, we could be playing high caliber games like Horizon every MONTH.

I know. Pipedream.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I will visit any board I can to spread the word of this garbage so we do not see it become standard!

This. Complacency opens the door to more blue hair tranny invasion into the medium. Or worse, more half ass shovelware from B Team idiots sold as AAA games.

Seriously, the more I play the more amazed at the low quality of voice acting there is.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I just don't have time to play mediocre games. If I could play from work, like I can shitpost from work, maybe I could clear out more of my backlog.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

I see games like Horizon Zero Dawn, the new Zelda, Uncharted 4, Witcher 3, etc - and I think to myself, why do we get this Mass Effect Andromeda shit at ALL any more in gaming. Games that are just so bad in comparison.(Shit, in this case, even not in comparison) And I also think to myself, hey you know what? If we didn't buy it, collectively, we would get MORE horizons, Zeldas, etc. Rather than seeing only 3-4 of those quality caliber games per year of pure epic, and mountains of garbage to wade through, we could be playing high caliber games like Horizon every MONTH.

I know. Pipedream.
Because people buy them

You could say this game sucks donkey balls all over the internet but if it does $500M in sales who cares ?

Most people preorder or buy sight unseen.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Thanks for the $10.

I bought the game, but am not enjoying it. I'll finish it, for sure... But I'll be snoozing my way through. I mean, I just went on a couple'a strike team missions this morning, for one I got... Ready for this? 18 chittins. I don't even know wtf chittins are for, I assume crafting? And the other I got.......... 48 credits. God damn, I'm so happy I paid for this game. And then I got the sound cut off.

To answer Soygen's question, I dunno, I usually spend $100, maybe $150 a month on games? My last purchase was Marvel vs. Capcom 3 even though I suck at fighters. I do own FO4 and TW3 and haven't played them yet though. So, maybe I'll do that next.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't think anyone looks to make shitty games. There is only so much talent and even then if that talent doesn't have proper guidance then it still fails. Buy it or don't it makes no difference. The amount of great games we get has increased as have the amount of shit ones as the industry as expanded. The key is finding a place you can count on for proper reviews to sift through the sell out bullshit. That's what I use this place for.

• 1Like

Stave

Potato del Grande

I know. Pipedream.

There's always going to be shit games. Developers dont generally intend to make shit games, it happens due to shitty leaders or management or suits. If people stopped buying shitty games, it wouldn't make more good games appear. It would just make less games really, and less innovation as no one would take risks.

The problem in my eyes is that the price for games generally (barring rare exception) starts at $60 even when there is always an unequalness in quality. It would be like pricing a Lamborghini the same as a sedan. Of course the Lamborghini is way better and makes the sedan look like shit. But when priced appropriatly, the sedan serves a purpose and gets more in its value range.

What usually ends up happening with poor games is they get shit reviews for not being good enough for $60, and then crash in price pretty fast. Then more average gamers like myself can pick up mediocre games at a fraction of the price of a great game. Word of mouth and honest reviews are good for driving the prices to where they should be much sooner. Your always going to have your day 1 purchasers which is why games generally start at $60 so devs can get that sweet "buy no matter what" gamers money, but there is a big difference if a game sells 10 million copies at $60, or 10 million at $20.

I have noticed a trend starting though where some non-indie games are launching around $20-40. This is smart because the reviews tend to reflect it, which in turn gives them a higher rating because at that price point it's more justifiable. For example all the Telltale games, Overwatch, etc. I hope we see more of a progression towards this in the future where games not worth $60 dont auto start there, due to fear of bad reviews.... Or EA will just pay the reviewers and pander to their SJW fantasies in exchange for good reviews to delay the price drop... ethics in journalism man, ethics in journalism.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Bioware set out to make a shitty game. Look at the dev list for this thing. A lead animator who's only other career is "cosplay", the main female protagonist voice actress is a SJW advocate who's only real experience is as a sound engineer grunt at Sony. The writing was done by people like Manveer and the "GTA virtually raped me" girl. I mean, unless you are all in on the agenda, no sane person would put those people anywhere near positions of authority in design for a game of this scope. And what makes it especially bad is seeing the few instances of good voice work and mocap (Clancy Brown being one) side by side with the rest of the shitshow right in the same game. It tells me that there were talented people working there, they were subordinate to the REEEEEEEEEE crowd.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
In his defense, he said his wife got "glowing reviews" from all her friends... so i'm pretty sure him and his wife are, indeed, SJWs themselves. Probably makes it harder to notice what everyone else is talking about.

Personally, I'm pragmatic - I hate polarization on either side, the idea of shoving diversity down others throats is just as abhorrent to me as blockading it. No idea on the views on such from the others, I don't get into such nonsense outside of mentions of spouses (and every single person that's reviewed things has been straight - I have very few gay friends, and none of them game that I'm still in touch with [Old school EQ days there were a ton, but lost touch with all since - EQ seemed like catnip to gays for some reason])

• 1Smuggly

Vaclav

Oh way worse than Doom.

That's easy to do though, Doom was an amazing reboot/throwback. Forget where it landed Metacriticwise, but it deserves a 85-ish in my book. (And decided to check it before finalizing the post - bullseyed... man I'm getting good at predicting Metacritic scores - two for two recently.... not that I do it often, probably just dumb luck but still...)

On the 1/2/3 thing earlier.

1) Around $400/mo combined gaming/board gaming budget. Although often have an excess that goes into savings due to not finishing games recently - used to be we'd just spend the excess on board games after PC/console were done, but KDM cured that. But basically we buy every AAA and a good number of secondary titles. (No sports/driving though)
2) Nioh/Horizon - yes. Nier - No. (Seemed to 'asian' for me to bother - all the glowing mentions have it on the buylist once I have time though) -- Zelda - Yes/No. (I've got it on my Buylist - but I need 2-3 more games I care about to justify a Switch - and so far the only announcements have nothing future of interest yet [I'm sure that'll start to change though])
3) I've lurked there a every 3-4 months or so for a situation (used to be more common back when Sean was active and linking there all the time though) - never registered however.

But as I'm sure #1 is intended to state/imply - yes, being that my gaming budget (both time-wise and financially) gives me the ability to consume so much, I'd have droughts if I didn't tolerate "70-80" rated games as good enough for me.

I can definitely see Andromeda being a piece of garbage for the type of person that buys one game a month and takes 1-2 months to complete each game.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
The writing was done by people like Manveer and the "GTA virtually raped me" girl.

Not sure why so many people think Racist Manveer was a writer. I see that mistake all over the place. He was a gameplay designer, the dipshit likely had absolutely no influence on the story.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Personally, I'm pragmatic - I hate polarization on either side, the idea of shoving diversity down others throats is just as abhorrent to me as blockading it. No idea on the views on such from the others, I don't get into such nonsense outside of mentions of spouses (and every single person that's reviewed things has been straight - I have very few gay friends, and none of them game that I'm still in touch with [Old school EQ days there were a ton, but lost touch with all since - EQ seemed like catnip to gays for some reason])

I agree buddy. I couldn't careless about all of these "social issues" 24 hour media portrays as spilling out into the streets apocolyptic style. 99.9% of people when it comes to this if you, they don't care and are sick of hearing about it. It's amazing how much that retarded .1% (On both sides) get the most air time on that garbage making it seem like it isn't anything but screaming attention whores.

But keep that crap out of games. Because it's the only place hardly anyone can go now to keep out of that non sense and still have entertainment.

• 1Solidarity

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Ordinarily, I would agree. But this SJW shit is a religion. When you let moral crusaders invade entertainment mediums with their sub par talent, you end up with dogshit like the Comics Code era of comic books or the entire TV lineup of the 90s. And believe me this is not blockading it. There are good games made by SJWs with SJW shit placed in them (Horizon being the latest example, also Last of Us) that are acceptable, because the ideology did not take the driver seat when it came time to hire people or build the fucking game.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Vaclav

I agree buddy. I couldn't careless about all of these "social issues" 24 hour media portrays as spilling out into the streets apocolyptic style. 99.9% of people when it comes to this if you, they don't care and are sick of hearing about it. It's amazing how much that retarded .1% (On both sides) get the most air time on that garbage making it seem like it isn't anything but screaming attention whores.

But keep that crap out of games. Because it's the only place hardly anyone can go now to keep out of that non sense and still have entertainment.
Ordinarily, I would agree. But this SJW shit is a religion. When you let moral crusaders invade entertainment mediums with their sub par talent, you end up with dogshit like the Comics Code era of comic books or the entire TV lineup of the 90s. And believe me this is not blockading it. There are good games made by SJWs with SJW shit placed in them (Horizon being the latest example, also Last of Us) that are acceptable, because the ideology did not take the driver seat when it came time to hire people or build the fucking game.

See I could agree with you guys if there was some sort of extreme quantity - but really I've seen only a handful of "diverse" characters thusfar while interacting with probably a hundred or more. They're there, sure - but it's not like walking through a gay pride parade like some make it out to be. I'd be right there with you if it was.

Perhaps that'll feel different once I get to the romance point (not that I really give much of a shit about them - usually just do them for trophy sake and ignore otherwise unless a character really resonates with me - i.e. Tali)

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not sure why so many people think Racist Manveer was a writer. I see that mistake all over the place. He was a gameplay designer, the dipshit likely had absolutely no influence on the story.

What exactly do you think this guy did on the game, given how much he was publicly masturbating over his agenda in relation to Andromeda?

• 1Like