Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

khalid

Unelected Mod
The fact that they needed to put out an extended cut to try and salvage the ending says it all.
Yes, it says they made a mistake with the ending and wanted to fix it. Doesn't really say much beyond that, other than showing that no matter what you do, once the internet has a meme of the ending ruining your life, some people will keep rolling with it.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
gameplay was amazing. easily my most enjoyable experience in the mass effect trilogy right until the end. the ending was definitely a bitch, but it didn't time travel and prevent all the fun I had.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Clearly the Catalyst had the high ground. Fucks sake Anakin do you even Mass Effect?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I prefer to pretend that the game ended with Mordin on Tuchanka. Easily one of the best moments of my whole gaming experience and the only game that beat it was W3.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I prefer to pretend that the game ended with Mordin on Tuchanka. Easily one of the best moments of my whole gaming experience and the only game that beat it was W3.
That would take my #2 moment for the game - #1 moment is still the Geth-Quarian resolution... both made this cynical old man tear up a bit.

Although I will say, since I didn't have a save with Mordin doing his Rogers and Hammerstein apparently the first time - even knowing it was coming the wife's playthrough of Mordin still hit me hard seeing it again like a year or two later when I finally convinced the wife to play through Mass Effect and she got there with him doing the R&H stuff leading up to it. (Forget exactly where it was, but it altered his "ending" with him doing a bit of the ditty as part of it...)

G-Q didn't effect me at all during her playthrough besides saying "Hard gameplay parts ahead but awesome storyline stuff" or something equivalent.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
gameplay was amazing. easily my most enjoyable experience in the mass effect trilogy right until the end. the ending was definitely a bitch, but it didn't time travel and prevent all the fun I had.
I could have done without all the slo-mo walks through the woods chasing a kid.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Seriously. Dumbest shit since the exact same fucking thing in Max Payne except you could fall and start the fuck over.

Fuck. Just thinking about it still pisses me off. At least Max Payne had a killer ending.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There was a helluva lot more wrong with ME3 than the ending, although almost everything wrong with ME3 ties back into the ending. Honestly, it would have been one of the worst Bioware games made if it wasn't for how amazing the multiplayer was, except the multiplayer was done by a different studio.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
"My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a scientist salarian."
frown.png

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Mass Effect Loot Crate is sold out...that'll teach me for not checking my email. Oh well.

Sulrn

Deuces
After playing through MGS 5, my only hope is that Andromeda vastly improves it's gameplay mechanics. I know it's a three year gap between release dates (ME3/MGS5), but all I thought about was damn this could have been an awesome ME3. So many of the mechanics had a direct translation, just toss in the conversation system, convert the cold war to the reaper war, and a few more battlegrounds and BAM a ME3 that an abysmal ending can't touch.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
So i finished ME3 on the weekend (extended cut) and did not think the ending was sooo horrible, it felt in line with the other 2 endings. How different is the standard ending? I had 3 options took option 3 to save the world, now everyone is a buddy and we solved our differances by making everyone the same !!

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
So i finished ME3 on the weekend (extended cut) and did not think the ending was sooo horrible, it felt in line with the other 2 endings. How different is the standard ending? I had 3 options took option 3 to save the world, now everyone is a buddy and we solved our differances by making everyone the same !!
The original ending didn't have all the writing telling you what happened.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Probably not. Just easier to get Jennifer Hale to do the voice-over I bet and for people who are looking for a final goodbye they probably would appreciate fem-shep more.