Mass effect Remastered - Legendary Edition - 2021

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Javik is a perfect example of how they fucked up ME3. The underlying theme of the 3rd game should have revolved around the revelation that the Protheans were a racist imperialist hegemony and that's why they lost to the Reapers. Cerberus/The Illusive Man were already established as being human supremacists. Shepard would have been a set up as the uniter of the galaxy (which is consistent with the whole 'war effort' mechanic where you're putting together strike teams from the various races in the galaxy.) They could have even shown cutscenes of all the rag-tag teams made up of the various races taking down reapers and turning the tide of the war, with previous companions and various side characters you'd met along the way shown acting as commanders in their own right. It would have been woke and cheesy but it would have at least been consistent with all the themes they had set up to that point.

But instead they make Javik DLC and push what should have been a central plot/thematic point off into the background and we got Marauder Shields as a final boss and a red/green/blue ending.
It definitely would have been an improvement over what Javik ended up being, but the Reapers have purged the galaxy somewhere around twenty thousand times, I'm sure the Protheans weren't the only civ in that mold.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
On insanity didn't all the marauders have shields? Only difficulty I played 2 and 3 on.
I was talking about the last dildo at the end of 3 who pops out. I breezed through most of the game and struggle with this peon because it’s got that “immersive” camera shake due to shepherd being injured. If you die you gotta repeat a retarded cut scene and 3 slow ass moving husks that must be hit in the head with your wobbling blood soaked screen then defeat this marauder or you start over. Just a dumb decision and I was drunk so that didn’t help.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Got all the achievements including insanity. I'd say the combat is a 2007 game which doesn't bother me that bad. I'm far more concerned with them taking things out of the game.
I prefer the ammo mechanic to the heat but otherwise its okay. The story still more than makes the game worth replaying.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I can't believe more than one person said positive things about Dragon Age 2. That had to be one of the worst games ever made. 80% of it was one cave, hallway, or warehouse room recycled two dozen times.
i started my gf out w/ playing da2, it was nice and fun when she was done. i then said dragon age 1 is better, the story is 1000x better, it's just the gameplay is more dated than da2 and the map sucks.

i wasn't wrong, she hated the map and controls and basically everything, but loved alistair and morrigan
39b13ddc8117410a921e0deee2a947e5.png

i don't know if it would have been good to go DAo first

• 1Slow

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I honestly never played this series, is it any good, worth it?

Also what has this company done in the last decade thats worth any damn? All I can remeber was SW KOTOR I played way back in like late 90s early 2k?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Also what has this company done in the last decade thats worth any damn? All I can remeber was SW KOTOR I played way back in like late 90s early 2k?
Well the good thing about this release is that it is old games from when the company made good games. Don’t concern yourself with their recent shit.

If you like story driven games with lots of dialogue branches, cool characters, sci fi, good side stories, it’s great.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

It's a great game series. I'd wait for reviews on this remaster though.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
I was talking about the last dildo at the end of 3 who pops out. I breezed through most of the game and struggle with this peon because it’s got that “immersive” camera shake due to shepherd being injured. If you die you gotta repeat a retarded cut scene and 3 slow ass moving husks that must be hit in the head with your wobbling blood soaked screen then defeat this marauder or you start over. Just a dumb decision and I was drunk so that didn’t help.

Oh I'm well aware of who marauder shields is. I just never understood why people called him that since, for me at least, all marauders had shields.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

As someone who came in way late to the party and binged through it. I was mildly entertained for the first two games, but could really take it or leave it. #3 was genuinely pretty fun. Overall it was worth it if you're short on other games you like. I wouldn't run head in without seeing the reviews. If they cleaned up game 1 and 2 it could be great.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Oh I'm well aware of who marauder shields is. I just never understood why people called him that since, for me at least, all marauders had shields.
I dunno I actually never heard that term until Mist said it but I guess because the last boss of the game is a Marauder with a shield and it’s lame. Fuck that douche.

1620348636792.jpeg

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

spronk

FPS noob
game is out this week, i'm pretty hype although also a bit resigned to somehow Bioware completely fucking this up.

review copies haven't gone out yet, speculation is that there is a huge Mass Effect 4 trailer at the end of the ME3 campaign (yeah, lol) they don't want people to spoil. Which of course means it'll be uploaded to a thousand youtube videos sometime this week.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
game is out this week, i'm pretty hype although also a bit resigned to somehow Bioware completely fucking this up.

review copies haven't gone out yet, speculation is that there is a huge Mass Effect 4 trailer at the end of the ME3 campaign (yeah, lol) they don't want people to spoil. Which of course means it'll be uploaded to a thousand youtube videos sometime this week.
That's a weird way to say "the woke crusade didn't stop at Miranda's ass", but ok.

That's Miranda'am.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Well the good thing about this release is that it is old games from when the company made good games. Don’t concern yourself with their recent shit.

If you like story driven games with lots of dialogue branches, cool characters, sci fi, good side stories, it’s great.
I think ME was probably their last good game. Dragon Age started them down the path of "woke", ME2 was a little worse, but still relatively decent, and then ME3 was total dogshit outside of Mordin's parts.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
DA Inquisition was a good experience, but the woke shit in it was jarring. If you played as an elf paramour of the Wolf, the story was pretty awesome with the DLC. But so much gay.....

Then Andromeda turned the dials up to 12.

I enjoyed my multiple runs through the trilogy, but I will not be getting this. No more money for woke shit and remasters of woke shit.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I am so fucking hyped for this.

Fucking sucks too, because PSO2:NGS CBT is the same fucking day.

• 1Solidarity

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it just Miranda's ass they've censored or a bunch of other shit? I mean, I'm disappointed at the lack of MP but if they've nerfed the sexy time scenes that's a step too far!

spronk

FPS noob
dont think any of the sex stuff has been censored/changed other than usual higher textures etc. so you can still fuck that bald tattood chick if you are prison gay

they normalized character creator across all 3 games so when you create a character in ME1 it'll be the same look in all 3. they also implemented a single combat system across all 3 i think, but you have the option to revert to the OG controls if you prefer that