Mass effect Remastered - Legendary Edition - 2021

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I know it's selfish in a way, but I wish there had been another game between Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2 where you are just being a Spectre and dealing with stuff using the full crew before the events that open ME2 and send you spiraling.
Always happy for more Shepard.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Finished ME 2 and on to ME 3 which is the only one I've never finished nor done any of the DLCs. Just done one priority mission, but now done Leviathan and currently on the Omega DLC. Enjoyed Leviathan, but Omega is very good so far.

Still have a lot of hours left, but kind of sad knowing that the series is reaching its conclusion now and ME: Andromeda is what the followed this up with. What the actual fuck. How do you take the groundwork of this series and make that game? How inept do you have to be?

Hopefully that teaser they showed is ME 4. Somehow it starts with Shepard being back and waking up screaming from a nightmare in a shuttle with Joker piloting it towards Normandy. He asks what is wrong, and Shepard explains a nightmare of a rogue mentally deficient AI that created a simulation of an expedition going to Andromeda and the experience of it was worse than the actual reaper invasion.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Finished ME 2 and on to ME 3 which is the only one I've never finished nor done any of the DLCs. Just done one priority mission, but now done Leviathan and currently on the Omega DLC. Enjoyed Leviathan, but Omega is very good so far.

Still have a lot of hours left, but kind of sad knowing that the series is reaching its conclusion now and ME: Andromeda is what the followed this up with. What the actual fuck. How do you take the groundwork of this series and make that game? How inept do you have to be?

Hopefully that teaser they showed is ME 4. Somehow it starts with Shepard being back and waking up screaming from a nightmare in a shuttle with Joker piloting it towards Normandy. He asks what is wrong, and Shepard explains a nightmare of a rogue mentally deficient AI that created a simulation of an expedition going to Andromeda and the experience of it was worse than the actual reaper invasion.

This is Bioware, it will probably be a prequel with Kei Leng as the star

• 1Truth!
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Goonsquad Officer
I liked the theory that me 3 was just showing Shephard slowly indoctrinated, not reality. So like four would be the other crew trying to redeem him and undue reaper endgame.

But sadly bad writing was the intended plan

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The writing in ME 1 and 2 was astonishingly good. I dont know what happened in 3.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Mass Effect Writer(s) Drew Karpyshyn
Mass Effect 2 Writer(s) Mac Walters Drew Karpyshyn
Mass Effect 3 Writer(s) Mac Walters

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 8 users

Jozu

Drew karpyshyn is amazing. No wonder why.

I even read the ME novels he wrote, the one with Anderson and Saren was good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
it is a bit jarring going from ME1 to ME2, like you go to the Citadel and you can't just wander around freely on the Presidium levels, you are stuck to a tiny office. Flying around the universe is kinda cool in a tiny model SR2 but the scanning / fuel / probe mechanic is a lot weirder and not as quick as the ME1 system. I do like the story beats, although the situations where you only have a few seconds to react with paragon/renegade choices are odd considering usually you can just sit and think about what to do.

Insanely fast load/save times on PS5 (xbox) are great though, a few times I fucked up a choice I just insta reload and save scumm my way to Virgin Shepard, the Paragon who follows the Pence rule and will not take an away mission without at least one other man present (no homo). Sorry Miranda, your genetically enhanced titties hold no power over me.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Having never played ME1 before I find myself struggling with the combat a bit and the general painful running speed. Maybe I remember ME2 through rose-tinted spectacles but I recall the combat felt more significant. If I shot someone I really got the sense I put a slug in their bracket. There's a real disconnect with ME1 combat. The power wheel feels way too fiddly to use mid-combat as well, I'm fairly certain I had the abilities mapped to L1, R1, L1+R1 for ME2 and ME3. Or maybe I'm just getting mixed up with Borderlands...

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
The power wheel feels way too fiddly to use mid-combat as well, I'm fairly certain I had the abilities mapped to L1, R1, L1+R1 for ME2 and ME3.
I’m having the same issue with ME1. I open the powers wheel and click the button that says map or whatever but nothing happens and I can’t figure out how to make a button shortcut for it on my controlller. Every time in combat if I want to use an ability I have to open the wheel and manually select it.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I believe 1 power gets mapped via the wheel to LB or RB - open window hit A or X to map.
A border shows up around the power you mapped.

I ended up pulling the wheel up to use powers most of the time.

Jozu

The running full speed at and then meleeing enemies in ME1 is hilariously janky but effective as fuck lol.

It is all fucked up with distance and landing it reliably, but if you do run right at them and hit them once or twice they are dying. Not the alpha enemies but almost all run of the mill enemies get wrecked by the basic melee. Its strange. The AR with overkill and good mods is very good as well. I used to love pistol but Im using AR in this now.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
The running full speed at and then meleeing enemies in ME1 is hilariously janky but effective as fuck lol.

It is all fucked up with distance and landing it reliably, but if you do run right at them and hit them once or twice they are dying. Not the alpha enemies but almost all run of the mill enemies get wrecked by the basic melee. Its strange. The AR with overkill and good mods is very good as well. I used to love pistol but Im using AR in this now.

Run speed and fatigue is terrible in this game.

Vorph

It should be the same on all gamepads. Square to map instead of X, but you still use the power with a quick press of R1 instead of holding it down to open the wheel. Only being able to map one power is nigh useless anyway, so you might as well just use the wheel for everything. It's hard enough to target exactly what you want even with the wheel up, trying to use powers without the game paused is terrible for anything but stuff like Barrier or Shield Recharge. Even on PC and playing with kb/m because gamepad controls are a complete abomination in ME1 I don't use the 1-8 hotkeys for anything that requires a target.

• 1Like

Vorph

Meant to ask this a while back, but is anyone else having fairly bad performance in some parts of ME1? Most of the time it's ok, except that Freesync does not seem to function at all in the game (if I turn Vsync off, as you always do with Freesync, I get massive amounts of tearing everywhere). Driving the Mako around on planets is pretty awful though, and not because of the Mako itself--I'm talking about constant micro-stuttering and occasional full-on stuttering. Inside missions/Citadel/Normandy, FPS is locked at 100 and never deviates, so it's definitely a planetside thing.

Also, I've had to do the "load a savegame just before becoming a Spectre" thing like half a dozen times now because Spectre HMW__ gear keeps disappearing from the vendors. That normal for everyone? I was under the impression from reddit when the workaround was first discovered that you only had to do it once and it would stick.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
In general my framerate ME1 was fine except for 1 spot. On Virmire when you open the cell with the fucked up people inside and it triggers a dialogue/cut scene. When that scene ends my frame rate just dies. We're talking single digit fps. To fix it I had to load a save before triggering that scene and then I had to skip it.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finiished ME1 in around ~30 hours. Finished M2 in around ~40 hours.

Both really well done. ME2 definitely substantial step up. Moving on to ME3.

• 1Like