Mass effect Remastered - Legendary Edition - 2021

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Not just that but the Protheans being such a big aspect of ME lore.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
2 is my favorite of the series from a gameplay and overall direction. But it definitely felt fucked at the end.

“Wait, we did all that just to fight the collectors when we’re well aware that the real threat is still coming? Why are we splitting up the team I just spent all game assembling after one mission?”

1 had the better rpg elements but the gameplay/mako was definitely jank.

3 was just carrying water from 2’s gameplay improvements but a blatantly dogshit story with stripped out rpg/decision elements.
Go watch Ocean's Eleven or Stalag 13 and then understand what they were going for with ME2.

The final battle sucked from a lore perspective: "The Reapers, the most feared race in galactic history, look this way not because we are designed to but lucky for us we were convert from bad ass looking fish guys: The Human Reaper will be a Giant Terminator in the Sky. We may give him a cape. No we didn't think this through."

Bringing home one of the most successful and beloved franchises in modern history, someone said: "I know, lets give this way too little dev time and FUCK THE LORE. ORDER EXTRA MEMBERBERRIES TO COVER THE GAPS. ALSO THREE DIFFERENT COLOR ENDINGS." The game felt like it paid off the series pretty well but its easy to look back and say this now, its like a farewell tour through the ME universe. Casey and whathisface were salting the earth so they couldn't do any more games when they were gone and breaking their toys as they left. The white board said it all. I have that somewhere, I may dig it out for this thread.

Multiplayer with MTX was also a sour taste but I guess all the cool kids were/are doing it.

That it was so bad and people were so pissed they spent the money to fix it, because Bioware wanted to "do more" with the universe, i.e. make more games when the whole universe was built around one threat that we just resolved. They then proceeded to SJW and system fuck ME Andromeda by not understanding either games or game players.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Multiplayer with MTX was also a sour taste but I guess all the cool kids were/are doing it
Only retards spent rl cash on multiplayer booster packs, I remember them being absurdly expensive when you could earn packs just fine from normal gameplay. The only time a 'whale' had any real in game advantage would have been the first week or two of release because they would have had access to the Salarian Engineer to carry people through easy gold runs, or show off with a Valiant/Black Widow.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I played the shit out of multiplayer and never spent a dime. It was probably the best part of the whole damn game. It surprised the hell out of me with how much fun it was.

When It was first announced I hated the idea and wanted then to not waste resources on it. Now, I wish they had brought it back and expanded it with the LE release.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Argarth

On the verandah
Just finished ME 1. Now I understand what all the fuss was about. The last few hours in particular, right up to that epic finale, riveting stuff.
So happy I was able to experience it for the first time remastered.
Onward to ME 2!

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I played the shit out of multiplayer and never spent a dime. It was probably the best part of the whole damn game. It surprised the hell out of me with how much fun it was.

When It was first announced I hated the idea and wanted then to now waste resources on it. Now, I wish they had brought it back and expanded it with the LE release.

Was so done with the game after the shitshow it ended up being I never did the multiplayer, which I regret since everyone talks about how great it was

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Just finished ME 1. Now I understand what all the fuss was about. The last few hours in particular, right up to that epic finale, riveting stuff.
So happy I was able to experience it for the first time remastered.
Onward to ME 2!
first 5minutes of me2
kenan-thompson-shocked-meme-eyebrows-raised-5v2av5d0agqj5wfx.gif

• 4Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 7 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was so done with the game after the shitshow it ended up being I never did the multiplayer, which I regret since everyone talks about how great it was

The MP was pretty awesome. They kept introducing new maps/difficulties but the real fun was the flexibility you had with all the various classes and multiple build choices.

• 2Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The MP was pretty awesome. They kept introducing new maps/difficulties but the real fun was the flexibility you had with all the various classes and multiple build choices.
It was a poorly balanced shitshow and was somehow incredibly fun in spite of that. Why those fuckheads refused to ever address the #1 player complaint (and instead pretty much taunted us about their refusal to address it) is beyond me.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It was a poorly balanced shitshow and was somehow incredibly fun in spite of that. Why those fuckheads refused to ever address the #1 player complaint (and instead pretty much taunted us about their refusal to address it) is beyond me.
What was the #1 player complaint?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
How to admit you never played ME3 multi without saying you never played ME3 multi.
My brother in Christ the amount of death I wrought upon the world with my black widow would drown your contemptable failure of a life in blood.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My brother in Christ the amount of death I wrought upon the world with my black widow would drown your contemptable failure of a life in blood.
The fact that you got snarky instead of just saying 'sync kills' backs me up.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The fact that you got snarky instead of just saying 'sync kills' backs me up.
git gud

But seriously, I spent almost all my time on gold/platinum as infiltrator and didn't have to deal with sync kills that much and never spent that much time reading whine forum threads about the game. Whenever I rofl'd around as vanguard I played on easier modes partially because of sync kills.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
git gud

But seriously, I spent almost all my time on gold/platinum as infiltrator and didn't have to deal with sync kills that much and never spent that much time reading whine forum threads about the game. Whenever I rofl'd around as vanguard I played on easier modes partially because of sync kills.

I pretty much played solely on Salarian Engineer until they released the N7 Slayer/Paladin/Fury then the game went off the scales awesomeballs.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
my point exactly

Well, they addressed it. They made one class that was immune to them so they pretty much intended for them to be in-game.

I might be misremembering but couldn’t you save a teammate from a sync kill if you used a rocket launcher and killed the mob before it finished the animation?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well, they addressed it. They made one class that was immune to them so they pretty much intended for them to be in-game.

I might be misremembering but couldn’t you save a teammate from a sync kill if you used a rocket launcher and killed the mob before it finished the animation?
Who cares what they intended? When 99% of gold/plat matches are Geth (the only enemy without a sync kill), it speaks loudly as to how hated sync kills are. Fuck they could have at least made Krogan immune to sync kills, considering their other restrictions.

Yes a quick rocket could stop a sync kill.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It’s all coming back to me now you mention matches. Yeah, most were either Geth or Cerb.

You never wanted to get Collectors in Plat. Fuck those Praetorians.