Mass effect Remastered - Legendary Edition - 2021

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
still think the whole ME story was 2nd only to Witcher 3 as far as story that actually felt movie-ish for me. Definitely had some moments at the end of 3, for some reason I felt connected to my shep, especially after the second. Lots of shit happens , decisions mattered … there wasn’t much of that Going on back then In RPGs was there ?
There are without a doubt 4-5 (32-50 episodes) seasons of shows there, or 3-4 movies. At least. I can't believe no one has made this yet, other than the alien characters requiring so much special effects.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
rumor is amazon is in early stages of a mass effect TV show, but after wheel of time... do not want

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
rumor is amazon is in early stages of a mass effect TV show, but after wheel of time... do not want
In-Goblet-Fire-movie-when-Cedric-Diggory-father-repeatedly.gif

sad spider man GIF

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If the showrunners and writers of The Expanse (SciFi show rescued by Amazon) were involved I might be optimistic.

I really hope Apple TV does not fuck up Wool. Foundation was disappoint.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If the showrunners and writers of The Expanse (SciFi show rescued by Amazon) were involved I might be optimistic.

I really hope Apple TV does not fuck up Wool. Foundation was disappoint.
"rescued". A post mortem we'll never get, but it's really hard to ignore that that the seasons funded by Amazon were distinctly worse.

• 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Who cares?

You already know it's going to end like Game of Thrones and no matter how good it is will turn to complete shit once Kai Leng shows up

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Apparently the remastered trilogy with all the jazz is currently free on prime.

Prime Gaming

Get it while it's hot..

Looks like I might be a whole bunch of other games as well. I guess this is some sort of prime day promotion, so I have no idea how long it's going to last.

Edit:

Ir was a pain in the ass to link my Amazon account to stupid origin, which I don't think I used in eons, but it was successful. Didn't pay a dime for one of the greatest trilogy of games ever.

Wanted to pick it up on steam during the summer sale but hell I'll take it for free all day long.

IMG_20220712_193221591_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Apparently the remastered trilogy with all the jazz is currently free on prime.

Prime Gaming

Get it while it's hot..

Looks like I might be a whole bunch of other games as well. I guess this is some sort of prime day promotion, so I have no idea how long it's going to last.

Edit:

Ir was a pain in the ass to link my Amazon account to stupid origin, which I don't think I used in eons, but it was successful. Didn't pay a dime for one of the greatest trilogy of games ever.

Wanted to pick it up on steam during the summer sale but hell I'll take it for free all day long.

View attachment 421687
thanks. Linking prime and origin and claiming it was pretty painless. Doubt I'll ever play it though.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
thanks. Linking prime and origin and claiming it was pretty painless. Doubt I'll ever play it though.
For some reason I just had a very hard time getting my accounts to sync up. Ended up having to reset my password a couple of times, and I still couldn't get it to work. Ended up having a link it over to Google email account, and that finally worked for me. Don't know why but maybe it's just stupid origin.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I picked this up for $30 recently in PS4 box-set form. Was pretty excited for it because the initial ME trilogy is one of like, five or so games/serieses that I still have a ton of nostalgia and warm fuzzy feelings about.

Then I quickly realized that another of those things was the Bioshock trilogy. I replayed that at the end of 2020 and just felt disturbed by the whole premise and the parallels I could now see with the modern world. Whatever wistful nostalgia I had for Bioshock disappeared quickly and now I've got no real feelings for that series.

So my point is, I can have fond magical memories of something, but if I revisit things in the modern era, it seems to heavily tarnish the memories. Dunno if this is normal, or if I need a therapist. Either way I don't think an ME trilogy replay will be what I think it is, and I might want to leave the memories alone with my favorite games going forward. Held off on getting the Chrono Cross remaster for the same reason.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I picked this up for $30 recently in PS4 box-set form. Was pretty excited for it because the initial ME trilogy is one of like, five or so games/serieses that I still have a ton of nostalgia and warm fuzzy feelings about.

Then I quickly realized that another of those things was the Bioshock trilogy. I replayed that at the end of 2020 and just felt disturbed by the whole premise and the parallels I could now see with the modern world. Whatever wistful nostalgia I had for Bioshock disappeared quickly and now I've got no real feelings for that series.

So my point is, I can have fond magical memories of something, but if I revisit things in the modern era, it seems to heavily tarnish the memories. Dunno if this is normal, or if I need a therapist. Either way I don't think an ME trilogy replay will be what I think it is, and I might want to leave the memories alone with my favorite games going forward. Held off on getting the Chrono Cross remaster for the same reason.

Amen to that.

Happens whenever I fire up any games I loved in the 70s or 80s. Pretty much zero depth although the challenge is usually higher than most games from today due to having to be pixel perfect in your execution and having zero saves.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
lol never realized it, the opening intro to Mass Effect is a homage to Top Gun and Casey replied to someone who figured it out

if you've never played the remaster (LE) its on EA Play, gamepass, etc and is fantastic, one of my favorite games of last year

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Argarth

On the verandah
Didn't get into the originals, partly because ME1 was console only at first (never owned one). When I finally got around to the Demo for ME2, it was so long after release that it looked really scuffed to me at the time, so I sorta went "meh" and it dropped completely off my radar.

Picked up ME: Andromeda a few days ago on Steam Sale, threw a bunch of mods at it, and after learning about all the tedious stuff to avoid (thanks YT!) I had a pretty good time. Just finished the campaign last night, and now that it's over, I really want to go back into space lol.

Downloading this now (still on sale), and will likely throw an even bigger truckload of mods at it before I start. Andromeda did something right... it got me into the ME universe after all.

• 1WTF
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Didn't get into the originals, partly because ME1 was console only at first (never owned one). When I finally got around to the Demo for ME2, it was so long after release that it looked really scuffed to me at the time, so I sorta went "meh" and it dropped completely off my radar.

Picked up ME: Andromeda a few days ago on Steam Sale, threw a bunch of mods at it, and after learning about all the tedious stuff to avoid (thanks YT!) I had a pretty good time. Just finished the campaign last night, and now that it's over, I really want to go back into space lol.

Downloading this now (still on sale), and will likely throw an even bigger truckload of mods at it before I start. Andromeda did something right... it got me into the ME universe after all.

Man, you're in for a treat. While Andromeda had a plenty of bad press it was still pretty playable but compared to ME2 and ME3 it's in distant dogshit place.

ME2 is a pretty damned awesome game and while the story for 3 was massively divisive it was still a solid game.

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Man, you're in for a treat. While Andromeda had a plenty of bad press it was still pretty playable but compared to ME2 and ME3 it's in distant dogshit place.

ME2 is a pretty damned awesome game and while the story for 3 was massively divisive it was still a solid game.
1681318894789.png

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users