Mass effect Remastered - Legendary Edition - 2021

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
The ending. THE ENDING. <Col Kurtz>
Everyone hated Kai Ling but I always killed him too fast to really hate him too much. It was full retard anime Sci Fi Ninja, though. Dev Tank was on FULL E at that point. Anyone have the screenshot of the MYSTERY!!!White board or whatever? Holy fuck those guys could have had a tragic 80's slow rock #1 hit about how bad they fucked that up. "Different colors! Mystery! The internet will love the 8 year journey that has all been to taste the rainbow! Fuck us!" No really, Fuck you.
Animated GIF
GIF by hero0fwar

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The ending. THE ENDING. <Col Kurtz>
Everyone hated Kai Ling but I always killed him too fast to really hate him too much. It was full retard anime Sci Fi Ninja, though. Dev Tank was on FULL E at that point. Anyone have the screenshot of the MYSTERY!!!White board or whatever? Holy fuck those guys could have had a tragic 80's slow rock #1 hit about how bad they fucked that up. "Different colors! Mystery! The internet will love the 8 year journey that has all been to taste the rainbow! Fuck us!" No really, Fuck you.
Animated GIF
GIF by hero0fwar

Kai Leng's bullshit plot armor kept him around for the entire second half of the game.

It's also great how the central theme of the game ended up being organics vs AI, even though that only came up as a minor subplot with the Geth and Quarians. Make peace between them? Well FUCK YOU, because now the game's telling you that's not possible so pick a color, Faggot

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It was more than just Kai-Leng, the whole game was non-stop sloppy and amateurish writing. Pretty sure every meaningful moment involved legacy characters that had already been written instead of new stuff from the ME3 writers.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's also great how the central theme of the game ended up being organics vs AI, even though that only came up as a minor subplot with the Geth and Quarians. Make peace between them? Well FUCK YOU, because now the game's telling you that's not possible so pick a color, Faggot

That right there is what pissed me off the most. The whole sloppy end was bad, yeah, but I was fucking invested in Legion and the whole bringing the Quarians on board and helping them reconcile.

Then it's like, welp, you can kill the Reapers but you also fuck all other inorganics or you become an inorganic hybrid. Either one essentially invalidates/cheapens the whole plot arc from ME2 and ME3 to that point.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not to mention the Quarians apparently never made a single attempt at diplomatic communication with the Geth after the events of ME1, they just gambled their entire fucking species in a crazy all-out attack on Rannoch. And their insane plan to commit surprise genocide on the Geth actually would have worked if the desperate Geth hadn't been able to get Reaper help in the form of a magical Reaper algorithm.

Honestly if it weren't for the fact that the civilian fleet (meaning the vast majority of their race) was forced into the invasion with no choice, the Quarians would deserve to be wiped out by the Geth.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Things you didn't hear during the covid shutdown:
  • I'm about to do another full replay of mass effect!
  • I'm about to do a rewatch of game of thrones!

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Kai Leng's bullshit plot armor kept him around for the entire second half of the game.

I guess I just block out Teenage Anime Space Ninja. I barely remember him except for killing him in What's His names' office near the end.

I am going to have to go back and check but IIRC I always made peace between the Quarians and the Geth.

Mass Effect 3 is just about paying off the first two games: 'Member this? 'Member that? 'Member these guys? 'Member this (seemingly meaningless) decision?

Looking back on it you can see where it all started to go wrong, where they started to cut corners, where they started to cash in but in the moment, too me at least, I was hard to tell until the ride was coming to the end and the boy from the beginning showed up again that we were all fucked and they were asking us to pick a color. "This isn't cake, THIS IS BULLSHIT."

In retrospect, after the first game it was dying and crashing all along. I still love every part of it and the universe and may start a replay having talked about it this much. I can't wait for the next one which hopefully is good and not Rings of Power/Sequel Trilogy bad.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I loved ME1. The atmosphere was cool. The decisions you had to make felt big…let the queen bug live or die, since they never resolved in the first game I had this feeling of “holy shit how is that decision going to change the sequel”. The ending was epic as fuck.

Then I played 2 and it was actiony, with more annoying characters. None of of ME1 decisions really came up, that I could remember. While it was a smoother playing experience it was just missing what made the first game feel so cool. Then I got to the last boss and was like wtf is this shit. Beat it and felt really let down.

Never touched the series after 2. ME1 was definitely a cool game though.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I loved ME1. The atmosphere was cool. The decisions you had to make felt big…let the queen bug live or die, since they never resolved in the first game I had this feeling of “holy shit how is that decision going to change the sequel”. The ending was epic as fuck.

Then I played 2 and it was actiony, with more annoying characters. None of of ME1 decisions really came up, that I could remember. While it was a smoother playing experience it was just missing what made the first game feel so cool. Then I got to the last boss and was like wtf is this shit. Beat it and felt really let down.

Never touched the series after 2. ME1 was definitely a cool game though.
Agreed, ME1 felt epic and like a 90’s fantastic sci fi game or tv series.

• 2Like
  • 2Truth!
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
2 is my favorite of the series from a gameplay and overall direction. But it definitely felt fucked at the end.

“Wait, we did all that just to fight the collectors when we’re well aware that the real threat is still coming? Why are we splitting up the team I just spent all game assembling after one mission?”

1 had the better rpg elements but the gameplay/mako was definitely jank.

3 was just carrying water from 2’s gameplay improvements but a blatantly dogshit story with stripped out rpg/decision elements.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lol but boy oh boy was he the GOAT.

Nothing beats them finding out they thawed out the Archie Bunker of the Prothean race.

He's one of the best things about the game and it was such a slimeball decision to cut him out to package as dlc. Mechanically speaking Zaeed was one of the strongest AI companions in ME2 but he and Kasumi had almost no dialogue at all. Javik has full dialogue for everything because he the game was written with him as a party member from the start.

• 1Solidarity