kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Update on changes, most of it seems pretty good to me:

"The more content you complete across the entire trilogy, the more likely you’ll be prepared for the final fights in its conclusion"

1617749583218.png

• 1Rustled
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
"The more content you complete across the entire trilogy, the more likely you’ll be prepared for Marauder Shields, the only thing even remotely resembling a final boss in the game."
ftfy

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Without MP I'm interested in seeing how the player is able to build up War Assets.

Because, yeah, the grind was real and had super consequences in the endings.
Well presumably they just default your readiness to 100% in the absence of multiplayer.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Without MP I'm interested in seeing how the player is able to build up War Assets.

Because, yeah, the grind was real and had super consequences in the endings.
Basically it looks like you get war asset credits for completing stuff in the previous games so if you do a lot of stuff in me1 and me2 you get a ton of war assets in me3. If you just skip to me3 it sounds like you need to do all of the things.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Basically it looks like you get war asset credits for completing stuff in the previous games so if you do a lot of stuff in me1 and me2 you get a ton of war assets in me3. If you just skip to me3 it sounds like you need to do all of the things.
Multiplayer didn't give you assets (unless you prestiged a LOT), it upped your readiness score. Your default readiness score was 50%, so if you didn't play multiplayer at all your war assets would be halved at the end. In one of the patches they lowered the assets needed so that it was easier to get the best ending without playing multiplayer.

With multiplayer being left out of the remake entirely, they will most likely be removing readiness entirely and rebalancing war assets around them counting for 100%, although it's not impossible they'll do something stupid like add a minigame as a way to get your readiness to 100%.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Man these games. The first one was so cool, loved it even though it was kind of slow paced. Then that ending was epic as fuck. Then played the second and the pacing was better but they got rid of a lot of weapons/armor tinkering that I liked from the first one. Overall it was better experience then the last boss I was just like wtf was that and it killed my interest in the series completely and I never played the third. Heard it was good though!

• 2Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Haha the hilarious thing is somehow I wound up with garrus as my romance partner without ever really realizing that was what was happening. Sharing a romantic fist bump. My friend watching was like um did we just seduce garrus and I am like maaaaybeee.

I intentionally made Garrus my love interest. =P

• 2Faggotry

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
My dad seduced the dwarf in Dragon Age just so he could send me updates and pics.
Romancing Varric was one of the more memorable aspects of DA. Most all of his lines were hilarious.

DA1 - Solid overall story, environment, combat could be as complex if you spent too much time min/maxing.
DA2 - Lots of great characters, smaller stories, very, very linear path. Overly automated combat, especially towards the end. I remember basically watching my guys kill the last boss, save having to click a button halfway through.
DA3 - Fuck you, farm this same area for 10 hours.

From my memory 10-13 years ago. With how well Anthem went, I don't suspect we'll ever see a DA4, and that's likely for the best.

Mass Effect kind of did the same "progressive" thing. They streamlined too many things. MA1 was great. MA2 was better, but much more linear, and gutted things that were fun about the first (dropping into planets). MA3 mobile-gamed the shit out of certain things.

• 1Seriously?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't suspect we'll ever see a DA4
Not only is DA 4 still in active development, EA supposedly caved and removed the multiplayer/live service stuff that was planned for it. Which is funny because the lack of monetization options is supposedly what got DA 4 development halted the first time around.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I dunno why all these Bioware games have so many fucking sidequests. Modern games have too many sidequests in general, even an otherwise great game like HZD has a zillion side quests and most of them are bad.

DA3 would have been a great game with less stupid sidequests and less annoying companions.

• 4Like