May users have a personal thread in the rickshaw?

May users have a personal thread in the rickshaw?

• Yes

Votes: 271 66.6%
  • No

Votes: 136 33.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I didn't think I would have a problem with this decision but look where we are ....

I am not being obtuse. I was very goddamn direct. I said it with no equivocation, there will be no personal threads in the rickshaw.

I am not being obtuse now. You aren't seeing all the implications. It shocks me that you are an engineer and can't see ripple effects from every decision.

I guess all this time i spend designing shit for the 0.01% event makes we really want to just prevent the 0.01% event. Here we can, but don't because... i don't know.

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
I do not care if someone wants to be a <insert whatever sort of wanker/gash> they want in a sandbox. We are all grown up MORE or LESS ..... RIGHT??

I voted yes.
What is the harm in letting children play in a sandbox? Especially adult children? Give a voice to all, no need to gag anyone by dafault IMHO. If there is one, a REAL and MATURE. practical reason, other than personal like/dislike, so be it.

Revisit at ANY time though, at the discretion of Suni/admins/mods. ONLY Their discretion if they feel it is too much trouble cleaning and replacing the sand because of too many children are soilingor throwing it out of the sandbox, because THEY are in chaaarge.

IMHO Someone HAS to be in REAL charge because nobody will have the #$&$#% fooking patience to micromanage a whiny bitchocracy with so many crybabies here.

To those complaining so much about Suni, I humbly ask you PLEASE contemplate this seriously: Who here DOES have the patience to do the above ?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
yeah, any time i hear anyone complaining about tanoomba, its because of things in that thread. i almost never pay attention to that thread, because every time i do poke my head in there all i see is stupid bickering and shitposting (and tanoomba didn't seem to be the only culprit).

the only other thread i've ever seen tanoomba shit up was his personal thread in the shaw.

otherwise, every time i've seen him post anywhere his posting style was indistinguishable from any other average poster on the board. excepting the retro gaming thread, in which he is undeniably the best poster and well above average.

a warning and then a thread ban probably should have been the first moderator actions.

Yeah I think thread banning is a good option here. It's less severe overall which means you can make it longer. Rather than a 3 day RRP maybe a 10 day thread ban. If someone gets retarded you've still got RRP and other avenues available.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
in a way i sympathize / can relate to tanoomba. anyone on this board that doesn't follow the Atheism thread is probably pretty confused about why there's a lot of people here that dislike me. a difference might be that i feel a little ashamed for some of the stupid last-wordism arguments i've gotten into in that thread, and i've since corrected my behavior. but still.

the way someone acts in one thread isn't reflective of their behavior overall, and its part of why its awesome that xenforo has a threadban feature.

• 3Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I guess all this time i spend designing shit for the 0.01% event makes we really want to just prevent the 0.01% event. Here we can, but don't because... i don't know.
And I thought I was doing the same thing in a different manner! I thought I was going to rehabilitate @Mist and @Tanoomba into posting for real.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Tanoomba doesn't just do that shit in the Gamergate thread

Again speaking from your ignorance.

Tanoomba's antics started almost the moment he appeared, in particular in the Trayvon Martin threads back in the first summer Rerolled existed.

We're on year 4 of this shit, and he only gets worse as time goes on.

Not better.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
As a general statement, I too support temporary thread bans where applicable.

• 1Like

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
a_skeleton_03, you've done a fantastic job all things considered and I do think we're headed in the right direction with this new democratic forum. There is one small bit of advice I'd like to offer in regards to your new rickshaw thread naming policy and that is that this will make a terrible heachache for the mods and yourself in that now you'll have to police the very idiocy the rr means to contain and that could draw valuable amod attention from the more deserving forums. Don't you think there aught to be some place where if people are feeling stupid or are actually stupid they can act out without fear of persecution? It is the Internet after all.

Yours in good faith,

Picasso

Seconded, fantastic job indeed Suni!

Do not burn out on the tards!

If the tards raid and soil the sandbox, as Picasso says, just change whatever you NEED to change! DUMP the sand without making anyone need to wade into it. Keep things sane for the REST of the 99% people that VALUE admins and mods work!! Executive powers, seriously. Keep your workload manageable and do not be wieghted down playing democracy games because of tards. The hard work and time shows and is appreciated!

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
This thread has to be making Tanoomba 10x harder than watching his wife with other men

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Well some threads are much better when people don't have the ability to edit their posts.

/ +1 jew star

835832-1418927617.gif
;)

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
That's what I'm saying, no need to fuck with the Jugs playground. Come up with better punishments. This was a big reason I was fed up with Tuco's approach to habitual thread derailers. (though to be fair he has the right stance on the Shaw)

Thread banning seems like a good solution, if they don't get the hint from that, and they won't, push up the punishment to discouraged poster.

There has to be some solution to people ruining threads, but it shouldn't be something that ruins other posters enjoyment of an area of the forums.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Because when I encouraged people to use ignore, they told me they "didn't want to miss a thing" and that "ignore is for pussies" and then proceeded to turn threads with the person I have on ignore into a days long battle with that person.

Why do you continue to defend Tanoomba when he is a toxic person who adds nothing but conflict to this community?
Who says I am defending him?

Do you feel like your new stance on the ignore feature leads you to believe that moderators should be more hands on in this community?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Should Tanoomba be allowed to continue to destroy the Gamergate thread without any repercussions, as was the norm when you were ruler of the land, Tuco?

Status
Not open for further replies.