May users have a personal thread in the rickshaw?

May users have a personal thread in the rickshaw?

• Yes

Votes: 271 66.6%
  • No

Votes: 136 33.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Also, not allowing user threads in the shaw is some nazi modding BS. We clearly need new mods and leadership.

I'm joking of course.

iannis

Musty Nester
Tanoomba is a complete dipshit both in the shaw and outside of it. I choose to believe it's an internet persona because I have never seen anyone SO resistant to incorporating new thoughts. He thinks he speaks a hidden truth. He's worse than a dog with a bone, because the dog will bury it or hide it sometimes and then forget about it and go back to the business of being a dog.

But you know what, that's fine too. It makes me giggle a little bit when someone tries to sincerely engage him -- and watching him play the same semantic games that he's played every single time someone tries to sincerely engage him. He's kind of like a warning beacon or something. "Yeah, it's a big world and there's a lot of people in it. These kind also exist."

He seems to gain something out of posting here, he seems to be content with posting mostly in a few threads -- one of which is just for him and him alone (basically), in the shaw. So I mean.. why not? I don't hate the guy. I just think he's one of the most intellectually dishonest people I've met. But you never know... he might be just fine to hang out with. The internet is a different beast.

And mist... I really don't know why yall shit on her. Besides for she won't show us her coochie, and who moans like a woman. But lets be honest, it'd be less fun if she did show us her coochie. She's a bitter lesbian... which by definition means that she is a woman and will probably complain like one when she decides to complain. Enjoy that, I say!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
It was fixed so that they can see only that forum and no other. It doesn't change the fact that they can still tag and quote people.

but they can only quote posts that were already in the shaw, right?

and yeah, i'm aware tagging is a separate issue there.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It was fixed so that they can see only that forum and no other. It doesn't change the fact that they can still tag and quote people.

If they fuck around give them a xx day ban.
It's amazing to me the things that can be issues, but i guess when you have a guy that'll click jew on every post in the forum you have to take a hard line sometimes. But I'd rather see it done with the shitbirds themselves than the forum and with temp bans instead of perm

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
but they can only quote posts that were already in the shaw, right?

and yeah, i'm aware tagging is a separate issue there.
They can always log out and see it from another tab as unregistered and do it manually, I would.

Luckily Tanoomba right now is too dumb to do so.

Code:
[QUOTE="pharmakos, post: 1606423, member: 946"]

He doesn't know that if he just types in the post and member information manually it will link properly.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
If they fuck around give them a xx day ban.
It's amazing to me the things that can be issues, but i guess when you have a guy that'll click jew on every post in the forum you have to take a hard line sometimes. But I'd rather see it done with the shitbirds themselves than the forum and with temp bans instead of perm
So you are then going to infract them for actions in the rickshaw ..... the very thing you don't want to happen ....

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If people aren't getting a suitably entertaining dose of schadenfreude from my thread, then I will stop posting bullshit.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
They can always log out and see it from another tab as unregistered and do it manually, I would.

Luckily Tanoomba right now is too dumb to do so.

Code:
[QUOTE="pharmakos, post: 1606423, member: 946"]

He doesn't know that if he just types in the post and member information manually it will link properly.

is there a way to just straight up disable quoting in the shaw?

• 1Faggotry

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
don't follow the gamergate thread, but i find it hard to believe that anything Tanoomba did in there was worthy of a permaban over an RRP.

This is actually why your opinion is irrelevant.

What he has done and will continue to do to that thread is ban worthy on literally every forum and internet community on the planet including 4chan

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So you are then going to infract them for actions in the rickshaw ..... the very thing you don't want to happen ....

If you have a user that tags every member of the forum in a post non stop in the rickshaw then ban him for 7 days instead of removing tagging from the rickshaw.

Are you a professional misunderstander?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Should be easy enough just to change the code that generates the alerts to ignore all alerts from posts in a certain forum. I can't see how it wouldn't be.

Edit: Or, sort of along the same lines as Picasso's suggestion, remove it from members of the RRP group only. That, also, shouldn't be too hard, given that you know who the user is and should be able to get their list of groups from there as the alert is being generated.

khalid

Unelected Mod
what sorts of things in your opinion would require punishment by banning? i'm okay with permabans for people doing illegal shit on the boards. i don't follow the gamergate thread, but i find it hard to believe that anything Tanoomba did in there was worthy of a permaban over an RRP.

I'm not talking about a permban.

I'm saying that if someone needs to "take a break" to "have a good weekend" to calm down the shitposting but they aren't going to have a good weekend because they can shitpost up in the shaw, the only alternative is to give them a 3 day ban or something.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I come here to watch the many users display each of their special snowflake brand of retardation. Whether it's naked bananas, jew stars, semantic circles, obsessive hate for another, stupid babymommas, etc. etc, that's the show, it's like people watching at a park full of severely socially handicapped.

How people can get annoyed over the fabulous cornucopia of all these varieties of mental illness I do not know. It's glorious!!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
is there a way to just straight up disable quoting in the shaw?
In the shaw? Not that I know of without an addon and we might have to pay for one to be custom made to ensure the rickshaw is how people like it.

If that's what we want let me know and I will have a quote done up.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
If you have a user that tags every member of the forum in a post non stop in the rickshaw then ban him for 7 days instead of removing tagging from the rickshaw.

No I am aware of all the intricacies of the software and how it affects more than just you so saying "well just don't go in the shaw" isn't a solution.

I am a serial loophole finder.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>

So in 7 days he can do it again?

Are you a professional battered spouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.