May users have a personal thread in the rickshaw?

May users have a personal thread in the rickshaw?

• Yes

Votes: 271 66.6%
  • No

Votes: 136 33.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not talking about a permban.

I'm saying that if someone needs to "take a break" to "have a good weekend" to calm down the shitposting but they aren't going to have a good weekend because they can shitpost up in the shaw, the only alternative is to give them a 3 day ban or something.

yeah, noomba really should have just logged off for a few days instead of shitposting up a storm in the 'shaw. i even told him so. its his prerogative if he doesn't log off, tho... but it would have been nice if he had been able to keep it contained to his personal thread.

In the shaw? Not that I know of without an addon and we might have to pay for one to be custom made to ensure the rickshaw is how people like it.

If that's what we want let me know and I will have a quote done up.

nah don't bother shelling out cash for it, i was just trying to come up with an easy solution.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
No I am aware of all the intricacies of the software and how it affects more than just you so saying "well just don't go in the shaw" isn't a solution.

I am a serial loophole finder.

Ok, fuck around all day disabling tags for a problem that doesn't exist yet to accommodate the absolute worst attention seeking dipshits so you don't have to do something you can already do easily and probably will have to do anyways.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I'm not talking about a permban.

I'm saying that if someone needs to "take a break" to "have a good weekend" to calm down the shitposting but they aren't going to have a good weekend because they can shitpost up in the shaw, the only alternative is to give them a 3 day ban or something.

If all they are doing is posting in the shaw and not abusing shit like alerts, the correct action is "do nothing "

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
what sorts of things in your opinion would require punishment by banning? i'm okay with permabans for people doing illegal shit on the boards. i don't follow the gamergate thread, but i find it hard to believe that anything Tanoomba did in there was worthy of a permaban over an RRP.

I don't know if he should be banned, because everyone adds some flavor here that's important to making the community. That said he's been derailing and shit posting in the GG thread for two years now. It's crazy.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Ok, fuck around all day disabling tags for a problem that doesn't exist yet to accommodate the absolute worst attention seeking dipshits so you don't have to do something you can already do easily and probably will have to do anyways.
So you are saying I should have banned him instead? GASP without the vote of the people?!?!

Which is it? Dictator or hands off?

How can I please you?

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
When was "shit posting in the shaw" a thing? On the old forum people got up in arms of the slightest moderation of the shaw so it was a free for all for the most part.

If you don't like it, stay out of the shaw. How and why is this even a thing?

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
So you are saying I should have banned him instead? GASP without the vote of the people?!?!

How can I please you?

eGU2MjVzMTI=_o_general-idi-amin-dada-general-idi-amin-dada.jpg

I told you, you should be Idi Admin, swing the machete, take some limbs, the rest will follow in line

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know if he should be banned, because everyone adds some flavor here that's important to making the community. That said he's been derailing and shit posting in the GG thread for two years now. It's crazy.

yeah, any time i hear anyone complaining about tanoomba, its because of things in that thread. i almost never pay attention to that thread, because every time i do poke my head in there all i see is stupid bickering and shitposting (and tanoomba didn't seem to be the only culprit).

the only other thread i've ever seen tanoomba shit up was his personal thread in the shaw.

otherwise, every time i've seen him post anywhere his posting style was indistinguishable from any other average poster on the board. excepting the retro gaming thread, in which he is undeniably the best poster and well above average.

a warning and then a thread ban probably should have been the first moderator actions.

• 2Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I really liked when they had to talk it out with the doctor and have him sign off on their ability to come back out of the RR when they learned their lesson.

Can we do that? My vote is for that.

• 1Like

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm

How can I please you?

Obtuse is very annoying. I think it is a learned skill with government employees? Everyone here tries to answer with a question to pass the buck.

You can hold a vote if you want. I doubt you'd have any problems just like you prob wouldn't have any problems if you sent sterling a message with jew tags. Blatant intentional abuse is one thing, shitposting is another.

Remember that guy who game up some code that fucked up the shaw and so draeg disabled code in shaw? Why not just temp ban that dude I always wondered and surely he'd stop.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
There is a simple solution to all this. a_skeleton_03, just make the "Post Reply" button move on a MouseOver event if you are currently rickshawed. Everyone gets their old rickshaw and no one who is rickshawed can post. Perfect solution.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Obtuse is very annoying. I think it is a learned skill with government employees? Everyone here tries to answer with a question to pass the buck.

You can hold a vote if you want. I doubt you'd have any problems just like you prob wouldn't have any problems if you sent sterling a message with jew tags. Blatant intentional abuse is one thing, shitposting is another.

Remember that guy who game up some code that fucked up the shaw and so draeg disabled code in shaw? Why not just temp ban that dude I always wondered and surely he'd stop.
I didn't think I would have a problem with this decision but look where we are ....

I am not being obtuse. I was very goddamn direct. I said it with no equivocation, there will be no personal threads in the rickshaw.

I am not being obtuse now. You aren't seeing all the implications. It shocks me that you are an engineer and can't see ripple effects from every decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.