Mayans MC

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Mayans MC

Genre: Crime, Drama

First aired: 2018-12-01

Creator: Kurt Sutter, Elgin James

Cast: J. D. Pardo, Emilio Rivera

Overview: Set in the aftermath of Sons of Anarchy, Mayans MC focuses on the struggles of Ezekiel “EZ” Reyes, a prospect in the Mayan MC charter on the California/Mexico border. EZ is the gifted son of a proud Latino family, whose American dream was snuffed out by cartel violence. Now, his need for vengeance drives him toward a life he never intended and can never escape.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Think I'll give this a wide berth, Stutter really fucked up SoA and hasn't done anything decent since The Shield.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Yea SoA took a heavy nose dive the last few seasons, don't have high hopes for this

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Yea SoA took a heavy nose dive the last few seasons, don't have high hopes for this

That last season was some of the worst TV ever - fucking hell...Can't believe i watched it, I mean it got really bad when the IRA and shit became involved in season 2 or 3 etc- fucking nightmare it really was super spastic shit...LOL that Jax in Ireland shit was filmed in LA - fucking doh. Ireland's green as hell and quite cloudy dreary, rainy countryside and grey as hell, ..Didn't have the budget to go Ireland. so lets just make Ireland like LA - like it's super sunny in Ireland and they have condos on the beach and shit. . You really couldn't make it up.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I never finished SoA, I got about 2/3rds through the final season and decided I just wanted everyone to die and didn’t care how it needed anymore. Turned every character in a wretchedly irredeemable piece of shit. Sad as the show started off with some real promise.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
how many songs will Gemma sing every episode in this new show

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
have a little politics with your 1% biker gang show

Kurt Sutter: ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Spinoff will Address ‘Extreme Conflict’ at the Border

“We never comment on it, right, but for the show to be authentic we have to address it because it’s right in our face,” Kurt Sutter said in an interview with TheWrap. “So they address the issues that they’re faced with on a daily basis in terms of legalities, and you know the extra pressure, the difficulty coming in and out — like all that stuff is real.”

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I watched every episode of SoA; it started suckling hardcore around the Ireland season. This is going to be worse.

Hard pass.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I felt it really jumped the shark when the CIA got involved. That and keeping Clay alive as long as they did -- really required a lot of stupid story manipulation.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I never finished SoA...
hqdefault.jpg

don't

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Won't watch. Last couple seasons of SoA are pure trash.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
At least with the mayans they can go for the literal motorcycle jesus.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I never finished SoA, I got about 2/3rds through the final season and decided I just wanted everyone to die and didn’t care how it needed anymore. Turned every character in a wretchedly irredeemable piece of shit. Sad as the show started off with some real promise.

If you want to know the ending...

Basically Jax decided to make the club "legit" by personally murdering like 45 people in the final season alone, then finished it off by riding his motorcycle into a black and white cartoon semi. Oh and Gemma killed Tara with a turkey fork for some reason.

D5Nz.gif

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

Basically Jax decided to make the club "legit" by personally murdering like 45 people in the final season alone, then finished it off by riding his motorcycle into a black and white cartoon semi. Oh and Gemma killed Tara with a turkey fork for some reason.

D5Nz.gif

I like to think Jax survived that crash and lived on as a paraplegic in endless agony as payment for being so fucking stupid.

• 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

D5Nz.gif
i skipped the last season and a half, too stupid. why is the truck approaching Jax super slow from the truck's PoV, but is speeding toward him like a locomotive fromn Jax's pov? doesnt he see the cop in his lane? why isnt he stopping or veering to the side of the road? WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SHIT??

i saw the trailer for mayans, looks weak. they should have made it about mexican vampires

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
Saw the first episode, it wasn't terrible. Its not "great" by any means, and Kurt keeps ham fisting stupid shit in but its still mildly entertaining. Some interesting stuff especially on the mexican side but it really feels badly written when it comes to the rebels - god that was SO stupid - and the cartel itself. That is one terrible... terrible... terrible cartel in manpower, protection, fear, everything. Also his brother's reveal at the end was just incredibly retarded.

Sadly I think the show will just get stupider as the season progresses so unless you have a ton of time to waste its really not worth a watch. It repeats all the tropes of these kind of shows, and everything seems super predictable from why he went to prison, what happened to his mom, why his dad is doing what he is, what the cartel is gonna do, etc. If it was in the hands of better writers and a showrunner you could maybe think some real unpredictable shit will happen but not with Kurt Sutter.

its a bummer this isn't on HBO or Showtime, show would go up 2-3 points with some fine mexican titties and ass

like the main actor, he seems better than Jax. His ex-gf is on Into the Badlands and pretty great in that, she was also on Counterpart I think

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database