McGregor vs Mayweather - Aug 26

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Cool of Mayweather to offer that up. Not like he needs the advantage of 10oz gloves anyway.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Which is the only reason he offered it in the first place.

Bingo.

Paulie Malignaggi coming out and testifying against Conor McGregor's power in boxing gloves doesn't do much to excite, either.

Conor is going to hit Mayweather with his best shot and its just not going to influence the fight with the gloves. People are having trouble stomaching the fact there might not even be a puncher's chance in this fight. I believe Paulie is telling the absolute truth when stating Conor's power is nowhere near Amir Imam.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Bingo.

Paulie Malignaggi coming out and testifying against Conor McGregor's power in boxing gloves doesn't do much to excite, either.

Conor is going to hit Mayweather with his best shot and its just not going to influence the fight with the gloves. People are having trouble stomaching the fact there might not even be a puncher's chance in this fight. I believe Paulie is telling the absolute truth when stating Conor's power is nowhere near Amir Imam.

I would say it's even lower than what Malignaggi is saying since he came out to Conor's camp, he's not gonna be like "WHOA He's a wimp!!!", but he's gonna be "neutral" cuz he wants to keep that relationship and basically be the only person "on the inside", no one else has this luxury atm (i mean he worked for it by being a two time champ and able to coherently commentate, of course), but he's in the position to do so, and he's not going to fuck it up by saying.

"Conor hits like a wet noodle!!!"

nor is he going to over embelish Conor either.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
whelp nvm, looks like Malignaggi is a SJW wimpy ass snowflake and can't take online trolling.

he quit after these showed up on social media
"And I do want that sparring video released. The UFC's PI definitely has that video. I understand it can't come out now, but Conor, if you have any balls, release what really happened."

god what a pussy, like he didn't know he was being used as a photo op.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Look at the timestamp on the photos. Paulie says hes out within 15 minutes of it being posted.

Says he won't expose Conor, but goes on to expose him in the full article I linked below. Goes into some pretty major detail for someone who said he isn't going to take it there.

Malignaggi told ESPN on Wednesday that he felt like he was set up a bit by McGregor and the UFC. He flew into Las Vegas from his hometown of New York on Monday night and was penciled in for 12 rounds of sparring Tuesday — with an unexpected crowd at the UFC Performance Institute, including UFC president Dana White and former UFC owner Lorenzo Fertitta. Malignaggi said it was a very physical session, which has been backed up by McGregor’s team and Joe Cortez, the referee brought in.

"Lot of violence," Malignaggi said. "I went in there to prove a point. I didn't like the fact I had to fly across the country on Monday, and they have me scheduled for 12 [rounds] on Tuesday. I thought it was a little bit of a setup.

"Usually all sparring is private. I show up at the UFC headquarters and [former owner, Lorenzo] Fertitta is there. [UFC president] Dana White is there. So, I'm thinking these guys are thinking they'll catch me right off the flight, set me up for him to look good in front of his audience. I didn't like that. I kind of went in with a chip on my shoulder.”

Update: Paulie Malignaggi leaving Conor McGregor’s training camp after sparring photos leaked

Above average power to average power in 3....2...1....Here we go! *Goldie*

Twitter chin-checked him hard. How rich is this...

Ultimately, I feel bad for Paulie. They kept sticking a camera in his face. Blogs and media sites were so thirsty, at the food court and the mall trying to eat a hotdog, he couldn't go anywhere without some MMA or Boxing dude sticking a camera in his face. Podcasts blowing up his phone. His manager calling him telling him X Y Z wants to interview him, etc. A whirlwind just overwhelmed the guy.

Despite all this, Paulie seems to not be cognizant of the fact that he has talked to media nonstop about Conor all week. Punch drunk? Autism spectrum disorder?

2 pics VS 100 interviews. Gotta go with Team 2 Pics. No two-way street about it!

Last edited:

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Boxing sparring partner of Conor's saying that Conor has zero chance. Clip of them sparring

Pretty obvious Paulie got used to hype the fight up, but let's not forget this clip of Conor. No amount of sparring within such a short time will turn him from this flaming pile of trash to a world ranked boxer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone who has followed boxing knows Paulie loves to be in front of a camera. That being said, I don't blame him. These guys are incredibly prideful, dude is sticking up for himself, it's not surprising. Two photos painting the guy in what he swears is a misleading light, good for him. None of this surprises me. Shit if anything, good for him speaking out on the McGregor sparring. I hope it makes some people who were possible customers think, and not buy this sham of a fucking event.

Floyd is 40, and it's going to be shocking how much cleaner he is in every aspect of pugilism.

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
His upper back and shoulder commitment on the shots he does throw, and his need to be within clinching distance to retaliate-- after 1 minute of inactivity with the guy barely goosing him. He seems completely lost on punching technique without 4oz gloves. That type of body commitment would seem to indicate he is having trouble with his confidence and comfort with the gloves. I've never seen anything like it. I can't explain that any other way.

It scares the shit out of me.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yea, Paulie is some dumb shit that still thinks this is "Boxing", no retard, it's a spectacle. Both Floyd and Connor know it, they're both trying to make as much bank as possible, and it doesn't matter what tiny peon they have to step on to do it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Pretty obvious Paulie got used to hype the fight up, but let's not forget this clip of Conor. No amount of sparring within such a short time will turn him from this flaming pile of trash to a world ranked boxer.

Yeah, but what if conor does a training montage?

Checkmate

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Nah. Use this one...

You're the best...arooooooooound!

• 1Worf