McGregor vs Mayweather - Aug 26

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Connor won't go full MMA. If he does he forfeits his purse and PPV shares. It's in the agreement.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I had a dream of Conor being knocked out by a jab like justin trudeau.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Goatface

think there could be a big chance of connor to commit some fouls
due to his lack of experience, not a full blown kick, but forearm/elbow in the clinch or something

surprised not to see prop bets of connor getting warnings or point deductions

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

"He's like a little bratty girl".

"This little girly... he's emotional like a girl".

"It's that emotional trait."

"I don't complain."

Then click this timestamped comment from Jeff Mayweather for the belly laugh.

Aside from the bullshit, one of Mayweather's sparring partners said he's been going for knockouts on him in sparring.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
it's like i said, Paulies just a bitch, he's now come to realized he was played like a bitch. The only reason Conor Mcgregor brought in a TWO TIME world champ, was so that he could take still photos of Paulie being a bitch.

sure, Conor will release the "full video"

AFTER the ppv, i mean who really gives a shit after that.

It's actually a bonus that Paulie is such a bitch that he's hyping up a fight between Conor v. Floyd, FOR FREE, he's a double bitch.
(so that Conor and Floyd can just train and not bother w/ interviews, hype)

This is actually the best case for Conor, he has a big talking idiot, hyping the fight for him, so he can train.

Conor learned his mistake at UFC196, he was just a mega hype train vs. Nate, all he was doing was "eating steak all day" and doing that movement shit... then he got subbed.

for UFC202, he was next to nil press and eeked out a boring ass win.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This fight cannot be taken seriously. Mayweather actually has a BETTER chance at winning with smaller 8 oz gloves, not the other way around. Floyd reacts extremely well when he is hit, which is very uncommon in boxing. If you watch him, when he is hit with a quality power punch, or actually gets hit square, he doesnt outwardly react, except if he smiles or laughs it off, and usually IMMEDIATELY counters. Ive never seen the guy get pushed around and punched for consecutive salvos. The only two guys who KIND of did that was Jose Luis Castillo, and Oscar DeLaHoya, but neither ever really hurt him or put him in danger of being knocked down never mind out.

So when you consider guys usually land like 18% of their punches against him, and he also somehow limits output of volume punchers by master ring generalship (notice he very rarely gets cornered, and he can cut off the ring with ease, while other fighters cant seem to figure it out and just chase guys around) McGregor has zero chance. There is no evidence, actually there is evidence to the contrary, which I just slightly touched on, that says Mayweather has a soft chin. Even if Connor lands a good punch Floyd IS NOT GETTING KO'D.

On the other hand all Floyd has to do is belly punch and jab for the first few rounds to give fans their moneys worth, and then will TKO him in the 7th or 8th round.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
1. Ortiz was doing serious damage until the fiasco, so I'd him to that list. Again, it only made it to 4 rounds and he's an idiot for what he pulled both being the aggressor and getting KO'd.
2. 196 was a lesson in poundage more than anything. Diaz was significantly heavier than Connor, and just weathered the storm. He learned he couldn't beat a fat ass by exerting that much energy against him.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I don't understand how the fuck that show is still on. Those 2 are absolutely worthless

• 1Worf

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
What are the odds looking like now. Only one I found has conor down to +350. That doesn't seem right.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
from the first presser, looks like Mcgregor meant it when he said he's bringing Paulie in and "he'll answer for it", so it wasn't to spar it was to make him look like a putz.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

William Hill, which took three $50,000 wagers on McGregor on July 24. McGregor represents a liability of substantially more than $1 million dollars to William Hill and an upset by the UFC star could result in the book’s largest payout ever in Nevada.

McGregor leads the ticket count by a 25-1 margin at Caesars, where 90 percent of the money is on the Irishman.

CG Technology sports book took a six-figure bet — its largest on the fight to date — on Mayweather at minus-550 over the weekend and the Westgate sports book has taken two six-figure wagers on Mayweather over the last 10 days

At CG Technology, 93 percent of the tickets are on McGregor and 75 percent of the money is on Maywe

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
So McGregor has a lot of people putting small bets on him for the off chance that he wins somehow (other than those 3 clowns putting 50k on him) and the rich smart people are happy to put their big bets on Mayweather even though the payouts aren't going to be huge (I dunno how payouts work based on odds and stuff since I don't bet sports so not sure what -550 would mean for a 100k bet)? Not really surprised by those stats.

Jive Turkey

Karen
So McGregor has a lot of people putting small bets on him for the off chance that he wins somehow (other than those 3 clowns putting 50k on him) and the rich smart people are happy to put their big bets on Mayweather even though the payouts aren't going to be huge (I dunno how payouts work based on odds and stuff since I don't bet sports so not sure what -550 would mean for a 100k bet)? Not really surprised by those stats.

An easy way to remember is that it's all based on 100. If someone is +400 underdog, it means if you put $100 down, you'll win your money back plus $400. If someone is a -550 favourite, it means you have to put $550 down to win your money back plus $100

• 1Like