McGregor vs Mayweather - Aug 26

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I just had a buddy of mine watch Conor in Toronto today and told him it was like watching Stone Cold on one of his better nights. Aside from yesterday, that was some really good shit.

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Possibly even a QO who knows. He was the cream of the crop. Balanced, unbalanced, it doesn't matter he was better than everyone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
The first one in Toronto is alright. The other one was boring. They just keep shouting the same insult over and over again.
Floyd: HE'S A QUITTER! FIGHTER'S DON'T QUIT!
Conor: TAKE OFF YOUR HIGH HEELS YOU ILLITERATE FUCK!

K. Not following any of the other pressers.

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
I'll be rooting for Conor, but it won't surprise me if he gets taken out by the best defensive boxer of all time. I think Conor can potentially make it past a low round count however.

In a real fight or MMA match, it's true that Mayweather wouldn't have a chance, but in a fight with specific rules that he's been doing since he was a kid, was declared to have the best defense of all time, 15 titles in 4 different weight classes, and has only fallen off a bit? He's still undefeated right? I think he's got a pretty big leg up there.

I'm not a boxing or PPV fan but I'll be watching this with popcorn just for sheer entertainment/comedic value.

EDIT: which is exactly what they wanted and why they put on this farce. But I'll eat it up anyway.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Goatface

Prop Bets
mLlffUI.jpg

PPV Buys
  • OVER 4.99 Million -200
  • UNDER 4.99 Million +140
Will Conor McGregor Throw A Kick In The Match?

• Yes +1100
  • No -6500

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
In a real fight or MMA match, it's true that Mayweather wouldn't have a chance, but in a fight with specific rules that he's been doing since he was a kid, was declared to have the best defense of all time, 15 titles in 4 different weight classes, and has only fallen off a bit? He's still undefeated right? I think he's got a pretty big leg up there.

Everyone is rooting for Conor as the underdog, myself included.

That doesn't mean we aren't buying the fight solely to see if Mayweather has a finish left. Believe that no educated man is buying this for Conor's puncher chance. Floyd says RD4 TKO. With 10 oz gloves vs 8 oz its a tossup.

Szlia

Promoters sure know how to do their job.

I overheard a conversation about the fight today between two guys. Both followed neither boxing nor MMA and were talking about how McGregor is younger and has a longer reach and how Mayweather is old, was certainly very very good, but is probably not as good now... one of the guy thought McGregor would win and the other wondered if he would be able to not kick Mayweather (see above) and be sent to jail for assault. They also thought all the trash talking was a bit lame, and that the whole show around the fight was a bit over the top.... I did not butt in, but, guess what guys, it's because promoters are good that this event that, from a sport point of view is retarded, gets talked about by you and me, people who don't give much of a damn about the sport and that is that reach that will generate a silly amount of pay per view and a silly volume of bets. And you know what bookmakers like? People who bet on things they know nothing about.

It's a bit like poker and how it's in the benefit of good poker players to have as much bad players as possible entering the pool.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Everyone is rooting for Conor as the underdog, myself included.

That doesn't mean we aren't buying the fight solely to see if Mayweather has a finish left. Believe that no educated man is buying this for Conor's puncher chance. Floyd says RD4 TKO. With 10 oz gloves vs 8 oz its a tossup.
Wait there's a glove weight handicap?

Goatface

unless something crazy happen, they both should be in 10oz
147+ have to wear 10oz, 147 and lower 8oz
apparently Conor was wanting to fight at 147 to wear 8oz.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's not shocking that our reality TV nation is so easily hyped with manufactured drama and promotion. It is kind of sad, though.

Unless the fight is scripted, and they start some crazy WWE shit, this fight is going to be boring as fuck from a competitive standpoint.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I don't watch fights (especially boxing) to watch a competition. I watch to see someone get their asses kicked. I'm pretty sure I'm going to see someone get their ass kicked.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't watch fights (especially boxing) to watch a competition. I watch to see someone get their asses kicked. I'm pretty sure I'm going to see someone get their ass kicked.
Uh... have you ever seen a Mayweather fight? I'm pretty sure you WON'T see someone get their ass kicked. Whole lot of pillow fighting.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Uh... have you ever seen a Mayweather fight? I'm pretty sure you WON'T see someone get their ass kicked. Whole lot of pillow fighting.

Probably not. Last time I watched boxing willingly was when Roy Jones Jr was doing well. Floyd was probably still on his way up back then.

That's disappointing if true. But I'm going to watch anyway.

Goatface

looks like the odds are swinging back to Floyd

July 9

Mayweather -550
McGregor +375
July 12
Mayweather -500
McGregor +350
July 18
Mayweather -550
McGregor +375
July 19
Mayweather -600
McGregor +400

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
looks like the odds are swinging back to Floyd

July 9

Mayweather -550
McGregor +375
July 12
Mayweather -500
McGregor +350
July 18
Mayweather -550
McGregor +375
July 19
Mayweather -600
McGregor +400
what news happened?

Szlia

Probably the smart people thought it could not realistically go further toward McGregor so they placed their bet.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I don't follow betting much. Is there a realistic chance of it getting up to +1000 on mcgregor?