McGregor vs Mayweather - Aug 26

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
235d17c8345ee439565b18e88a805ee3.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
McGregor is going to get wrekt. But I will be watching for the off chance McGregor gets pissed and lays into Mayweather with some knees and elbows.

Yeah this is the most exciting possible outcome for what will undoubtedly be an otherwise boring fight- and there is pretty much no chance of this happening.

If this was an mma fight, Mayweather wouldn't stand a chance. Since this is a boxing match, Mcgregor doesn't stand a chance. 12 rounds... Mcgregor doesn't have great cardio.

Chances are Mayweather plays it safe and scores points with shuck and jive until Mcgregor starts to tire in later rounds. That's when Mayweather will come in looking for the KO. He'll probably get it. Sadly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ryanz

<Banned>
This is boxing we are talking about with potentially hundreds of millions of dollars on the line. The fight is already fixed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is boxing we are talking about with potentially hundreds of millions of dollars on the line. The fight is already fixed.

Normally I'd agree with you, but what the hell would the fix be? I can't see Mayweather taking a dive under any circumstances. Mcgregor taking a dive would be pointless because everyone expects him to lose anyway.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
If Trump can win the presidency and the Cubs can win the World Series, then Mcgregor can win.

MAGA

• 2Like

Ryanz

<Banned>
Normally I'd agree with you, but what the hell would the fix be? I can't see Mayweather taking a dive under any circumstances. Mcgregor taking a dive would be pointless because everyone expects him to lose anyway.

12 rounds of Mayweather winning the decision on points, but Mcgregor giving enough of an effort to leave the question in the back of everyone's mind. Boom, Mayweather vs. McGregor 2 next year with more $$$$

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
12 rounds of Mayweather winning the decision on points, but Mcgregor giving enough of an effort to leave the question in the back of everyone's mind. Boom, Mayweather vs. McGregor 2 next year with more $$$$

I could see that. Everyone saves face. Everyone makes millions. Setup for Part 2. This is why I stopped watching boxing in the first place. MMA so much better in this regard.

• 1Like

Ryanz

<Banned>
Then if you really want to get crazy with the conspiracy...After already beating Rocky Marciano's record in the previous fight, Mayweather takes a dive in the second fight. Why? Because him, and all of his buddies put all of their money betting on Conor. Mayweather can retire, still hold the record, and become even more ridiculously rich than he already was.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
People who have some stupid ass conspiracy theory that every boxing match is rigged are clearly people who don't watch the sport regularly.

I've seen far more "questionable" decisions/refereeing out of the UFC in recent years than I have in any of the major boxing matches.

Movies aren't real, folks.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ryanz

<Banned>
When it's all said and done my stupid ass conspiracy theory will be more exciting than the actual fight every is going to spend $100 to see.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Going to bet on McGregor, then not watch the fight.

Unless he wins. Then I'll bootleg it and watch it naked.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Then if you really want to get crazy with the conspiracy...After already beating Rocky Marciano's record in the previous fight, Mayweather takes a dive in the second fight. Why? Because him, and all of his buddies put all of their money betting on Conor. Mayweather can retire, still hold the record, and become even more ridiculously rich than he already was.
But instead of taking the dive, Mayweather's ego takes over and knocks McGregor out. Now Marcellus Wallace is pissed and sends Jules and Vincent to kill Floyd. Would make a great movie.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mayweather win via cardio

If it makes it to late rounds, Mcgregor will be so tired Mayweather is going to have a hard time NOT dropping him without it being painfully obvious.

I'm trying to envision a scenario in which this could be a good fight and coming up empty. Even if Mcgregor goes balls to the wall and comes out throwing bombs, that's just not an effective strategy in boxing. Especially at this weight class... Especially against probably the best defensive boxer in history...

If Mcgregor really ramps up his conditioning and does a crash course in pure boxing... he might avoid looking like a fool, but that's about the best he can hope for.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Boxing sparring partner of Conor's saying that Conor has zero chance. Clip of them sparring

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Lol McGregor looked like a fool in that clip. Gonna be a funny fight