McGregor vs Mayweather - Aug 26

Sterling

El Presidente
Besides, you guys are looking at this all wrong. Winning isn't Conor's objective.

Get in. Get rich. Get out.

He tweeted that in 2014. That's been his objective the entire time. This is the big payday he's been working toward the whole time. He's going to get in the ring, look like a fool, walk away with $100 million, laughing all the way to the bank. It's unlikely he will ever fight again after this- in the UFC or in the boxing ring.

More power to the dude. He's a smart man and I don't blame him one bit.
I don't think anyone is suggesting he shouldn't have accepted this travesty of a fight. He's going to be really rich.

Goatface

from espn
Opening odds (Feb. 16)
Mayweather -2500 / McGregor +1100

Current odds
Mayweather -900 / McGregor +600

On May 30, the Westgate took a $50,000 bet on Mayweather at -800
after the fight was made official Wednesday, CG Technology took a $45,000 bet on Mayweather.

Forty of the first 42 bets at Westgate were on McGregor, the biggest a $1,500 wager at +800 odds.

also from Espn - How much money will Mayweather-McGregor make?

Projected PPV sales
Mayweather-McGregor: $475 million....4.75 million buys....$20 million over Mayweather-Pacquiao.

Projected gate
$70.2 million, $2 million less than Mayweather-Pacquiao
Projected sponsorship sales for Mayweather-McGregor: $22 million ($13.2 million Mayweather-Pacquiao)

Projected sponsorship could top $6 million
Mayweather got an additional $1 million from Hublot and FanDuel to be featured on his shorts and $1 million from Burger King to have the King as part of his walking-in entourage. (LOL)
Pacquiao's trunk sponsors were worth $2.25 million to him.

Reebok could in control McGregor's kit

Merchandise sales
Mayweather-Pacquiao: $1 million
Projected merchandise sales for Mayweather-McGregor: $2 million

Estimated Nevada betting on Mayweather-Pacquiao: $70 million
Projected Nevada betting on Mayweather-McGregor: $30 million

Total for Mayweather-Pacquiao: $623.5 million
Projected total for Mayweather-McGregor: $606.1 million

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I can speak on Mayweather with confidence as I used to be a huge boxing fan and watched every single one of his fights live since he faught Henry Bruselles while giving his opinions of the upcoming football game Jim Lampley was discussing. (he rightly predicted the Patriots LOL look it up he literally is in the middle of a professional boxing match commenting on what Lampley and Merchant were talking about ringside as the fight commentators. It was unreal, thats when I knew he was something ...different.)

That was when his nickname was Pretty Boy Floyd and he was knocking guys out. He was a sportscenter backstory highlight at the time getting almost zero exposure. Shane Mosely, Tito Trinidad and a few others were at their peak during this stage, them and DeLaHoya were getting the big money fights.

Floyd just kept quietly winning and building his brand. After knocking out Ricky Hatton in 2007 his career finally took off. He moved up in weight, dtopped the Pretty Boy handle and became "Money May".

Leonard Ellerbe and Al Haymon started to really leverage his star power, using his undefeated record as their life-raft argument and just putting a mic in front of him. He talked more shit than anybody since Ali. The media and public hated him for the most part and he started to embrace the villian role. He would even claim patriotism when needed to sell a fight.

He silenced all of his critics though when he added the scalps of,

Juan Manuel Marquez
DeLaHoya
Miguel Cotto
Canelo Alvarez
Maidana (twice)
Manny Pacquiao

And this is after he had already beat Mosley, Judah, Gatti, Deigo Corrales and Jose Luis Castillo (twice).

The guys resume is unassailable. He is the best defensive pugulist in history. He is one of the best counter punchers of all time. His ring command is legendary, people dont talk about this enough, he can cut off the ring and reduce an athletic stick and mover to a hopeless brawler. He can navigate the perimeters of the ring himself if he wants and can frustrate and evade the most determined seek and destroyers. Or hell just sit in a phone booth with you (watch Canelo fight) and go toe to toe without taking ANY damage.

Canelo Alvarez would brutalize Connor McGregor. He is bigger, stronger, more powerful puncher, and an intelligent boxer. Connor would have zero chance to beat him in a boxing match. He would probably get knocked out.

Floyd DESTROYED Canelo. McGregor doesnt have a fucking chance in hell against Mayweather. Floyd will probably be an asshole and just demoralize him by doing that little straight jab to the stomach that he does over and over. No one talks about it but its an effective punch that scores points and saps his opponents energy and forces them to start to tuck their shoulders in to defend against it after it starts to land. Thats when hell start to open up with those ear hooks and lead right hands and McGregor will be out of the fight before the end of the 4th round.

Floyd might get a TKO honestly because McGregor is going to be SUPER GASSED by the 11th round. Theres no fucking way that guy is going to take rounds and rounds of punishment and be able to make it out of the championship rounds. I wouldnt be surprised if they throw in the towel in the 11th or 12th because Connor wont quit.

Last edited:

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Lets not get it twisted. Floyd is a great fighter, but he hasnt Destroyed anyone since Hatton. lol He wins easy yes, but he doesn't destroy anyone. All of his opponents after his wins are all ready to go clubbing, no one is hurt or beat up.

Jozu

You must of not watched the Canelo fight. He fucked him up pretty good. I actually think there was something wrong with Canelo. Probably because he had to cut weight and was lethargic. Either way Floyd busted him up pretty good. Maybe destroyed wasnt the right adjective, but thoroughly dominated is certainly apt.

The evidence is clear here, look at his face it was badly swollen and he cut him under his left eye. Canelo took A LOT of punches.
180593754.0.jpg

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Where can I wager on this stuff online?

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i've watch clips of ESPN guys say this is a joke and just a cash grab, one guy says Conor won't land a punch...

I mean really? sure it's realistic to say Conor won't win, or he won't go the distance, but not to land a strike?

Are they just not wanting to give the new sport of MMA a chance?

Even Lomechenko took a few rounds to lock down TJ.

Homsar

yea i'm pretty sure that's the marketing team "leaking" footage, no way anny real footage of connor training is gonna leak out w/o sparring partners signing hefty NDAs

or maybe conor is really training dumb, like the conor vs. bj jumping
Whats funny is when that shit was posted it was pointing out ho ready Penn was and he still gassed in a round and a half

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Win or Lose vs. Floyd, Conor McGregor Likely Will Never Return to the UFC

Good article on it. I highly doubt we see him again in the UFC after he fights Mayweather

Fake numbers. Fake news. Not sure if troll or just ignorant. Bleacherreport?

Point blank. I'll say now with absolute certainty we will see Connor at the December defense if thats the plan.

He had to work with the UFC on the Floyd deal, he is not getting paid despite what he says. I'd go with Dana's figure of 25 million payout, tops.

Its not enough to say no to 10 million a fight which is what Connor's contract signed under Lorenzo Fertitta was headed towards ultimately according to Lorenzo's press release which placed a 100 million dollar valuation on the deal, which indicated eventually payouts of 10 million a fight when you did the math. Has he got there yet? Apparently not.

If the Jews Jewed him-- 3 million still pays bills.

****MIC DROP****

Last edited:

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I think you are out of your mind if you think he tops out at 25m.

I will not say with 100% certainty one way or the other if he will get back to the Octagon. But I think between whatever payment he agreed to, and whatever PPV points he gets, he clears $25m quite easily.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
basically sounds like bullshit. mcgregor gets his ass kicked on exchange for massive payday, mayweather keeps his perfect record intact.

i hope people are smarter than this and refuse to pay to watch this.