McGregor vs Mayweather - Aug 26

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
If this was an mma fight, Mayweather wouldn't stand a chance. Since this is a boxing match, Mcgregor doesn't stand a chance. 12 rounds... Mcgregor doesn't have great cardio.
He doesn't have great cardio for a MMA fighter, barely made it through diazv2, and he only out-cardio'd mendes by being a punching bag.

but for boxing? he doesn't have to be on the ground, he doesn't have to watchout for a takedown, he's MORE protected cuz he doesn't have to worry at all about kicks (hands up and headmovement don't mean shit if you're protecting your face while bobbing side to side and getting a sidekick to the head).

Floyd is also a welterweight, fighting at 140 most of the time.

this is conor with his last time at 145
yriVawb.jpg

they're gonna fight at 154, which is basically MMA LW, and Conor's most recent championship.

Hell, Floyd's walk around weight isn't even 150, he's a tiny dude.

he's also an old dude at 40, 12years older than Conor.

Fight night it's going to be 150lb, 40yr old floyd vs. 28yr old 170lb Conor.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
He doesn't have great cardio for a MMA fighter, barely made it through diazv2, and he only out-cardio'd mendes by being a punching bag.

but for boxing? he doesn't have to be on the ground, he doesn't have to watchout for a takedown, he's MORE protected cuz he doesn't have to worry at all about kicks (hands up and headmovement don't mean shit if you're protecting your face while bobbing side to side and getting a sidekick to the head).

yriVawb.jpg

they're gonna fight at 154, which is basically MMA LW, and Conor's most recent championship.

I hear ya. And you are correct that boxing cardio is a less intense cardio than mma cardio. Nevertheless, I suspect McGregor will gas relatively early.

As to the age difference and the slight weight difference, if this was even a relatively close fight otherwise, I would say they might give McGregor an advantage. As it is, they don't really move the needle even a little bit considering the absolutely ridiculous skill advantage Mayweather has.

I'd love for McGregor to have a punchers chance, but it's simply not realistic. I have zero love for Mayweather and I like McGregor, but this is a dog and pony show pay day for both fighters, that's it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Conor has an excellent chin. I think it will go the full 12 rounds. I'd love to see him score a big knockdown or knockout but I think he's just gonna get outpointed every round.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider

yriVawb.jpg

floyd's age isnt going to mean shit for this. Floyd always trains even when retired. He's going to make Connor look stupid. Floyd could be 45 and connor still wouldnt be able to touch him. I dont know if floyd can knock him out, because floyd didnt knock out anyone, but its going to be boring and by round 7 or so, conor is going to be exhausted.

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
floyd's age isnt going to mean shit for this. Floyd always trains even when retired. He's going to make Connor look stupid. Floyd could be 45 and connor still wouldnt be able to touch him. I dont know if floyd can knock him out, because floyd didnt knock out anyone, but its going to be boring and by round 7 or so, conor is going to be exhausted.
I'm fairly sure he could have had more knockouts if he pushed more instead of riding leads and playing defense. If McGregor is aggressive he could end up counterpunched to a reasonably early knockout.

• 1Solidarity

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
lol, Floyd has gotten hit by guys who hit alot harder them connor and took them punches like a champ. There is no way connor even gets close. That video of that 2nd rate boxer sparring with connor made connor looks fucking horrible and floyd is SOOOOOOOOO much better then that guy. Its going to be a joke from start to finish. i know people keep saying punchers chance. Its not happening. Floyd will NOT let it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
lol, Floyd has gotten hit by guys who hit alot harder them connor and took them punches like a champ. There is no way connor even gets close. That video of that 2nd rate boxer sparring with connor made connor looks fucking horrible and floyd is SOOOOOOOOO much better then that guy. Its going to be a joke from start to finish. i know people keep saying punchers chance. Its not happening. Floyd will NOT let it.
yea i'm pretty sure that's the marketing team "leaking" footage, no way anny real footage of connor training is gonna leak out w/o sparring partners signing hefty NDAs

or maybe conor is really training dumb, like the conor vs. bj jumping

Sterling

El Presidente
yea i'm pretty sure that's the marketing team "leaking" footage, no way anny real footage of connor training is gonna leak out w/o sparring partners signing hefty NDAs

Pretty sure that's literally the exact opposite of what a marketing team would want leaked.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
All a product of hype. Wonderfully done marketing. It's like this movie is being made in real life now:

maxresdefault.jpg

I now expect Mayweather to show up fat and eating chicken at ring side right before he knocks out Conor.

Fadaar

That guy
Tempted to put money on McGregor for shits and giggles and a potential big payout for minimal bets

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Pretty sure that's literally the exact opposite of what a marketing team would want leaked.
have you seen the efforts of the current UFC marketing team since they got bought out?

from memory
they make the champ, super tiny
xo8E0kV.jpg

you literally are hurting your neck see who the fuck Aldo is fighting
C_SeLSSWsAAByGy.jpg

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider

thats great and all, but that has 0 to do with boxing.

You have one guy who's bee in boxing since he was born is 49-0. never lost, never been knocked down. Been only stunned what 5 times in his 49 fights,. He's is the best defensive boxer that ever lived going back 100plus years, against someone that has 0 boxing matches. hmmm yeah but he has a punchers chance. ugghh no.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
thats great and all, but that has 0 to do with boxing.

You have one guy who's bee in boxing since he was born is 49-0. never lost, never been knocked down. Been only stunned what 5 times in his 49 fights,. He's is the best defensive boxer that ever lived going back 100plus years, against someone that has 0 boxing matches. hmmm yeah but he has a punchers chance. ugghh no.

49-0 as a professional you mean.

He has lost

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Besides, you guys are looking at this all wrong. Winning isn't Conor's objective.

Get in. Get rich. Get out.

He tweeted that in 2014. That's been his objective the entire time. This is the big payday he's been working toward the whole time. He's going to get in the ring, look like a fool, walk away with $100 million, laughing all the way to the bank. It's unlikely he will ever fight again after this- in the UFC or in the boxing ring.

More power to the dude. He's a smart man and I don't blame him one bit.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users