McGregor vs Mayweather - Aug 26

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
You get points for blocks, you lose points for missing, you get points for accuracy, you lose points for performance..a lot of shots look like they land when they actually just hit glove. I'm guessing Floyd racked up alot of defensive points.
Boxing is gay you say?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
It takes balls stepping to a ring, knowing, you have a very little chance on winning, and knowing you are gonna get rung like a bell.

If Mcgregor's coach is worth his salt, I'm sure Mcgregor got his ass beaten in training, Just so he knows what to expect. Both fighters' brand actually increased after this fight.

• 1Cutler
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Mayweather di dnt look great but his ring savvy and endurance were always the greatest challenge for Conor.

Notice how Floyd straight abandoned his Philly shell defense in favor of a orthodox defensive both hands high approach, always moving forward. That totally fucked up McGregors entire fight plan and sapped his energy. It was actually brilliant to watch, the highest levels of boxing are always interesting imo.

The Canelo GGG fight is going to be insane.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

vGrade

Potato del Grande
It was a good fight. It could have been much worse, like someone said this was actually somehow BETTER than the Pacquiao fight. Thats more of an indictment on Mayweather than it is a compliment to Conor, but still. Mayweather has always been a very careful fighter. He is also a GREAT punch taker, Ive seen that guy get fucking blasted by Shane Mosely, and a few others and he ate that shit. I think Floyd could extend his career if he wanted to because he has such a good chin he would survive after losing his reflexes, unlike RJJ, who ended up having a glass jaw.

Also,my girl blew my mind last night. I was stuck in 2006 internetmode looking for a stream online. I had a Russian one going for a little while, but it died, so she just went on Instagram and we watched the fight with Mero from Desus and Mero on Viceland who just Instagram live streamed while smoking a huge blunt and commenting on it.

It was actually fucking brilliant. He is funny as fuck, he said Conor McGregor corner men look like the mighty mighty bosstones LMAO. But anyway, the days of big PPV buys are over with the introduction of live video social media. You can watch a PPV event for free, with your favorite celebrity or personality commenting like your watching the fight with them, and you being able to comment as well. He was even responding to peoples comments, like someone told him how to fix the stream he had, and he was like lol teamwork makes the dream work.

It was a magical night for me as far as how far the internets have come. Social media has changed the wooooorld.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Mayweather doesn't necessarily have an amazing chin, he just has fucking god-tier balance.

Jozu

Yea that was the worse he was ever hurt in his entire career. He didn't get knocked down and went on to whip Moselys ass so he ate those shots and remained conscious and upright. He was definitely wobbled and maybe should have been counted as a knockdown, but in the end he composed himself and recovered.

Look up the link of him vs Chop Chop Corley, who wobbled him pretty badly as well. But he regains composure quickly. Mosley was 38-0 with 35 knockouts at one point and is a hall of fame fighter and a great power puncher. He was a little past his prime but Floyd taking Mosleys best shots is a compliment to him not a detriment.

And yea his balance and coordination are unbelievable. Anytime you can land 75% of your punches and 54 % of your power shots that shows incredible hand eye coordination to be able to hit the target that often.

Like Lampley said his straight right hand power shot is like a fucking laser.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
It takes balls stepping to a ring, knowing, you have a very little chance on winning, and knowing you are gonna get rung like a bell.

If Mcgregor's coach is worth his salt, I'm sure Mcgregor got his ass beaten in training, Just so he knows what to expect. Both fighters' brand actually increased after this fight.

100 million I would fight naked on PPV. Balls my ass.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
100 million I would fight naked on PPV. Balls my ass.

A guy who not long ago was collecting welfare getting a huge fucking payday is not thinking of fear. In fact his dick probably got hard every time he thought of that payday.

• 2Worf

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Mayweather di dnt look great but his ring savvy and endurance were always the greatest challenge for Conor.

Notice how Floyd straight abandoned his Philly shell defense in favor of a orthodox defensive both hands high approach, always moving forward. That totally fucked up McGregors entire fight plan and sapped his energy. It was actually brilliant to watch, the highest levels of boxing are always interesting imo.

The Canelo GGG fight is going to be insane.

My understanding is he abandoned the philly shell due to facijg a southpaw.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
My understanding is he abandoned the philly shell due to facijg a southpaw.
he told us why he fought different. He waited for connor to get tired, then tee'ed off on him. There was no threat of getting knocked out after the 3rd round. Floyd does NOT take risks, there was no risk involved at that point.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
he told us why he fought different. He waited for connor to get tired, then tee'ed off on him. There was no threat of getting knocked out after the 3rd round. Floyd does NOT take risks, there was no risk involved at that point.

There was no threat of him getting knocked out before the fight even started.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Jozu

There was no threat of him getting knocked out before the fight even started.

Even though Conor deserves credit I have to agree. Floyd ate a viscous uppercut early, once I saw that I knew he wasn't going to be KOd.

Maybe Floyd could of really been hurt if Conor landed an otherworldly left hand but it was always a pipe dream for his supporters.

• 1Solidarity

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Lol at judges giving 2 of first 3 rounds to Mayweather.

That's proof that it was fixed if it went the distance.

Went pretty much as expected, fun to watch.

Pretty drunk for the fight, but why did the ref seperate them for a good 20 seconds when Conor hurt Floyd with that body shot in the 7ish round? Looked clean and Floyd looked hurt for a sec.

There were 2 different times when conor got him good and maybe could have finished him. Once, conor got on his back like a dumbass and the ref broke them up. Apparently that's not allowed in boxing even if you're hitting him square in the face. I don't know, I don't know the rules.

The second time the ref thought it was a low blow. According to the announcers it wasn't, but that's what they said the ref called.

I wound up getting the fight for free. It cut out for a couple rounds and when I called direct TV to see if I could get a partial refund, they just refunded the entire price. The guy I was talking to was a moron and kept calling it a movie. He was like "Your movie should be available for 24 hours can you check and see if it's still available." I went ahead and tried and the channel was blank, so he did a full refund. I didn't feel like explaining it to him and just took my gift.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider

As a professional MMA fighter I doubt it took him much balls to step in the ring for a minimum 9 figure payout win or lose. He's not some bum off the streets he knows how to fight. It was easy video game cheat mode amounts of money.

• 1Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
This was a shit show, Floyd could have easily just saved us all 45mins and taken Conor out in the first.

floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-scorecard.jpg

Boxing is atrocious, look at that fixed scoring, da fuq.

Moretti is the only one that got it right. What were the other two smoking?

• 2Worf

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
You don't seem to understand how this works. His mouth brought so much attention to this fight that he made 30 million. Those two are actually friends and he made a bigger payday in another sport then what he is actually good at. Not bad for a retard.

I'm well aware of how promotion works.

Doesn't make the dumb shit McGregor said any less fucking cringy.

I AM BOXING!

There were 2 different times when conor got him good and maybe could have finished him. Once, conor got on his back like a dumbass and the ref broke them up. Apparently that's not allowed in boxing even if you're hitting him square in the face. I don't know, I don't know the rules.

The second time the ref thought it was a low blow. According to the announcers it wasn't, but that's what they said the ref called.

You're fucking high. At no point was Mayweather in danger of being finished. In fact, McGregor's 'power' was almost as embarrassing as his god awful cardio. The majority of the fight he was throwing pitty-pat punches.

Any B-level boxer would beat McGregor based on his performance last night. Against an elite fighter like GGG or Canelo, McGregor would have been taken out of the ring on a stretcher.

(And before you go full retard on me, I fully agree that most any boxer would get their ass kick in MMA. But that's pointless to even discuss because no top boxer is clamoring that they could do otherwise.)

And yes, it was very obviously a low blow you fucking mongoloid.

Last edited:
  • 3Picard
  • 1Cutler
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Did anyone else feel like this fight was choreographed, rigged as shit? They hyped up this WWF bullshit like the best of them, then "put on a good show". McG looking good first four rounds, smashed in the fifth with what looked like feigned fatigue, came back striking hard in the sixth, then waned in the latter rounds, and the ref calls the fight in the 10th... "Glad I could put on a good show," he says totally coherently. His face was barely even scathed. Yeah. Losing and making exponentially more than his biggest payout in an MMA fight? Flying around on jets together, scheming this shit out. The Vegas odds changing so rapidly, too.

I'm just saying, man.

At the same time I expected some Brad Pitt, Pikey bullshit from Snatch where he cold cocks the fuck out of him in the round he's supposed to lose.

I'll be happy to go back to MMA where shit at least feels real.

• 1Solidarity

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did anyone else feel like this fight was choreographed, rigged as shit? They hyped up this WWF bullshit like the best of them, then "put on a good show". McG looking good first four rounds, smashed in the fifth with what looked like feigned fatigue, came back striking hard in the sixth, then waned in the latter rounds, and the ref calls the fight in the 10th... "Glad I could put on a good show," he says totally coherently. His face was barely even scathed. Yeah. Losing and making exponentially more than his biggest payout in an MMA fight? Flying around on jets together, scheming this shit out. The Vegas odds changing so rapidly, too.

I'm just saying, man.

At the same time I expected some Brad Pitt, Pikey bullshit from Snatch where he cold cocks the fuck out of him in the round he's supposed to lose.

I'll be happy to go back to MMA where shit at least feels real.

Mayweather carried McGregor's ass and just stood there for 3 rounds to make the fight more competitive than it would have been. This fight was a fucking farce from the beginning. Not because it was scripted, but because McGregor had no fucking business being in the ring with Mayweather.

He'd struggle with C and B level boxers with the performance he displayed.

Try this lazy jab against GGG or Canelo and he'd be on the fucking floor.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
A guy who not long ago was collecting welfare getting a huge fucking payday is not thinking of fear. In fact his dick probably got hard every time he thought of that payday.
Did you see the one promotional skit where he was literally hard in his skivvies when they were talking shit to each other? Yeahhhhhh.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'm also calling a rematch, "coming out of retirement" fight in like 3-5 years when Mayweather blows out his wallet.

• 1Worf