McGregor vs Mayweather - Aug 26

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
That's proof that it was fixed if it went the distance.

There were 2 different times when conor got him good and maybe could have finished him. Once, conor got on his back like a dumbass and the ref broke them up. Apparently that's not allowed in boxing even if you're hitting him square in the face. I don't know, I don't know the rules.

The second time the ref thought it was a low blow. According to the announcers it wasn't, but that's what they said the ref called.

Dude...

AhxzmLE.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I'm also calling a rematch, "coming out of retirement" fight in like 3-5 years when Mayweather blows out his wallet.

Not sure you can blow thru a half billion in 5 years. I mean that would be some epic Brewsters Millions shit.

• 1Worf

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Not sure you can blow thru a half billion in 5 years. I mean that would be some epic Brewsters Millions shit.
You'd be surprised what kind of shit you can blow your money on with diversified investments all losing. Just look at banking losses in 2008, or the president. Not to make things political. I mean, if he can't even handle simply paying back $30m in back taxes, while supposedly being worth near $400m, and now acquiring another $3-400m more...something is definitely fucky.

• 1Solidarity

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

You're going to have to get me a still photo of the low blow. The lowest i see in that clip was on his hip on his belt line. If you watched the beginning of the match, old man ref touched their belt lines in the final instructions and said 'here is ok'. Even if that was a little low, it was on his hip. Do boxers take their balls to their hips or something? Besides, I was repeating what the announcers said. I realize they get bums off the street who have never seen a boxing match to announce, and you know more than them. But that is what they were reporting.

I didn't say floyd was in danger of being finished off. The man asked about what happened at some point when conor got a good shot and the ref broke them up. I remembered 2 cases he might have been thinking of. I described them as MAYBE conor could have finished him in order to put them into a broad category together of times when conor seemed to stun mayweather.

Be more specifc my brotha. You talking about the score cards, or did you see a different number of decent shots landed by mcgregor where the ref stopped them right after?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
A tell tale sign that it's a low blow that landed, is when boxers back away, crumple or totally drop their defense. The ref absolutely must step in man. As for the score cards IMO only that 1st round was CM. And THAT was because he landed that uppercut. The next two two rounds were gloves 1st hits, so I can see how they scored it that way. There was no fix on those cards IMO. I can see the argument on both sides. But nothing would suggest a fix IMO.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
You're going to have to get me a still photo of the low blow. The lowest i see in that clip was on his hip on his belt line. If you watched the beginning of the match, old man ref touched their belt lines in the final instructions and said 'here is ok'. Even if that was a little low, it was on his hip. Do boxers take their balls to their hips or something? Besides, I was repeating what the announcers said. I realize they get bums off the street who have never seen a boxing match to announce, and you know more than them. But that is what they were reporting.
More than half his glove is below the belt.

That clip was hilarious and I'm glad I didn't watch this farce. A low blow, Conor grabs Mayweather's back, and a sucker punch before the ref resumed fight. S tier fight right there.

lowblow.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did anyone else feel like this fight was choreographed, rigged as shit?

That's taking it too far. My assumption is that the fight was 'rigged' in the sense that they were really boxing, but had a gentleman's agreement that Mayweather would take it easy on him for the start of the fight so McGregor wouldn't look like a total chump. As it is, all I see anyone talking about is how McGregor is amazing to have stayed in the fight for so long against Mayweather.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
My general thoughts:

Conor did a lot better than I assumed he would, but not as well as most people seem to believe.
He didn't land 111 punches or whatever the number that's being thrown around. He landed ONE VERY clean upper cut, and about a dozen legitimate tags in total. Don't fool yourself with those #s.
The hammer fisting was a little ridiculous, as well as his instinct to get behind his opponent. It was just a lot of downtime.
Mayweather obviously lost the first three rounds, but anyone who knows Mayweather knew this would happen. As soon as he decided to close the distance, he completely controlled the fight.
MMA fights are 25 minutes, and he became gassed by the 9th. Betting man was smart to place a win in the 10th.
Referee ended it exactly when it needed to be ended. No counters, no movement, no defense - he was done, I don't care what he or any MMA broner says.

Overall, it was good to see Mayweather go out in an offensive style.

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
Holy fuck that MAYMAC video is gold. Despite his wealth I pity the retard. It's like he was some boxing robot his dad never let out of a cage

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
More than half his glove is below the belt.

That clip was hilarious and I'm glad I didn't watch this farce. A low blow, Conor grabs Mayweather's back, and a sucker punch before the ref resumed fight. S tier fight right there.

View attachment 152293

The whole night of reffing was atrocious.

Speaking of gentleman's agreement, there was obviously a gentlemans agreement with the referee. No warnings, no fouls, no clean breaks. It looked really dirty and unclean.

Exactly what boxing fans tune in NOT to see in a big marquee fight.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
The whole night of reffing was atrocious.

Speaking of gentleman's agreement, there was obviously a gentlemans agreement with the referee. No warnings, no fouls, no clean breaks. It looked really dirty and unclean.

Exactly what boxing fans tune in NOT to see in a big marquee fight.
I would imagine if it was a legit event Conor would have lost a bunch of points with fouls. The three things that happened within the span of the clip was enough to deduct 1 or 2 points.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That's taking it too far. My assumption is that the fight was 'rigged' in the sense that they were really boxing, but had a gentleman's agreement that Mayweather would take it easy on him for the start of the fight so McGregor wouldn't look like a total chump. As it is, all I see anyone talking about is how McGregor is amazing to have stayed in the fight for so long against Mayweather.

Mayweather, like every other conscious human, knew his only shot of losing was off a boxer's chance punch in the early rounds. He let Conner wear himself out while also gauging his distance. After the 3rd Mayweather seemed to be comfortable enough to go on the offensive at which point Conner's lack of boxing skills started to show. Mayweather is always a boring and cautious fighter and this match wasn't different.

Fedor

<Banned>
Floyd Mayweather nack Conor McGregor - BBC News

Floyd Mayweather don increase im clean record wey dem never win am reach up to 50 fight after im nack Conor McGregor for round 10.

Even though Conor McGregor only begin to box for dis year, dis na di most expensive fight for boxing history.

Di T-Mobile Arena for Las Vegas full well-well with supporters, media people and celebrities wey come watch the fight.

Mayweather don win world champion five times for boxing and dis McGregor na champion for UFC wey dey use hand, head, leg in fact, na di whole body dem dey use fight for inside cage.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Did anyone else feel like this fight was choreographed, rigged as shit? .
why wouldnt i need to be rigged? was it choreographed on Floyds part yet> he knew exacdtly what was going to happen, he know exactly what he was going to do, and he knew exactly how to follow through with it. There was absolutely 0 reason for this fight to be rigged. Floyd is that damned good.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Mayweather, like every other conscious human, knew his only shot of losing was off a boxer's chance punch in the early rounds. He let Conner wear himself out while also gauging his distance. After the 3rd Mayweather seemed to be comfortable enough to go on the offensive at which point Conner's lack of boxing skills started to show. Mayweather is always a boring and cautious fighter and this match wasn't different.

I was super unimpressed with Conor's power throughout the entire bout. He started off with *some* pop, but he became embarrassingly dreadful with the arm punches.

I don't think he could have KO'd Mayweather at any point during the fight.

Last edited:

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Most pro boxers at the highest levels couldn't hope to knock out Mayweather, nevermind someone with zero professional bouts to their name.

Floyd accomplished a hell of a lot in his boxing career. People talk shit about him being a dingbat, as he isn't the most eloquent person, but his ring intelligence is unmatched in boxing history.

He knows where to be and when, in the ring. He takes a few rounds to size you up, figure out his opponents game plan, and then executes his own.

Every single time he was in a tight spot during a round, or at a pivotal point in a championship match, he delivered when he HAD to. Every time he needed a round to solidify a decision, he got it. Every time he was hurt he figured out a way to position himself to survive and go on to win, against the best opponents in the world.

So even if McGregor went out there and was 4 times better than what he showed Saturday, and actually was getting leverage on his punches and put Floyd in some real trouble, Mayweather had the capacity to deal with it and adjust accordingly. Conor could of thrown 750 punches, he could of bothered him with a stout jab, none of it would have really mattered because Floyd is good enough to respond to it, and dismantle his attack.

All he did was wait the fight out. Everyone including Conor knew he wasn't going to be able to compete in the later rounds. All Floyd had to do to adjust in that fight was simply bulldoze his head into Conors chest from the 4th round on, which completely nullified his offensive capability due to clinching and forcing a reset. This also quickened his fatigue accumulation.

Conor never had a chance in this fight, no fix was in besides fooling people to pay 100$ to watch it.