McGregor vs Mayweather - Aug 26

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Mayweather promotions wanted Byrd.

Old man Bob is a fair referee, and is usually very laid back, unlike a Jay Nady who is so fucking excited as he waits to break the fighters up. Was a good fight honestly. I thought Connor was messing with Floyd to great effect by changing angles and stances. He was altering his stance mid punch! And I disagree that he was gassed out after 2 rounds. No way. He won both of those rounds, but he was still quite spry in rounds 3 through 7. He started to slow down at the midpoint of round 6, and had noodle arms in the 7th, but he didnt go out there and blow his load in 6 minutes. He gave Floyd a pretty good fight.

He tried to fight a legendary boxing champion with zero professional experience. I give him a lot of credit. But I knew once they got into the championship rounds he couldnt survive.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Went to a buddies house who ordered the ppv to watch it there. Fight went pretty much how I thought it was going to and told everyone over there. Either A) Conor gets incredibly lucky and actually KO's Floyd early on pulling off one of the biggest upsets ever or B) Conor gases out mid-way into the fight and Floyd wins by TKO (much more likely). I called it with Floyd by TKO round 7, surprised it went on as long as it did tbh. Floyd is definitely tough as nails though. Looked like Conor hit him with a few solid shots early on and it didn't even seem to faze him at all really.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Honestly if I had to tell someone who won this fight, I'd have to say Floyd destroyed Conor. Sure Conor looked good in the first few rounds, but it was all part of Floyds plan. As soon as Conor slowed down it was like watching a slaughter. This fight wasnt even close. Great fight. Now come back to MMA please.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Honestly if I had to tell someone who won this fight, I'd have to say Floyd destroyed Conor. Sure Conor looked good in the first few rounds, but it was all part of Floyds plan. As soon as Conor slowed down it was like watching a slaughter. This fight wasnt even close. Great fight. Now come back to MMA please.

It turned out to be what Paulie said-- Conor doesn't have 12 rounds of boxing in him. What Paulie thought was a "lack of balls", was actually just Conor gassing after more than a few rounds. Sort of confirms Paulie isn't very perceptive since he failed to articulate the actual problem he experienced in those sparring sessions.

Nothing we didn't know from MMA, right? Check those Nate Diaz fights again.

He's a shooting star, that's his trademark. Finish hard finish early or not at all. One of the most interesting styles of fighters to watch, for sure.

• 1Like

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I enjoyed the fight way more then I usually like watching a Mayweather fight and it cemented my liking of MMA over boxing.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
I know this is bullshitty monday morning quarterback shit, but they seemed to play into Mayweather's plan. Why not make the first 5 round boring? Don't push too much action. More or less turn it into a 7 round fight, then implement the game plan? Anyway, Conor should be proud. Held his own for 9 rounds against the best there is in his first fight; nothing to hang your head at. Now will Floyd follow through and do an MMA fight? No chance

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
I know this is bullshitty monday morning quarterback shit, but they seemed to play into Mayweather's plan. Why not make the first 5 round boring? Don't push too much action. More or less turn it into a 7 round fight, then implement the game plan? Anyway, Conor should be proud. Held his own for 9 rounds against the best there is in his first fight; nothing to hang your head at. Now will Floyd follow through and do an MMA fight? No chance

If conor tried to do that Floyd would have destroyed him in points.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If conor tried to do that Floyd would have destroyed him in points.

First 3 rounds, two of them went to Mayweather.

The only thing I can think of is the judges were holding the fouls against him, as most people gave Conor 2 out of 3. He wasn't being "allowed" to score points. I figured the judges wouldn't hold the fouls or warnings against him unless an official point was taken, but it seems they went ahead on their own.

The only sour note of the night was the judging direction. Fortunately it didn't matter.

• 2Solidarity

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Now will Floyd follow through and do an MMA fight? No chance

He's not a retard like McGregor, thinking he can beat someone in their own sport.

I give McGregor props for having the balls to get in the ring, but he definitely couldn't back up his mouth with his abilities.

• 3Picard

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
First 3 rounds, two of them went to Mayweather.

The only thing I can think of is the judges were holding the fouls against him, as most people gave Conor 2 out of 3. He wasn't being "allowed" to score points. I figured the judges wouldn't hold the fouls or warnings against him unless an official point was taken, but it seems they went ahead on their own.

The only sour note of the night was the judging direction. Fortunately it didn't matter.

You get points for blocks, you lose points for missing, you get points for accuracy, you lose points for performance..a lot of shots look like they land when they actually just hit glove. I'm guessing Floyd racked up alot of defensive points.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
basically the strategy I expected, just didn't expect conor to have 8 rounds of stamina in the tank (he was barely standing in 9 onward). He still impressed me though, however he looked massive next to Floyd. shout out to floyd for risking it all for money he doesn't need and for wanting to please people after the Manny defensive fighting that left a lot of people butthurt

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
basically the strategy I expected, just didn't expect conor to have 8 rounds of stamina in the tank (he was barely standing in 9 onward). He still impressed me though, however he looked massive next to Floyd. shout out to floyd for risking it all for money he doesn't need and for wanting to please people after the Manny defensive fighting that left a lot of people butthurt
Oh Floyd definitely needs the money, the IRS is breathing down his neck from the Manny fight still.

• 2Worf

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He's not a retard like McGregor, thinking he can beat someone in their own sport.

I give McGregor props for having the balls to get in the ring, but he definitely couldn't back up his mouth with his abilities.

You don't seem to understand how this works. His mouth brought so much attention to this fight that he made 30 million. Those two are actually friends and he made a bigger payday in another sport then what he is actually good at. Not bad for a retard.

• 7Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Conor talks gas tank problems, says its a long problem for him. Nothing to do with the fight or training.

References Diaz fight.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I enjoyed the fight way more then I usually like watching a Mayweather fight and it cemented my liking of MMA over boxing.

I would say this was more entertaining than Mayweather / Pacquiao.

I give CM some credit, he didn't embarrass himself. Hell, he looked OK.

Mayweather does what he always does...wait for you to get gassed after throwing some hard punches that never seem to faze him. Then whittle you down for a TKO. Although this time let's be real...Connor should have gotten knocked out. He had zero defense before the ref stepped in.

• 2Solidarity

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
It's what I said to my brother last night, MMA is without a doubt more physically demanding than just pure boxing (level changing, shooting), but Conner would probably get exhausted because he's not use to a 12x3 pace, also those lights looked like killers.

But god, watching the idiocy of two people getting tied up, and having someone in their to save them, basically "turtle" from standing, such an incomplete sport.

• 2Worf

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Fuck McGregor and the country he comes from, him holding that flag after like he did something for them but get his ass kicked and make a bunch of $$$$ for himself

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It was a good fight. It could have been much worse, like someone said this was actually somehow BETTER than the Pacquiao fight. Thats more of an indictment on Mayweather than it is a compliment to Conor, but still. Mayweather has always been a very careful fighter. He is also a GREAT punch taker, Ive seen that guy get fucking blasted by Shane Mosely, and a few others and he ate that shit. I think Floyd could extend his career if he wanted to because he has such a good chin he would survive after losing his reflexes, unlike RJJ, who ended up having a glass jaw.

Also,my girl blew my mind last night. I was stuck in 2006 internetmode looking for a stream online. I had a Russian one going for a little while, but it died, so she just went on Instagram and we watched the fight with Mero from Desus and Mero on Viceland who just Instagram live streamed while smoking a huge blunt and commenting on it.

It was actually fucking brilliant. He is funny as fuck, he said Conor McGregor corner men look like the mighty mighty bosstones LMAO. But anyway, the days of big PPV buys are over with the introduction of live video social media. You can watch a PPV event for free, with your favorite celebrity or personality commenting like your watching the fight with them, and you being able to comment as well. He was even responding to peoples comments, like someone told him how to fix the stream he had, and he was like lol teamwork makes the dream work.

It was a magical night for me as far as how far the internets have come. Social media has changed the wooooorld.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Ryanz

<Banned>
The fake smiles and posing from the chicks was pretty funny. They kept having to re position themselves for where the camera was shooting. It was funny watching them. I'd say the UFC ring girls are hotter though imo. Also, being the sarcastic ass that I am, whenever they showed the girls I looked over at my wife and was like, "All of a sudden I'm thirsty for some Corona for some reason.".

• 3Worf