Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries announced.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
It'll be a fun distraction, that's for sure.

Just hoping they don't give up before we get the clans and all of the existing MWO mech chassis in the game so the modders can do great things with them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thread necro. MW4 Mercenaries can't be purchased and I lost my copy many years ago. Hoping 5 is fun....?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hoping 5 is fun....?
I never bought the newest dlc which looks like it was just a mission pack, but the campaign + HotIS was pretty fun. It's probably more flawed than some of the older entries in the series but the up to date graphics and gameplay are fantastic. They implemented cross-platform coop too which was a blast.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I had a complete blast with 5, and so did my son. We played the living crap out of it.

It is also extensively modded, ala Battletech, so even without DLCs you can add a serious amount of depth and breadth to the game as you like.

When you get the twin gauss Clan mech at the end of the vanilla campaign, you know you want more of this.

Edit - there is a Youtuber named Baradul who has a ton of Battletech and Mechwarrior 5 videos showcasing various mods and campaigns if you are wondering if you will like any of it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I occasionally get the itch and load a bunch of mods.

The mods feel like bandaids for the game, though. The core came could have been so much better.

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
I had to mod the game to make it feel fair (increased salvage shares on each mission and removed the tonnage limit) but I had lost interest in finishing it as later missions starting becoming about just throwing absurd numbers of enemy mechs at you while doing the same mission you had done dozens of times before.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Game is, sadly, just bad. Even with a ton of mods installed it's still bad.

Go download Mechwarrior 4 if you really want to play a singleplayer campaign.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You can improve your thread experience by uninstalling Ronne posts.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Mods I'm running atm. Half are really just for MerchTech though. I have more Mods installed but there's only so many you can run without conflicts

Expanded Logos
MerchTechClans
TTRulez_AIMod2
MerchTechV2
MerchTech Compatibility Pack
Mech Bundle
Community Asset Bundle
SMMO_V3_06-Logos
MW5 Compatibility Pack
MoreLevels
MoreCareerStarts_yaml

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I just uninstalled the EGS MW5 and replaced it with the Steam version.

I make poor decisions

1671841978463.png

• 1Worf

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I just can't do the classic designs after seeing the modern ones. I'm a boomer, but I like the new stuff a lot better.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I just can't do the classic designs after seeing the modern ones. I'm a boomer, but I like the new stuff a lot better.

I largely agree.

I remember looking through TROs back in the day and thinking most of the art looked like stuff they commissioned from a non-artist.

The Mods I currently have installed aren't changing the MWO/MW5 Alex Iglesias mech art; I think it's just the stuff Mods added like some Unseen models and random weird Clan stuff. So finding that was kind of a neat easter egg sort of thing.

Though I also didn't bother with the load order either so I think there's some stuff being overridden but I'm not too concerned about it.