Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries announced.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I picked up the DLC.

With the DLC and a years worth of improvements, it's a much better game. It's what the core game should have been at release.

There's more details and window dressing added, so it almost makes me forget that underneath it all it's still the same basic game that I played at release.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I picked up the DLC.

With the DLC and a years worth of improvements, it's a much better game. It's what the core game should have been at release.

There's more details and window dressing added, so it almost makes me forget that underneath it all it's still the same basic game that I played at release.
I find it hard to accumulate cash and increase my tonnage with my obsessive need to collect hero mechs that I'll never use.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I find it hard to accumulate cash and increase my tonnage with my obsessive need to collect hero mechs that I'll never use.
I just look at most of the hero mechs and go "Meh".

K9 is a buy, cold storage, and sell for the UAC and double heatsinks though if you find it early in your campaign/career.

I did run it in a mission though when I was in the lights phase... uh, don't do a raid or anything that isn't defense as getting to extraction in that thing is plain awful.

• 2Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I found the Treb hero and lost the BAP in like its 2nd mission.

I have mixed feelings on the Rifles. They're lighter, so good. But the long cooldown and low overall DPS is kinda meh.

But I like the Chem lasers though. I should probably use them more. Medium Chem feels a bit like medium pulse to me.

Leadsalad Leadsalad that is a nice reference

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They're lighter, so good. But the long cooldown and low overall DPS is kinda meh.
They're a good AI weapon imo, not so great in player hands.

I haven't bothered with chems, I lucked into a pair of lvl 3 erllsbs pretty early on and have been rocking out a jester ever since.

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Large chem lasers are obscenely good. Basically no heat, faster pulse time (less time to hit an area), and faster recharge.

Heavy rifles are discount gauss, 50% longer cooldown but they fit into medium ballistic slots. The ammo is low count so you need a ton of it, but they're pretty good if you're able to pick pieces off a mech at a good distance. The new Hero crab, if you refit with them is comedy for alpha'ing. Full meme is 4 of them, but I wanted something to deal with turrets/ground units/Vtols.
1622907287079.png

1622907263813.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
the burn time on ERLLSBs is so short they're practically hitscan projectiles. Gonna be a sad day when my Jester is too low tonnage to keep taking out into the field.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Take Demolition mission
Decide to take 3 airstrikes Utnayan Utnayan F16s instead of focusing on shares/money
Wipe base out hilariously fast. Press F for enemy mechs caught in there
Evac spawns 500m away
Watch friendly Leopard and enemy Leopard land at same time; shooting ensues
EZ mode wipe of enemy lance response

10/10 would cheese again

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, the one and only mission failure I've had so far since the rerelease was when I hadn't bothered taking the AMS ammo out of the cockpit of the Jester and it took a crit. Also this happened in a coop game last week.

z4R3IiO.png

• 1Double Worf

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Yeah, the one and only mission failure I've had so far since the rerelease was when I hadn't bothered taking the AMS ammo out of the cockpit of the Jester and it took a crit. Also this happened in a coop game last week.

z4R3IiO.png

john travolta nba GIF

(how do your techs even rebuild it...)

• 1Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
(how do your techs even rebuild it...)
That's why you tolerate Fahad running his mouth so much, he's actually the best mech-tech in the entire Inner Sphere. He can rebuild a mech from nothing but scraps using only the extremely limited repair facilities on a Leopard.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
My entire lance kept getting shot in the back, and I had to run around in circles until I found this asshole turret

I can't even damage it

You can see the end of the barrel sticking out below the reticle where it says "23m" and has the horizontal white line

1624201513863.png