Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries announced.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Gonna check this out again. Any mods I should look into or any improvements in the DLC that would make it a required purchase?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Gonna check this out again. Any mods I should look into or any improvements in the DLC that would make it a required purchase?
There are several mission chains in hotis that reward you with hero mechs, and there's a cantina mechanic that provides you with extra mini-missions for more loot. I think it's worth the purchase.

As far as mods go, I only run 3 atm. No Friendly Fire, Remove JumpShip Animation, and Reasonable Reputation - No Difficulty Squish.

That last one is mandatory imo, they made this really stupid change for the rerelease where your faction standing gains start getting throttled if your rep is too high above the conflict zone, but your losses stay the same.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
As far as mods go, I only run 3 atm. No Friendly Fire, Remove JumpShip Animation, and Reasonable Reputation - No Difficulty Squish.

That last one is mandatory imo, they made this really stupid change for the rerelease where your faction standing gains start getting throttled if your rep is too high above the conflict zone, but your losses stay the same.

I'm glad you mentioned this, because I didnt think that would bother me much but it ended up annoying the #*^$%@# out of me

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm glad you mentioned this, because I didnt think that would bother me much but it ended up annoying the #*^$%@# out of me
Yes it's an absolutely terrible change and it blows my mind that I've run into multiple people who defend it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
also this, dunno why its previewing the whole goddamn post instead of just linking to it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I can hear this guy in my sleep

1624324071323.png

1624323983519.png

• 1Worf

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
21 mech kills, and I wasn't even trying to see how high I could go. I was jist aiming for +1m cbills on a warzone, then bounced to the dropship and left

Upgraded dual goose Sleipner is fucking hilarious

1624426403488.png

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Yeah, the Sleipner hero is a beast. 100% recommend buying that when you see it and keeping it loaded up. It's good for the AI too since the expensive bits are in the torsos instead of the arms (my poor, poor KGCs in AI hands).

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nightstar is more accurate due to the better convergence on arm mounts, but you really cant beat the safety of torso mounts.

Did the final five campaign missions tonight in coop, they were actually quite fun compared to how nightmarish I remember them being with AI pilots.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Is this game good yet? I only made it a few hours at launch before I quit in disgust, but I still want a good mech game damnit.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is this game good yet? I only made it a few hours at launch before I quit in disgust, but I still want a good mech game damnit.
Beggars can't be choosers. Game is still deeply flawed but the gameplay is fun.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
New expansion announced, coming out in a week (sept 23rd)

Looks great.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users