Men's Bar Soap for Showering

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So I've been a loyal fan of Lever 2000 for probably the past 20 years (since it was first released). It's always been great to me. However, the end of last year it suddenly shit the bed. They moved manufacturing down to Mexico. They changed the soap formula, as well as the overall length/width/height of the bars. They also changed the packaging from individual boxes to these wax-paper wrapped shit.

The issue with the "new" Lever 2000 is that it's completely different. It doesn't lather up the way the old stuff did. And the soap doesn't harden up between uses. Instead it gets almost like paste. So the life of each bar is cut down drastically.

I've tried a few types of soap since the change, and I'm not really happy with any of them. Dove is pretty much the same as new Lever. IE - shit.
Irish Spring is okay, but the scent is WAY too strong. It also doesn't fully harden between uses.
Ivory is the closest that I've come up with, but the scent is very strong at first. It reminds me a lot of a citronella candle, which isn't great. Also, it seems to affect my eyes more so than previous soaps. IE - Scrub my face and rinse off in the water, but when I open my eyes again, they burn. It must leave some type of residue on the skin, even though it doesn't feel like it does.

Any of you have a bar soap that you use and like? I'd love to hear some new suggestions.

PS - That pump soap sucks, in my opinion. I don't want to use a loofah or whatever. I just rub the bar on my skin and call it a day. Also, I like standing in the stream the entire time I'm showering, and the liquid pump soap quickly goes away when you do that. So... pass.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Most of the mass produced soaps do that whole soak up the water thing and become soggy now.

Where I live has a market and a woman there makes and sells her own soaps. They are great, about twice the weight of a store bought bar and last way longer. Come in massive range of fragrances too. I'd try and find someplace like that unless you're in the ass end of nowhere and visit see what they have. They normally provide really small test bars if you ask.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I literally use Dial For Men from the dollar store. 2 bars for a buck, who cares if they only last for a few weeks? Very light scent, suds up nicely, and rinses off cleanly.

Exactly this, except only 2 bars.

dial for men.jpeg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Thanks for this thread. I'm about to run out of my (old school) Lever 2000 stock in another month or so and I wasn't sure what to try. I had seen a few videos on YT previously where other L2000 users were trying to find a similar bar, but without a lot of success.

Cheap ass motherfucking company.

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
Am i the only one that shampoos their hair and uses that lather over the restof their body?

• 3Like
  • 2WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
What makes this actually good? I might give it a shot if you give a good description.

bunch of reviews:

Smells unique/good and gets me clean. I don't really like the standard soaps cause they lather and rinse off weird, smell like crazy ass perfume and disappear after like 5 showers. I was buying all sorts of diff foo foo soaps trying to find ones I liked until I found this one. Now I only use this and one other brand/scent, which is the Level charcoal soap. It's legit charcoal soap, other soaps with charcoal in the name are full of shit and are pussy with the charcoal but level is good stuff:

level-naturals_tea-tree_activated-charcoal-soap_900x900.jpg

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I know no one will like this, but I use charcoal soap. I honestly bought it because I got sick of the kids using my soaps. But the shit really works well.

OWN029.jpg

• 1Like

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Irish Spring is okay, but the scent is WAY too strong. It also doesn't fully harden between uses.

I just switched to Irish Spring a couple months ago. Honestly, I don't find it to be objectionably strong scented, but to each their own. The clincher for me was that it's on sale at Costco all the time, so it's a decent price and the bars last long enough.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I just switched to Irish Spring a couple months ago. Honestly, I don't find it to be objectionably strong scented, but to each their own. The clincher for me was that it's on sale at Costco all the time, so it's a decent price and the bars last long enough.

My dad's always used Irish Spring bar soap. Growing up, we lived in a 6700sqft house and the instant he came out of the shower, the whole damn house smelled like Irish Spring. I don't know if they changed the recipe at some point, but back then at least that shit was strong as fuck.