Men's Bar Soap for Showering

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Mine weren't, and the pine tar smell did drop pretty quickly as well. Usually by the time I was out of the bathroom after drying off and getting dressed, the smell was completely gone.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Mine weren't, and the pine tar smell did drop pretty quickly as well. Usually by the time I was out of the bathroom after drying off and getting dressed, the smell was completely gone.

ya the ones I buy at a local store, for about double the online price, have about double the scent

customer support gonna mail me a few soaps direct from factory so i'll be able to pinpoint if it's a storage/freshness issue

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
No luck. She was saying "yeah, it's supposed to have no smell right away. People don't want to walk around smelling like a wet fireplace."

Worth a try, at least.

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
My pine tar bars weren't shrink wrapped and came from Amazon. The two charcoal bars were ordered from Amazon, but came from a 3rd party. Those boxes looked pretty rough.

I went to buy more a couple days ago but saw the price increased.....probably because they're shipping out free bars to Kiroy and need to make up lost money!! :D

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
My 6-pack was wrapped as all one bundle, and I don't notice much smell at all. However, as I think I mentioned, when I first put them in my bathroom I could literally smell it from down the hall. Before I opened the plastic. So maybe I'm just used to it. Seems like I would notice something at first though, but I barely even notice it when putting it on, let alone later.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
My 6-pack was wrapped as all one bundle, and I don't notice much smell at all. However, as I think I mentioned, when I first put them in my bathroom I could literally smell it from down the hall. Before I opened the plastic. So maybe I'm just used to it. Seems like I would notice something at first though, but I barely even notice it when putting it on, let alone later.
maybe its just people's expectations not being met. when i got the package, before i even opened it i could smell the soap in the package, when i opened the package that smell got stronger. after using the soap for a month the bar when DRY barely has any kind of smell. but after its wet i smell it quite easily and it lingers around on my self for several hours. maybe you guys think its supposed to be some kind of cologne? i dunno, guys sometimes drench themselves in that shit and you can smell it long after they left the room. i prefer a very faint to neutral smell so maybe thats why i have no problems so far. its weird.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
maybe its just people's expectations not being met. when i got the package, before i even opened it i could smell the soap in the package, when i opened the package that smell got stronger. after using the soap for a month the bar when DRY barely has any kind of smell. but after its wet i smell it quite easily and it lingers around on my self for several hours. maybe you guys think its supposed to be some kind of cologne? i dunno, guys sometimes drench themselves in that shit and you can smell it long after they left the room. i prefer a very faint to neutral smell so maybe thats why i have no problems so far. its weird.
Maybe, but I mean, I get out of the shower and literally can't smell it on myself 5 minutes later. But as I said, it was literally overpowering when I first bought it, so it could very well just be that I am used to it and can't even smell it. I did ask my coworker if she smells anything, and after she asked me if this was a "smell my finger" situation (she's nastier than I am), she said she didn't notice anything with a particular scent on me. Not even the scent of despair.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I don't do liquid soap, but I found that they also made bar soap. I'm going to try the Mint variety as soon as my Grandpa's Soap is gone. About 2 months from now.

I'm about a week into use of this new Peppermint style soap, and I fucking love it. The bar feels a lot thicker than a standard bar (it's probably 1/4" thicker), and the soap works quite well. I get so many suds out of it. And any time you use it on a delicate area (Face, balls, pits), you get a tingling feeling. It also smells very fresh, even if it doesn't leave any scent even while still standing in the shower.

I'm pretty happy with this. I'll see how long it lasts, but this may be my new keeper.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i finally had the no scent thing happen to me. right when the bar became miniscule. either the scent only goes so deep or it just wears off the longer it sits. or both.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I'm about a week into use of this new Peppermint style soap, and I fucking love it. The bar feels a lot thicker than a standard bar (it's probably 1/4" thicker), and the soap works quite well. I get so many suds out of it. And any time you use it on a delicate area (Face, balls, pits), you get a tingling feeling. It also smells very fresh, even if it doesn't leave any scent even while still standing in the shower.

I'm pretty happy with this. I'll see how long it lasts, but this may be my new keeper.

Hawaii Costcos are now carrying the liquid version, 2 24oz bottles for the price of a single 32 on amazon.

Pro-Tip. Shower with peppermint and then immediately slip into a tub, its like you climbed into liquid nitrogen.

• 1Worf

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Anyones opinions on these? look pretty interesting. Though I feel like 9oz might be a pathetic sized bottle so not sure how long theyd last being "thick".

At the end of my Dr bronners finally. Noticed in our "rich" costco that sells $2000 liqueurs they are now selling the peppermint bronners. Torn between trying the other "flavors" I'm interested in or just jumping into the pine tar soaps of legend in this thread. Been pretty happy w/ bronners, at least longevity for sure, though the all day stink protection of the crystal deodorant from the other thread is my current bathroom mvp.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
pine tar soap best soap, i go with this brand

303e8987-f64f-41c2-99bb-795e2a943e35_1.9b738c2ad211c5514c0b38ff0f130edb.jpeg
This is the pine tar soap that people are using.