Men's Fashion

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Damn those are nice but that leather sole has to be shit if you're going to wear them anywhere except prom.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
A while back someone here linked a kickstarter to a new jean company called RPMWest. It's an online only shopping model where you tell them the style you want and they send you three sizes of your choosing, you keep the one you want and send back the two you don't. Looks like they chose me as a winner for a free pair. I'll report back once I get the jeans on how they fit/look.
The denim used by RPMWest is pretty shitty. Construction isn't anything good, either. Both are pretty similar to APC. It is just one of many of these kickstarters trying to strike gold in the "high end denim for all" idea that Gustin is capitalizing on so well. But at least Gustin's product doesn't suck balls.

Vegetoee_sl

shitlord
Bought a John Varvatos Blazer the other week at Nordstrom's. It was on sale for $350 as part of the half-yearly sale. I recommend it. The style is great and the cut of fabric is good for the price.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well I hang out with a lot of gay people

Whose friends are bigger experts? (see what I did there?)

Tenks

Gay people (or at least the fashion oriented ones) tend to only care about fashion and not a damn about quality and workmanship. Since the people I know could rattle off almost anything you want to know about denim I'd trust their opinion than some people who would sooner tell you APC and Nudie are the best jeans ever manufactured. They'll be better quality at a decent price than "premium denim" you'd buy like 7FAM, AG and others but they're still pretty low-tier. Like I said I'd rather buy Gustin or Unbranded at that price point.

Khane

So your friends (whom I have never met) are smarter than my friends (whom you've never met) about a product neither of us have ever tried. Got it.

Also, that's quite the stereotype for gay people. it's definitely coded into their DNA to only care about fashion over quality. And fashionable clothing is always just garbage... I can't take you seriously right now.

Tenks

Whatever you seem to want to argue for the sake of argument. But I doubt you could even try and tell me anything about denim that makes a quality garment. Enjoy your jeans they're still better quality than most anything you'll find at any chain store.

Khane

Nah I'm just saying I have no idea what they will be like and I'm not just going to take your word for it because:

A) You don't own a pair
B) This is the internet and you could be full of shit about your apparent plethora of denim expert friends. Who the fuck has a group of denim "expert" friends?
C) You called them shit but still admit they are better quality than most anything I'll find at a retailer. So you sound like a denim hipster.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Fucking denim hipsters. Goddamnit!!!!!!!!!!!

I find myself not even wearing jeans anymore (is there a fancier word I should use? Should I just call it denim? swag yolo denim?). I've come to enjoy the feeling of khakis on my supple body.

Khane

Anyone ever used the traveling Indochino tailors?

Custom Suits & Mens Suits | Indochino

Could be a bargain IF the quality is there but I am wary of it since:
A) It looks like they don't travel often and you typically have to take your own measurements and send them in
B) I can't find any information on the most important question you can ask about a suit (Are the suit jackets Fused, Half-Canvas or Full Canvas?)
C) The shirts seem very overpriced.

Khane

Yeah I got mine on Monday. Not impressed at all. How many times have you thrown them in a machine cycle? They say to hand wash them with a delicate detergent like Woolite.

The material is very stiff and rough, the packaging said that's to be expected because it's "raw denim" and they will break in over time but right now they feel like a cheap pair of Lee jeans. They are also way too low on the rise for my taste. I cannot pull them up enough to make it not look like they are hanging off my ass. Not a fan of the style at all. Luckily they were free. I'll wear em a bit more and see if the fabric is better to wear once they've been "worn in".

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I've hand washed them maybe 4 or 5 times to try and soften them up and nothing has helped much. Much like you said I feel like my ass is hanging out non stop, they literally rid right at the top of my crack and if I kneel down or bend in the slightest I look like a plumber.

I've owned a few pairs of raw denim in the past and these aren't even close to being decent quality, even if they softened up the cut alone is enough to make me not want to wear them.

rasstapp_sl

shitlord

Custom Suits & Mens Suits | Indochino

Could be a bargain IF the quality is there but I am wary of it since:
A) It looks like they don't travel often and you typically have to take your own measurements and send them in
B) I can't find any information on the most important question you can ask about a suit (Are the suit jackets Fused, Half-Canvas or Full Canvas?)
C) The shirts seem very overpriced.
A buddy of mine uses a similar service, a traveling "tailor" who stops by a hotel in town around 4-6 times a year. He brings fabric-tests, collars etc. and an overview of the different styles. He also do all of the measuring for you.
The suits and shirts themselves are made in Thailand I think, and delivered in about of month. In my opinion the suits my friend has bought (2 or 3 that I've seen) looks fantastic, and he says it's good value, but I'm not sure about the quality. On the other hand, he's been using the same guy for over three years, so it can't be too bad.

Somewhat related:

Khane

Well the indochino tailors unfortunately very rarely travel. Like once per year maybe. They usually want you to send them the measurements yourself which is prone to all kinds of problems. I just found out a friend of mine bought his suit through them and I must say, it's quite a nice suit. He payed $700 for it and it's full canvas and the material is super 140s merino wool (or so he claims). That's just... a retardedly good deal.

MyTailor.com are one of the hong kong traveling tailor sites and those are apparently top tier in both fabric quality and craftsmanship (this is just based on reviews and pictures I've seen). I spoke to one of their reps and they claim their suits are bespoke. They have tailors all over the country at least once per quarter that actually come and take your measurements, talk to you about what you want, get the styling you want, and have a plethora of fabric swatches to choose from.

MyTailor.com - Custom Shirts and Suits Fabric Collections

The Hemrajani collection is supposedly one of the best deals you can find anywhere. I have never done this, but I am thinking about doing it for my next suit.

Sterling

El Presidente
I told you fuckers if you want good suits you go to England and find a bespoke tailor to make you some. Then fly to Italy and have some shoes made.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I have I think four suits from there? Over the course of two to three years. If you were ordering your first suit and lived in the town where the traveling tailor was coming, I would recommend going to check it out, let them measure you and fill in your profile, and order a suit for $350 or whatever. It isn't that much money and you could be surprised.

However, if you already have your measurements locked in, are happy with the product, are comfortable making minor adjustments to your measurements, or have to travel an appreciable distance to go, I would say skip it.

Their old style of entering measurements I thought was better than the new one. Mind were fine two years ago, but after two years of weight training and exercise they could use some updates. Unfortunately it asks me to input 1/4 inch adjustments to like 20 potential areas and I have no base for what the initial measurement was anyone. I can try take some screen shots of the page to explain what I'm saying.....

edit: here's what I mean

rrr_img_57073.png

Those are garment measurements, not body measurements. Not being a tailor I have no idea how much my garment chest size needs to be adjusted. Was it 37" when I originally put it in and that made it 40.25" garment? Now that my chest is like 40" should the new garment size be 43.25"? The process falls apart here for me, it is supposed to be easy and straightforward, and the way it is set up now it isn't.

Anyways, based on some of your posts here I think you may be disappointed. You seem to have high expectations and without starting off with their tailor the results are all over the board with self measurements. Even if you are measured by their staff I would guarantee you would need a remake to tweak. Their remake process is very good though. I have had one pair of pants and a jacket remade and there are basically zero questions asked.

My favorite thing of theirs is probably my wool coat. If I could get my measurements straight I would buy again, because they really aren't bad at all for the cost / fit. You can find package deals on the shirts sometimes, like three for $150. Sorry this post rambled, hard to see everything I'm typing on a tablet.

Tenks

I have a pair and they are shit. Threads on many seams is coming out to the point where I'm scared to even launder them.

Glad that's settled.
Hm go figure the guy on here obsessed with raw denim actually knew what he was talking about saying the brand was just cash grabbing the raw denim fad