Men's Fashion

kudos

<Banned>
Anyone try Indochino or Suit Supply? I'm curious on quality. My friend and I are thinking of trying Indochino but it seems too good to be true.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
A friend of mine has an Indochino suit. I would call it decent. It's a nice suit for the $500 he paid, certainly much nicer than the off the rack stuff at the same price point.

Tirant

Golden Knight of the Realm
A buddy of mine gave use Indochino suits for his wedding, instead of renting tuxes. It was one of the cheaper models ($350?) and its pretty fantastic for that price point. Overall I'd say its a decent quality suit and probably best in class for the price.

I also have a more expensive ($700ish) Suitsupply suit that is quite nice.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I've got two Suit Supply suits that are both very nice. They were both around $400 if I remember correctly.

I don't have a ton of suit experience, but I can only compare them to couple of (tailored) Mens Warehouse suits I had before, which were slightly more expensive but utter shit.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I've got two Suit Supply suits that are both very nice. They were both around $400 if I remember correctly.

I don't have a ton of suit experience, but I can only compare them to couple of (tailored) Mens Warehouse suits I had before, which were slightly more expensive but utter shit.

Getting dressed up to play with your pokeballs?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I wear a pretty standard outfit (company branded polo and grey or khaki pants)... every day so I dress it up with a nice watch (omega speedmaster) and a nato strap. Nice statement piece that’s a talking point since I always loved design and nasA

I work in different shoes and belts and occasionally rock a button down.

Apologies for the shitty picture quality

F6B8A39E-2AAA-4CF4-B377-3DE6F26668B2.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Xarpolis Xarpolis Get some of the old bond persols. Those things are ballin and distinct
I just did a google search. That isn't my style at all.

Xarpolis, you look MUCH better with some facial hair.
You would know best. I've been letting my facial hair go for a few days at a time before I shave again. It's just a lazy thing. I don't like having a beard anymore. It's too hot for that out here.

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
I just did a google search. That isn't my style at all.

You would know best. I've been letting my facial hair go for a few days at a time before I shave again. It's just a lazy thing. I don't like having a beard anymore. It's too hot for that out here.

Which model were you looking at? The 2720s and some variants were mainly what I was thinking. Some of the more ornate styles i can’t do For the style your looking at square. They have some editions that look a little more large. Main thing I like about them is they are fairly distinctive with their marking on the sides. Won’t see tons of them on the street

My biggest fashion upgrade recently though has been getting a subscription at a men’s salon to keep my beard and hair sides very tight. It’s a monthly fee and I get touch ups done weekly so that I keep a good fade from my beard to sideburns. Works out well. I wear it pretty tight, no guard to a few days grown beyond that.

It works well for me, any longer is too much to your point (I live in Houston TX)

4E6FBF83-C149-4C32-B3C5-DF254016DB06.png

Last edited:

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wear a pretty standard outfit (company branded polo and grey or khaki pants)... every day so I dress it up with a nice watch (omega speedmaster) and a nato strap. Nice statement piece that’s a talking point since I always loved design and nasA

I work in different shoes and belts and occasionally rock a button down.

Apologies for the shitty picture quality

View attachment 170973
Nice stuff. I need to work this in a bit more. My job gives me a bunch of branded polos, but I typically wear dress slacks with a button down. Summer time is getting a bit hot for that, and working in hospitals means dress shoes also don't work nearly as well.

Goal for the rest of the year is get more branded polos, find better shoes that have rubber soles, comfortable, and don't look like sneakers, and a watch. Love it! For about a year, maybe a decade ago, I was really into the fake Rolex's for fun. About $300-400, and they are pretty damn legit looking. repgeek maybe? I'd have to Google it but was a whole forum dedicated to the parts and people making the fakes.

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
Nice stuff. I need to work this in a bit more. My job gives me a bunch of branded polos, but I typically wear dress slacks with a button down. Summer time is getting a bit hot for that, and working in hospitals means dress shoes also don't work nearly as well. I bought about 4 pairs of legit work shoes that I rotate through because my feet stink like fuck if I don’t.

Goal for the rest of the year is get more branded polos, find better shoes that have rubber soles, comfortable, and don't look like sneakers, and a watch. Love it! For about a year, maybe a decade ago, I was really into the fake Rolex's for fun. About $300-400, and they are pretty damn legit looking. repgeek maybe? I'd have to Google it but was a whole forum dedicated to the parts and people making the fakes.

Watches are a super personalized thing so I would never presume to give advice on it, but when I was searching for one I personally decided specifically to look for a storied brand that wasn’t a Rolex because I didn’t feel comfortable at my age (I’m 30). I bought it used off of craigslist showed up at an omega jeweler and got it certified was like 2700 for me. What I liked about it is it’s strap diversity. You can really do well with a NATO, leather , or metal strap for when the occasion calls for it. I put on my metal links when I get a suit on. Super diverse which is awesome

Sometimes I’ll wear a polo cloth 2 color khaki belt and work in sperrys which is nice for knocking around when it’s hot out. Houston is hell in the summer. I legit work a four shoe rotation because my feet stink like shit therwise

Last edited:
  • 1Like

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
DC8623B1-5396-4760-AA3B-3612E45C9010.jpeg

I've wanted Viberg Boondockers for years so I finally broke down and treated myself for my Birthday. They just came in yesterday and they're already breaking in beautifully. :cool:

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

i have recently taken to collarless - banded / nehru / mandarin collar shirts for a - suit or jacket and no tie look- imo they look much better with no tie and buttoned up than a collard shirt with no tie buttoned up or not.

Watches- I have my movado bold connected II - love it

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I feel like it’s time for me to switch to dress shirts, slacks and shoes. Maybe a blazer too. Shoes I have covered but the rest I want to get while tossing my current shirts(don’t really have any slacks). Price doesn’t matter but the smaller the quality/price ratio is, the better. For shirts I know CT is recommended here often but I would like another’s option or two. Please enlighten.

Also a new suit or five would be nice.

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I haven't shopped at Uniqlo in a long time but I always found their sizes to be really weird. Clothes are meant for tiny Asians.

I'm really close to doing a complete wardrobe overhaul. Just invest two grand in all new shit.