Men's Fashion

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I rarely wear belts. Only wear them if I'm tucking my shirt in. Tucked shirts look dumb without them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animale

Trakanon Raider
  • 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Got the shirts, no way to wear them untucked unless you're a slob that doesn't care jhow you look. I guess you could have them hemmed, but they are extremely nice shirts, especially for the price.

Glad I got them.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'll check 'em out. Hard to beat at that price. Though Nordstrom Rack has very fair prices as well.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Charles Tyrwhitt is basically the same style/quality as Brooks Brothers but at a much better price since their sales are fantastic.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'll check 'em out. Hard to beat at that price. Though Nordstrom Rack has very fair prices as well.
Just be warned.. they just straight up fit me, no alterations needed. I don't know about other sizes and shit, I just picked XL because the dimensions mapped to my measurements give or take small differences.

But for the same price as a Kohl's longsleeve button down, can't beat it. I've heard comparisons to Brooks Brothers, but I wouldn't know.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
ended up ordering 2 dress shirts from CT, and 4 cotton-linen polo's, the dress shirts arrive in 5 days the polo's come in a week or so. i'll post my thoughts on the fit etc once i wear them.

For the navy blazer i need for my sister's wedding in bermuda next saturday, i ended up not going to the CT store that is ~hr away , but went to Milton's in chestnut hill, they have a ralph lauren 100% linen blazer and slacks lineup in navy, got the navy blazer (46R -needed the sleeves shortened ~2 inches) for 130 and 3 pair of the linen slacks- 2 in navy one in tan (60 bucks each- needed to be hemmed ~3-4 inches), a white french cuff shirt, a purple/navy/ other colors patterned tie, pocket square to match, and a set of cufflinks that match the colors of the tie decently- i pick up the blazer and slacks wed.

thinking of getting a more expensive shoe to wear than the cheaper dockers i wear, got some of the less expensive cole haan oxfords in tan, but am thinking -moving forward- of getting something a bit higher end that will last a long while at my use level(maybe once a month). cobbler's union or beckett simonon are the two brands i am looking at now.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I've become complacent. I just wear slacks now and reduced my number of suits to two for when I have bigger/more formal meetings.

Also fuck summer and ties

Khane

Got something right about marriage
thinking of getting a more expensive shoe to wear than the cheaper dockers i wear, got some of the less expensive cole haan oxfords in tan, but am thinking -moving forward- of getting something a bit higher end that will last a long while at my use level(maybe once a month). cobbler's union or beckett simonon are the two brands i am looking at now.

I have several pairs of Allen Edmonds that I have owned for years. They might be more than you're willing to spend but they still look as good as the day I bought them.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
AEs will out live you if you only wear them once a month

Still looking for linen shirts, the heavy real linen.

Been looking for years now

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Wish CT had a better sale this weekend. Wanted some more of their fitted shirts.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
The dress shirts arrived today. Look sharp. Spread collar. They come with complementary brass collar stays/stiffeners. That they sell for 10 bucks for a 3 pack

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I can’t fit in most of my 36 waist pants anymore cause I’m a fatass now. 38s don’t work. Where the fuck do I find pants that fit.

I’ve been to 3 fucking stores looking forpants with no go.for purposes of this exercise assume I will not just stop being a fatass. Please send help.

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
Are the 38s too big or something?

Way too big it’s weird. Can stick both my hands down them and pull out. I may try just buying them and washing the shit out of them to shrink it or something. Just need to know which brands will shrink on me.

So like my actual problem no joke is that I have a rather fat ass I am thinking because my waist like ends up being the issue of too small here while the butt fits perfect in 38s.

Animale

Trakanon Raider
Way too big it’s weird. Can stick both my hands down them and pull out. I may try just buying them and washing the shit out of them to shrink it or something. Just need to know which brands will shrink on me.

So like my actual problem no joke is that I have a rather fat ass I am thinking because my waist like ends up being the issue of too small here while the butt fits perfect in 38s.
Buy some belts.

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
Buy some belts.

Yeah it bunches up the pants they are that big on me and creates a bad look. Not good for tucking in. Mainly asking if anyone else has the same problem and if they found anything that worked for them. May just go consult a tailor.