Men's Fashion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
its a fucking belt.

full grain leather, canvas, braided, etc

as long as it looks Decent, it is fine, i have a casual style for everyday use and i got a formal style for my suits.
i've gotten asked where i got my belt at a party- where i had the formal style on and i said amazon, its a ratcheting belt, and invariably the person goes, oh that is cool, i'll go take a look. then i see him at the next event and he has a belt like mine on.

for the true fashionista..no belts for suits is the way to go, with adjustable buckle tailored pants apparently.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Alright the TM Lewin shirts are here and they are pretty good; comparable to CT. The fitted size is a tiny tiny bit larger than the CT extra slim sizes.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I bought that ratchet belt Lenardo linked in the last page and I love it. Very easy to use, no annoying holes to deal with.

Only problem is when you're done taking a shit everyone hears CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
ya that is the only annoying thing...clicks as you put it back on, even then you are only worry about it a few times then forget.

glad you like it (provided you are not being sarcastic)

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Alright the TM Lewin shirts are here and they are pretty good; comparable to CT. The fitted size is a tiny tiny bit larger than the CT extra slim sizes.
Got mine in and feels and looks pretty great. Had ordered 2 but only 1 shipped. They adjusted my order and said the other was out of stock.

Also got a pretty cheap Perry Ellis shirt in on Amazon and it looks freakin' amazing with a cool color changing shimmer. Stylin' and profilin'!

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
J. Crew is for soy boys. Last pair of shorts I got from there ripped over my thighs.
Must have got the soyboy cut bro. Their athletic cut is the perfect fit for me and I'm always struggling to find pants/shorts that fit my thighs without having to up-size the waist.

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
Bros of FOH, I have a gala event coming up in November at work. I have plenty of cheap suits now that I've gone up to middle management, but do not own a tux. Instead of renting one, I like the idea of buying one just to have around. I do not wish to spend a lot of money on one, this is like a twice a year kind of thing tops. Anyone have places they recommend me going to?

Also, please talk me out of this if buying a tux is a stupid idea. I have a feeling I'll continue to climb the ladder, especially after getting my MBA and these events could be more common for me.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Guessing it would depend on how many times a year you think you might wear one. I own a tux. I wore at most every other year, maybe longer. I only wore it for pure social events and not business related.

Aevian

Guessing it would depend on how many times a year you think you might wear one. I own a tux. I wore at most every other year, maybe longer. I only wore it for pure social events and not business related.

I'm going to guess once to twice a year for these charity events. Any recommendations on places to look?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm going to guess once to twice a year for these charity events. Any recommendations on places to look?

No and I'm the last person to ask about where to buy. I'm sure others are more tuned into that. Sorry.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Bros of FOH, I have a gala event coming up in November at work. I have plenty of cheap suits now that I've gone up to middle management, but do not own a tux. Instead of renting one, I like the idea of buying one just to have around. I do not wish to spend a lot of money on one, this is like a twice a year kind of thing tops. Anyone have places they recommend me going to?

Also, please talk me out of this if buying a tux is a stupid idea. I have a feeling I'll continue to climb the ladder, especially after getting my MBA and these events could be more common for me.
If you want something that isn't a total piece of shit but don't want to pay a lot (you should probably define what "a lot" is for you) then really your only option is ebay.

Senaiel

Indochino makes made to order tuxes in multiple colors (navy, black, etc.) They are pretty decent and at least will be fitted how you want.

Aevian

If you want something that isn't a total piece of shit but don't want to pay a lot (you should probably define what "a lot" is for you) then really your only option is ebay.

I'd like to stay between $200-300 but can go up to $500. Any good brands to look for on eBay?

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I'd like to stay between $200-300 but can go up to $500. Any good brands to look for on eBay?
I don't know a whole lot about tuxedos but Zegna, Isaia, Brooks Brothers, Armani, Eidos, Canalli, Ralph Lauren (not green label) are probably all safe bets.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Suitsupply is my default recommendation, but you're looking at $600-$700 minimum new. I've never checked eBay.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
RE: CT shirts- polo's specficially, the body length was just too short- large that is- i ordered a few XL and the fit length wise is about perfect, it's a bit baggier around the chest,but i like this length much better. large shirts just fell below my belt so if i stretched etc, lots of skin was exposed, the xl's arelonger in body, thus my stomach is hidden much more when stretching etc.

Re sneakers/shoes,

Because it is almost time for me to get another pair of sneakers (i typically get New Balance 623 or equiv style from them for ~60 bucks, once a year) i ordered a pair of white beckett simonon sneakers which will arrive in about 10 weeks..(they were on sale for 120) will post a few pictures and review once they arrive and i start wearing them.

Last edited:

splorge

This budget is not realistic for a tuxedo. Even a modestly priced tuxedo (wool, half-canvassed, decent satin) will cost around 1,500 USD. If the dress code to the gala is black tie, then you have few options but to wear a proper tux. If the dress code is dinner jacket you might be able to get away with something a little less formal/costly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ralph Lauren.com dead retail?

I don't want to word this too strongly because I'm not 100% on the tuxedo market but you are definitely the dumbest fucking idiot on planet earth. I have 0 doubt if it's on Ralphs main site at 1395 it can be found at any of the 95 retailers that carry it for under 500 so long as you don't have to buy one at 8pm on new year's eve.