Metal Gear Solid V

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Replaying missions is one of my favorite parts of Metal Gear... Did anyone else play the SHIT out of the VR missions in the original? I replayed every one of them until I could beat the recorded computer times.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I tend to approach missions the opposite way. First time I do it as stealthy as possible, then I come back and mop up objectives that got missed, and maybe I'll do it one more time running around like an idiot because that's how you get S-rank in most missions. If I cared about ranks, I'd find that pretty disappointing design, but fortunately I do not.

And I'm the same way now when it comes to modern/sci-fi/post-apoc stuff vs. medieval/fantasy. Even just with CDPR, yeah TW3 was great, but what I really want is for them to get done with it and move the fuck on to getting Cyberpunk 2077 out.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
"finished" this last night....

it's very obvious that the game wasn't "complete" in the way that Hideo would have considered complete. does this mean we should expect DLC to flesh things out? who knows, but the game offered very little closure. however, i did really enjoy the last mission with Quiet, even though it was pretty fucking cheesy. losing her sucked, since having her on missions was pretty much god mode. still not sure how i feel about the big "reveal" that there are two big bosses. i mean, it doesn't make sense on any level really. however, few things do in the big picture of metal gear.

it's a shame that this game wasn't given another year or so development time to get to what it really could have been. I even would have been fine with them fleshing out Chapter 1 a bit more, calling that "MGSV TPP", and then releasing a subsequent MGSV game that goes further.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
don't expect any DLC to complete the storyline. Hideo is gone. Konami are retrenching around mobile games and pachinko machines (I'm serious) the game is as complete as it will ever be, and the series is finished

the big "you aren't really big boss" reveal is basically Hideo saying to the audience "You're all Big Boss to me" so its kinda sappy sweet in a fare thee well sorta way

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
don't expect any DLC to complete the storyline. Hideo is gone. Konami are retrenching around mobile games and pachinko machines (I'm serious) the game is as complete as it will ever be, and the series is finished

the big "you aren't really big boss" reveal is basically Hideo saying to the audience "You're all Big Boss to me" so its kinda sappy sweet in a fare thee well sorta way
i would be very surprised if we don't see the metal gear IP continue on without Kojima's direct involvement. probably not by Konami, but someone will pick up the rights and keep going with it.

i think you're right though... the fact that it's been almost 2 weeks without a patch for the game breaking glitch when using Quiet on missions 29 and 42 says a lot about the state of affairs at Konami, and the amount of give a fuck they have for Kojima's final project.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Snake, try to remember the basics of CQC

rrr_img_109674.jpg

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
For as much as I love stealth games, it is super annoying that the fastest way to get S is to Ramboooo through the missions. But I admit, it was pretty fucking hysterical to get S on like the third mission by immediately sniping the guy right as you come up on the cliff around the base and he's saluting his men and shit.

<3 minutes mission complete! That was awesome.

Then go through the mission again all stealthy and it took like 2.5 hours to get everything.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
i've really come to love this track from MGSV (well really from Peacewalker, but MGSV was the first time i'd heard it)

my new alarm clock ring to wake up to.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
48 hours played (probably closer to 44) and just unlocked Quiet. Done 14 main missions.

I need to learn to control Quiet. Doing some side ops to level her up, supposed to capture a highly skilled soldier. Wipe out a camp, nobody sees me. Then when I go in to choke the mission target, he turns around and spots me. It would have been easy to CQC, tranq, whatever. I was in no danger. I see a lil green line sweep across the darkness, and boom headshot. Side ops canceled. I sent her a message "QUIET" I said... Returned the comment with silence and started skipping around.

That said, sniping outposts from two directions seems op. AI doesn't seem to be able to handle it at all.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
48 hours played (probably closer to 44) and just unlocked Quiet. Done 14 main missions.

I need to learn to control Quiet. Doing some side ops to level her up, supposed to capture a highly skilled soldier. Wipe out a camp, nobody sees me. Then when I go in to choke the mission target, he turns around and spots me. It would have been easy to CQC, tranq, whatever. I was in no danger. I see a lil green line sweep across the darkness, and boom headshot. Side ops canceled. I sent her a message "QUIET" I said... Returned the comment with silence and started skipping around.

That said, sniping outposts from two directions seems op. AI doesn't seem to be able to handle it at all.
Develop a tranq sniper for her.

Needless

Toe Sucker
These Ocelot / Quiet model swaps that keep popping up crack me the fuck up. Spoiler possibly? I don't know, haven't played it.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Can I sell the MG's and mortars I steal? I didnt know if those were used by my combat support guys, or if it was just a source of income.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I thought I read somewhere or someone mentioned some easy way to get a bunch of A rank soldiers from or after mission 12? I can't find the post so maybe I'm imagining things.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's not something you can do the moment you reach mission 12. It's a way to farm them later in the game, and by that time I'm not sure why you'd care. Even by mission 20 I was already rejecting any soldier less than A+ and would only go out of my way for A++. Unprocessed fuel is something you'll come across naturally too; I've never not had ~20k or so waiting for processing at any given time. Without paying real money to buy more FOBs you're always limited by how fast your MB+FOB can process and not how much you have stored away.

That said, this is the reddit post that was linked:MGSV: How to farm 7500 fuel, 500 precious metal, and 4000 minor metal every 3 minutes : xboxone(There's a mild spoiler in there if you don't want to know exactly what upgrades you get later in the game.)

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
It's not something you can do the moment you reach mission 12. It's a way to farm them later in the game, and by that time I'm not sure why you'd care. Even by mission 20 I was already rejecting any soldier less than A+ and would only go out of my way for A++. Unprocessed fuel is something you'll come across naturally too; I've never not had ~20k or so waiting for processing at any given time. Without paying real money to buy more FOBs you're always limited by how fast your MB+FOB can process and not how much you have stored away.

That said, this is the reddit post that was linked:MGSV: How to farm 7500 fuel, 500 precious metal, and 4000 minor metal every 3 minutes : xboxone(There's a mild spoiler in there if you don't want to know exactly what upgrades you get later in the game.)
Regarding fuel, I am not sure if containers are the same each time, but if so, the oil field (the place where you do the first mission in Africa), if you go back there (at least for the side op extract soldier part 8) it has 2x 7500 fuel containers. Two container slots close to each entrance, one has metal, other has the 2x fuel.

I am 60 hours in now, only done normal missions up to 16, and that mission.... Thoughts I no longer have after mission 16. "I wonder why enemies don't pop balloons", "I wonder if enemies keep missing so much I can always heal up", "I wonder if this game will remain fairly easy in terms of not dying", "I wonder if enemies will keep being on short leashes so you can outrun them easily".

Spoiler for final thought of the mission
I wonder if I can drive around and blow up the world around me if I summon tanks and mobile rocket artillery?! Yes.... yes I can

As to soldiers though, I am playing this so slow that I am already now by mission 17 nearly filled up with minimum B rank, most of which have special skills. Combat soldiers all have A rank. I like the feature where they auto dismiss lower ranks due to base being full. I thought the waiting room was infinite, but apparently not. So I've just started letting it auto sort members for the most part. I fire all troublemakers regardless of their stats.