Metal Gear Solid V

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I had 46 pop for me when I had not done 44/47/48/49/50. My mother base only had 2 platforms that were 4/4. I had done side op 150 and story mission 45 however. I suspect the results of those are the most important for 46 to show up, but I don't know that for sure.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I have been playing this game for about a week now and have not went past mission 15. I just keep doing side ops over and over, I want to savor it as long as possible.

All of my FOB is like 3/4 now. I am an insane person.

I just got Quiet and i really do not see the appeal compared to the awesomeness of DD. That dog is the tits.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I have been playing this game for about a week now and have not went past mission 15. I just keep doing side ops over and over, I want to savor it as long as possible.

All of my FOB is like 3/4 now. I am an insane person.

I just got Quiet and i really do not see the appeal compared to the awesomeness of DD. That dog is the tits.
I'm doing the same thing, for the same reason! I finished mission 13 last night and I've had the game since it came out.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
She can clear entire camps with her suppressed sleep rifle. And destroy armor with her .50 while you stay back and wonder what Kojima was thinking with her rain scene.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
No, not really.

As a whole it's very disjointed. The story is slow and then ends as it starts getting interesting.

The gameplay is good as is the engine, but the total package is lacking.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Finished it up outside a couple normal side ops, the important side op 150 and mission 45 and it's a really strange feeling. The first chapter was an amazing experience and one of the best times I've had gaming in a long time. The second chapter I just wanted to finish to finish. I really felt that those extreme/substance/stealth modes should of just been a toggle on all the existing missions and the few story missions left could of served as an epilogue of sorts. It really sucks knowing outside of a complete restructure of Konami we will never see a MGSV: Substance and what all Hideo really wanted to do plus you know Mission 51.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Heh, I'd wait. If you aren't a hard core metgal gear slurper this game is actually pretty mediocre in its entirety. Over rated. Fun at times but very over rated.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Heh, I'd wait. If you aren't a hard core metgal gear slurper this game is actually pretty mediocre in its entirety. Over rated. Fun at times but very over rated.
It's a big budget peace walker, if you don't like MGS or peace walker i do not think its for you until the price goes down. When I played peace walker the first thing i said to myself was "This needs to be the next metal gear, its the best form of Metal Gear so far".

I bet if you blew through the story missions the narrative would be so much more cohesive. I go back on missions all the time so it seems really slow. I may go through afterwards and just blow through it with just blowing shit up and having fun as fast as possible getting to the story points.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Disagree strongly. As I've said many times, I hated MGS4 and was never much of a fan of 1-3 either; if anything it's the hardcore fans of the series that seem to have the biggest problem with the game and its lack of closure (plus they're still crying about Hayter being replaced by Kiefer after all this time). MGS5 is easily the best game I've played this year.

METALG-SOLIDV-25PERC still works at GMG for 25% off too, so it's not like you have to pay full price for the PC version even now.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I am actually kind of annoyed with this one. I guess i was hoping for a more narrative driven game, something like mgs 1/2 evolved into The Last of Us. I really didnt need resource collection from recycled areas and running forever between map markers in my metal gear.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I'm doing the same thing, for the same reason! I finished mission 13 last night and I've had the game since it came out.
Same. Steam says 87 hours now and only done 20 missions. Got level 4 on 3 parts of the base, rest are at 3. Filled up with 700 mercs, all A rank or better, fire anyone who doesn't have at least an A, but starting to fire ones with a C or less in anything. Don't think a single combat soldier is below A+

As to Quiet compared to DD, DD is great of very quickly tagging camps and finding prisoners, however, Quiet is OP to the max. You can run up to a camp, say "cover me", go make a cup of coffee and come back to a cleared camp. When using the Tranq rifle, you can just run around scanning the sleeping camp afterwards to see if there are any good rank soldiers to fulton. Also fun that she knocks people out when jumping around.

That said, for Quiet, I looked up where the blueprint for her best gun is supposed to be, but it isn't there. Do I need to progress part a certain point before it becomes available? She is at max rank and unlocked all weapons, but need a blueprint for her most powerful one.

Vorph

Brennan blueprint is available during mission 28. (Edit: It might be available earlier in free roam, like after mission 23.)

You really should do a couple more missions and unlock the FOB anyway. You could be upgrading platforms 1 & 2 on it for a hell of a lot less than it costs to upgrade Mother Base to 4.

Vorph

My savegame is up over 250 hours too, but it's hard to judge how many hours I've really played. Since a lot of things you upgrade (basically everything except FOB construction) only tick down their timers in real-time, I have/had a habit of leaving the game going on my PS4 while I was playing Diablo 3 on the computer.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
My savegame is up over 250 hours too, but it's hard to judge how many hours I've really played. Since a lot of things you upgrade (basically everything except FOB construction) only tick down their timers in real-time, I have/had a habit of leaving the game going on my PS4 while I was playing Diablo 3 on the computer.
Or while sleeping, or at work....I'd put my actual played though at around 95-100